Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:00 (Ref:212616)   #76
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
Jos does'nt seem to think so, he thinks he will drive F1 this year and sooner than everyone expects!
as i said, you'll proberbly prove me wrong.........so spill the beans!!
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:05 (Ref:212622)   #77
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised. It happenned with de la Rosa last year.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:26 (Ref:212659)   #78
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are rumours going on about Toyota(Mcnish) and Jordan(EJ not beeing to happy with Sato). Also there are some reports that suggest Jos testing for Ferrari(he turned them down in december because he had a contract with Arrows) and later in the year racing for Sauber.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:31 (Ref:212665)   #79
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't see Sauber happenning. They have two very quick drivers who the team are happy with.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:35 (Ref:212675)   #80
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is safe at Jordan, EJ said his ability and enthusiasm were " a breath of fresh air", so sorry but there is NO WAY EJ will replace Taka with a past it driver like Toss. Also Mcnish os doing well at Toyota, so why replace him?

We can only assume the Ferrari story is a product of your mind not from any valid factual source.

Accept the fact F1 is better without the dutch thug.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:37 (Ref:212679)   #81
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Also there are some reports that suggest Jos testing for Ferrari(he turned them down in december because he had a contract with Arrows) and later in the year racing for Sauber.

i know that jos and tgf are good mates, but i don't see tgf having that much power within the ferrari empire! afterall, he couldn't get rafe in there a couple of seasons ago, so why should he get jos in there now!?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:43 (Ref:212690)   #82
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
i know that jos and tgf are good mates, but i don't see tgf having that much power within the ferrari empire! afterall, he couldn't get rafe in there a couple of seasons ago, so why should he get jos in there now!?
The offer to Jos was made and turned down before Burti was offered a contract.
I don't think Ferrari needs a fifth driver.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:43 (Ref:212691)   #83
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't there supposed to be a 12th team taking over the spot vacated by Prost?
Old 8 Feb 2002, 21:55 (Ref:212704)   #84
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma
Sato is safe at Jordan, EJ said his ability and enthusiasm were " a breath of fresh air", so sorry but there is NO WAY EJ will replace Taka with a past it driver like Toss.
I think Sato is a good driver. But we haven't seen him race in F1 yet. However I agree it would be stupid to replace him before the season has started.
Quote:
Also Mcnish os doing well at Toyota, so why replace him?
Well, he hasn't proven himself yet, so it's possible to replace him by a younger and more experienced driver. But it would not be wise to do so before the season has started.
Quote:
We can only assume the Ferrari story is a product of your mind not from any valid factual source.
I think I've seen this rumour from different sources ... However, after Jos turned Ferrari down (because he was already bound by his Arrows contract), Burti was signed as a test driver.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 22:59 (Ref:212758)   #85
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Sato is having problems with his back and legs in the EJ12.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 23:09 (Ref:212764)   #86
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma We can only assume the Ferrari story is a product of your mind not from any valid factual source.[/B]
I've seen it at www.formule1.nl, www.rtl.nl, www.telegraaf.nl.
Jos probably also said it during an interview on TV (I missed it, maybe Steve can fill you in).
Old 8 Feb 2002, 23:12 (Ref:212766)   #87
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Steve I agree with you that other opportunities will pop up during the season, by the way Pedro did have a contract last year and turn down 2 different official driving offers, (Prost, Sauber).

Ciao
Old 8 Feb 2002, 23:22 (Ref:212777)   #88
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
as far as I know Pedro did'nt have a signed contract yet.

and YES: Jos also said he turned down the Ferrari offer in the TV interview(BTW Don, tomorow at 14.00 it wil be shown again).

and BTW: when Jos was on holiday in Norway in December(between christmas and newyear) together with Michael Schumacher Jean Todt was there for one or 2 days too.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 11:21 (Ref:212945)   #89
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Trust severs all ties with Arrows, but will still support Jos Verstappen.

OrangeArrows announced earlier today in a press release, that it has released Jos Verstappen, sponsored by Trust, from his contract after two years. In reaction Trust has ended all possible sponsoring ties with OrangeArrows, but will stay supportive of the Dutch driver.

Dordrecht, 7th of February 2002 – Trust, European brand in technology and PC peripherals, has announced today that it has severed all ties with the Formula 1 racing team OrangeArrows, with immediate effect.
This has been caused by the official press release of OrangeArrows, announcing that Heinz-Harald Frenzen has joined the team as the second driver and that Jos Verstappen will be let go, despite his signed (in June of 2001) contract for 2002.

Trust CEO, Mr. M.J.C.W. Perridon, signed a sponsoring contract with Jos Verstappen on the 14th of September, last year, and as a result the brand Trust automatically became sponsor of the OrangeArrows team. In light of the personal relationship between Mr. Perridon and Jos Verstappen, Trust has taken the news from OrangeArrows as a “slap in the face”. This has been strengthened by the fact that the Formula 1 team did in no way communicate their position with regard to Jos Verstappen.

Trust has offered support and means to Jos Verstappen, among others in a ‘Letter of Intent’. Trust still intends to support Verstappen, although logically there can be no talks of continuing the sponsorship as long as the Dutch driver is not offered a chance to race.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 11:32 (Ref:212955)   #90
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
The offer to Jos was made and turned down before Burti was offered a contract.
I don't think Ferrari needs a fifth driver.
what i meant, was jos getting a seat at sauber later on in the year.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 11:40 (Ref:212959)   #91
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Trust severs all ties with Arrows ... In light of the personal relationship between Mr. Perridon and Jos Verstappen, Trust has taken the news from OrangeArrows as a “slap in the face”. This has been strengthened by the fact that the Formula 1 team did in no way communicate their position with regard to Jos Verstappen.
I don't get it.
Why on earth would Arrows be obliged to tell this news (about Verstappen) to their sponsors, before even informing Jos himself?
Old 9 Feb 2002, 11:48 (Ref:212961)   #92
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Isn't there supposed to be a 12th team taking over the spot vacated by Prost?

well, if itv-f1.com are to be believed, no reason why not either, then craig pollock is looking to make a last minute take over bid!

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story.php3?mediaid=9062
Old 9 Feb 2002, 18:51 (Ref:212988)   #93
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
I don't get it.
Why on earth would Arrows be obliged to tell this news (about Verstappen) to their sponsors, before even informing Jos himself?
Trust's deal was directly with Verstappen, not with Arrows. Therefore, TWR owed them the courtesy of letting them know that Tom was booting Jos but that he'd be perfectly happy to take their money.