Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 2008, 14:58 (Ref:2216824)   #76
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Incredible race two there in the BTCC.

Race 2 Result

PosDriverNatTeamCarClassTime
1Colin TurkingtonGBRTeam RACBMW 320si E90S200026:24.098
2Mat JacksonGBRBMW Dealer Team UKBMW 320si E90S20000.101
3Matt NealGBRVX RacingVauxhall VectraS20003.712
4Rob CollardGBRMotorbase PerformanceBMW 320si E90S20004.295
5Fabrizio GiovanardiITAVX RacingVauxhall VectraS20007.783
6Adam JonesGBRTeam Air Cool / GR AsiaSEAT LeonS20008.546
7Mike JordanGBRJohn Guest RacingHonda Integra Type-RBTCC0.026
8Jason PlatoGBRSEAT Sport UKSEAT Leon TDIS2000D12.102
9Darren TurnerGBRSEAT Sport UKSEAT Leon TDIS2000D12.409
10Stephen JelleyGBRTeam RACBMW 320si E90S200014.818
11Tom Onslow-ColeGBRVX RacingVauxhall VectraS200018.053
12Jason HughesGBRTeam KWRMG-ZS / Honda IntegraBTCC21.777
13Harry VaulkhardGBRRobertshaw RacingChevrolet LacettiS200024.569
14Tom ChiltonGBRTeam HalfordsHonda Civic Type-SS200053.155
15Erkut KizilirmakTUKArkas RacingVauxhall Astra Sport HatchBTCC55.612
16Martyn BellGBRArkas RacingVauxhall Astra Sport HatchBTCC1:10.211
17John GeorgeGBRTH MotorsportHonda Integra Type-RBTCC1:15.089
18Chris StocktonGBRBTC RacingSEAT ToledoS20001:35.013
19Steven KaneGBRMotorbase PerformanceBMW 320si E90S2000DNF
20Stuart OliverGBRBTC RacingSEAT ToledoS2000DNF
21Andrew JordanGBRJohn Guest RacingHonda Integra Type-RBTCCDNF
22Michael DoyleGBRIn-Tune RacingHonda Civic Type-RBTCCDNF
23Gordon SheddenGBRTeam HalfordsHonda Civic Type-SS2000DNF
24Alan TaylorGBRRobertshaw RacingHonda Integra Type-RBTCCDNS

Race 3 Grid

1 - Mike Jordan - John Guest Racing - Honda Integra Type-R - 0.026

2 - Adam Jones - Team Air Cool / GR Asia - SEAT Leon - 8.546

3 - Fabrizio Giovanardi - VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - 7.783

4 - Rob Collard - Motorbase Performance - BMW 320si E90 - 4.295

5 - Matt Neal - VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - 3.712

6 - Mat Jackson - BMW Dealer Team UK - BMW 320si E90 - 0.101

7 - Colin Turkington - Team RAC - BMW 320si E90 - 26:24.098

8 - Jason Plato - SEAT Sport UK - SEAT Leon TDI - 12.102

9 - Darren Turner - SEAT Sport UK - SEAT Leon TDI - 12.409

10 - Stephen Jelley - Team RAC - BMW 320si E90 - 14.818

11 - Tom Onslow-Cole - VX Racing - Vauxhall Vectra - 18.053

12 - Jason Hughes - Team KWR - MG-ZS / Honda Integra - 21.777

13 - Harry Vaulkhard - Robertshaw Racing - Chevrolet Lacetti - 24.569

14 - Tom Chilton - Team Halfords - Honda Civic Type-S - 53.155

15 - Erkut Kizilirmak - Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch - 55.612

16 - Martyn Bell - Arkas Racing - Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch - 0.001

17 - John George - TH Motorsport - Honda Integra Type-R - 0.001

18 - Chris Stockton - BTC Racing - SEAT Toledo - 0.001

19 - Steven Kane - Motorbase Performance - BMW 320si E90 - DNF

20 - Stuart Oliver - BTC Racing - SEAT Toledo - DNF

21 - Andrew Jordan - John Guest Racing - Honda Integra Type-R - DNF

22 - Michael Doyle - In-Tune Racing - Honda Civic Type-R - DNF

23 - Gordon Shedden - Team Halfords - Honda Civic Type-S - DNF

24 - Alan Taylor - Robertshaw Racing - Honda Integra Type-R - DNS
Old 1 Jun 2008, 15:01 (Ref:2216828)   #77
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did happen to Kane on that last lap?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2216844)   #78
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
What did happen to Kane on that last lap?
Looked like it broke something after going off the track. Last we saw he was racing Giovanardi.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2216846)   #79
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
something broke, he pulled straight into the pit after the final hairpin
Old 1 Jun 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2216847)   #80
cos
Veteran

England
Shame. Fastest lap will be some consolation hopefully.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2216880)   #81
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good third race, but some questionable driving.

What was Plato thinking, he just drove into Turkington without a hope af getting through, there was no room at all. I think Jackson was just a little over-agressive, though I think the incident was his fault. Not sure about the Jones Collard thing though, Jones seemed to drive into him to get round the corner, and a shame for Collard after such a good weekend.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2216883)   #82
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eventful third race and somewhat appropriate the first and second places were taken by my tip for both titles.

Jackson looked a bit eratic and should incure a penalty for taking out Turner

Collard just unlucky as Jones had the move done

Plato, move was never on with Colin and tried driving through him rather than past so appropriate Plato suffered most.

Onslow Cole very low key this weekend, Neal a bit dirty taking Shedden out so hopefully his Dad will stop his pocket money to pay for reapirs.

Jelley scored 3 points...im shocked..was it really him driving in race 2 and three?

Chilton seems not to be able to pull a good weekend of results together with Shedden really the lead driver.

Seat have had a bad weekend but they only need to look at Jones to see how they should have done it, maybe Scott Dennis will re-think next years drivers line up and put Jones in there.

Turkington had a good weekend and drove well.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2216898)   #83
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Jelley scored 3 points...im shocked..was it really him driving in race 2 and three?
He's thill just one point ahead of Stockton. And thats pretty dire given the cars they're driving, but maybe Jelleys starting to get the hang of this.

I agree with Jackson getting a penalty, and I think Plato should get something cos he obviously ruined Turkington's race.

Still not sure about Jones, would liked to have seen that from another angle really, but it looked like he was a bit over-optimistic, but if there was just another cm of tarmac...
Old 1 Jun 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2216946)   #84
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Seat have had a bad weekend but they only need to look at Jones to see how they should have done it...
With a petrol engine, you mean?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2216958)   #85
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Total disaster for Seat today.

They'd have been way out in front had they had the petrol engined Leon I believe. Thats not to say the TDi was a bad choice, they just don't seem to have got on top of it at all yet.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2216991)   #86
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
With a petrol engine, you mean?
More the driver in being able to put together solid results in all three races and staying out of trouble.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2217093)   #87
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My god it was wet during race 1, I think I have just dried out. Race 2 was discribed as the greatest touring car race every. Race 3 was a bit dull.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2217106)   #88
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Probably just me - but I thought the camera work and production was a bit crap - continually cutting away from exciting things to look at unexciting things - cutting to recording of previous bits whilst something was happening on track etc. Esp. at end of race 3 - cut away to the pit wall, missing action on the finish line.

Still, on the whole, ITV4 are doing a good job with motorsport.

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2217131)   #89
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Total disaster for Seat today.

They'd have been way out in front had they had the petrol engined Leon I believe. Thats not to say the TDi was a bad choice, they just don't seem to have got on top of it at all yet.
It seems to have all gone wrong when they put the wrong brake-pads in for R1.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2217142)   #90
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
today

RACE 2 was the best btcc race i have seen in ages and i own every race tape since 1987
fair enough jackson was on a charge after his daft mistake in race 1 and race 3 drove hard and aggressive but a big CONGRATS to him

Matt neal again taking people off, hes just a slimey guy now dont rate him anymore quick car under him but only seems to do well when others struggle in rain etc

seat diesels are pants in the wet as the engines on diesels dont slopw the car down, the brake pads seemed a very lame excuse!
Old 1 Jun 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2217156)   #91
Tibs
Rookie

Tibs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can i find pics from today?
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2217160)   #92
cos
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
Where can i find pics from today?
http://btcc.net/html/fansphotos.php
http://btccpages.com/gallery/v/btcc2008/croft/
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2217168)   #93
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk
seat diesels are pants in the wet as the engines on diesels dont slopw the car down, the brake pads seemed a very lame excuse!
Diesels didn't seem to have any issues in the rain at Pau.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2217171)   #94
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, to be fair it is hard to pass at Pau and they had good grid positions I assume.

I say this having seen nothing of the WTCC weekend, so stand to be corrected.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2217183)   #95
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets tone it down with the idiot-talk, please. /JMeissner

Last edited by JMeissner; 1 Jun 2008 at 20:22.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2217205)   #96
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The second race was a classic - well done to everybody involved in ensuring that the meeting could continue. Farcical that full points should be awarded for 6 laps of racing (some of it under the pace car); the rulebook needs some fixing there.

A lot of contact in race 3 - Plato's move was disappointing, and it looked like Jackson was at fault for taking Turner out. Such a pity that Kane had problems so late in race 2. SEAT Sport UK need to shape up, their performance with the diesel car generally hasn't matched the WTCC teams.

I'm surprised at how well the BMWs coped with the wet-dry parts of race 2, compared to their previous struggles.
Old 1 Jun 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2217287)   #97
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
The second race was a classic - well done to everybody involved in ensuring that the meeting could continue. Farcical that full points should be awarded for 6 laps of racing (some of it under the pace car); the rulebook needs some fixing there.

A lot of contact in race 3 - Plato's move was disappointing, and it looked like Jackson was at fault for taking Turner out. Such a pity that Kane had problems so late in race 2. SEAT Sport UK need to shape up, their performance with the diesel car generally hasn't matched the WTCC teams.

I'm surprised at how well the BMWs coped with the wet-dry parts of race 2, compared to their previous struggles.
Surely TOCA should invoke the 75% completed rule before awarding full points.

R3 - agreed, some disappointing attempts at overtaking. This year has been strange so far in that the BMWs haven't performed well in changeable conditions along with the TDis. It will be interesting to see their true potential over a dry weekend.

Kane seemed to have some electrical issues throughout R2, (his lights were flashing on/off throughout) which seemed to reach the engine by the end of the race. A huge disappointment for Motorbase who seem the most improved team at present.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 05:43 (Ref:2217463)   #98
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OMG... What on earth went through those marshals heads? All 4 of them where running out from behind the barriers like a bunch of suicidal rabbits. Boy are they lucky neither of them got seriously injured. Somebody needs to tell them a orange vest doesnt make you bullet proof so they shouldnt run out headlessly before half the field of cars has passed in the horrible weather conditions. Marshalling is serious (and dangerous) work, not just free tickets.

Full points for 2 + 1 laps of full speed racing... the stewards office rarely fails to disappoint. And of course we wont see anybody get any kind of penalty for any action made on the racetrack by anybody in any of the 3 races.

Other than that, some great racing in race 2.

BTCC = Good tracks, good drivers, interesting car lineup... but the rules and rulings are sub standard. Would be a GREAT series if there was just some sensible rulings, now it's just average.

Last edited by stedevil; 2 Jun 2008 at 05:47.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2217524)   #99
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you dont like the BTCC then why do you even bother to watch it?
Just about every post you write on the series is negative in some way about it.

There's a common saying that goes; "Those that can do it, do it - and those than can't just write about".

The world is full of 'keyboard experts' that think they know better than those in charge. And I'm guilty of doing that often too.
Old 2 Jun 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2217606)   #100
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01
If you dont like the BTCC then why do you even bother to watch it?
It's been asked and answered before. In fact I even mention why in the post above.

So for the last time... Some really good drivers in BTCC, most notably Gio, IMO one of the best drivers today in all of motorsports. I enjoy watching good drivers show their stuff.
Closed Thread