Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Aug 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3123182)   #76
rallyxxx
Rookie

rallyxxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed, drifting isn't my cup of tea but if it can bring other audiences to have a look at rallycross then lets go for it,

shame steve hill can't be seen is the evo, he was always and entrant in the super cars, however the line up is looking good, liam is always worth keeping an eye on for a crash and also jensen, so the two of them heading in to cessions is an accident waiting to happen.

as for the s1600 class i hope hal ridge can get his clio back out for this round although no info on his fb page suggests not. nick priddy will give andy knowles a good run for his money although at mallory knowles's pace was very high and i can't see nick being able to keep up.

super modified is looking a little slim since a few people have rejected the rest of the season, lets see if they will return after they see the sport doesn't revolve around them

lets hope the weather holds up and we can have a good event with some close racing !!!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3123195)   #77
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxxx View Post
as for the s1600 class i hope hal ridge can get his clio back out for this round although no info on his fb page suggests not.
I doubt very much the Clio will be out, Hal is building a Twingo I think and he's been looking looking at converting the Clio into a rally car.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3123245)   #78
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyxxx View Post
super modified is looking a little slim since a few people have rejected the rest of the season, lets see if they will return after they see the sport doesn't revolve around them
:
What have I missed? Can you explain please?
Old 23 Aug 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3123431)   #79
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107 View Post
What have I missed? Can you explain please?
Mallory Park was badly organised and wrecked a few cars which was enough for some drivers to call time on the season.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3123592)   #80
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasnt all Mallory parks fault for a change !! The drivers need to look at the way some of them drive i think ???????
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3123759)   #81
rs 200
Racer

rs 200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is this all about ,does this mean they can not go in until 2 or not start to race until 2pm.

British Rallycross Press Room
Lydden Hill Circuit will not open to competitors until after 2pm on Saturday. This is something that is outside of our control and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3123825)   #82
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It just means that competitors can't get access to the Lydden circuit til 2pm on the Saturday.
There's no racing or warm ups scheduled til 1230 on Sunday anyway!
Old 24 Aug 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3123932)   #83
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
You might not be there Bert But I will so Silver Bullet had better super glue that bonnet down.
I'll bring the choccie biscuits!!!!!!
Bert are you at Brands for the rally? If so good luck to you and Martin
Has anyone heard about Mad Mark?
I saw him at Jersy Farm in June just after he had a monster shunt in the Citroen at a demonstration event, but said he wanted to make Lydden.
sorry wont be there
as someone said we had an immense amount of bad luck
xsara is rebuilt ready to go just need TB to do some bits on engine and we should be back at an event soon just deciding which one
Old 24 Aug 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3124057)   #84
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
sorry wont be there
as someone said we had an immense amount of bad luck
xsara is rebuilt ready to go just need TB to do some bits on engine and we should be back at an event soon just deciding which one
Do you think you will make the GP Mark?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3125949)   #85
Jim H
Rookie

Jim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJim H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, what's the results from this weekend?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3125998)   #86
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supercar

1st Liam Doran
2nd Pat Doran
3rd Julian Godfrey

super1600

1st Priddy

Retro rallycross

1st Ray Morgan
2nd Rob Gibson

Supernationals

1st Simpson
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3126001)   #87
Pozi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H View Post
So, what's the results from this weekend?
1st Liam Doran
2nd Pat Doran
3rd Julian Godfrey

The supercars final was a bit of a three horse race with the others either retired or not in contention but the other classes put on a good show and the drift cars / FMX thing did not really detract from the Rallycross.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3126003)   #88
trotter1979
Rookie

trotter1979 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great days racing, Liam so unlucky perfect drive even on 3 tyres until the finish line which worked out well for Pat.
Good to see stuart107 get a 2nd place and nice to have a chat with silver bullet and give him a little hand to get out for b final.

All the other activities didnt really interfere with the rallycross if anything may help attract more support.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3126004)   #89
trotter1979
Rookie

sorry to say liam didnt win he missed the finish line by being off the track so win goes to pat
Old 27 Aug 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3126017)   #90
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good day's racing at Lydden today.

However from my view (right in front of the chicance) Liam made very little if any attempt to turn at the chicane to cross the finish line, Liam proved a point today that he can drive well when not under any real pressure, but I think threw the result in favour of his dad at the very end. He managed to get the car back to the paddock and do a few donuts at the top of Hairy Hill in doing so which adds to my cynicism.

Glad that the FMX didn't interfere with the rallycross, but drifting, what the heck is that all about. Oh sorry it's sick.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3126020)   #91
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter1979 View Post
sorry to say liam didnt win he missed the finish line by being off the track so win goes to pat
I m confused, as Liam was present his trophy last. I couldn't hear the prize giving from where I was standing, but assumed the trophy was for the win? but Pat is saying he won on Facebook.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3126021)   #92
Pozi
Racer

I stayed until the podium ceremony and Liam was given the trophy for 1st, much to Pat's mock annoyance and chanting that he was the real winner.

Edit - Now Liam's twitter says he missed out on the win so I am wondering if he is not taking any points for the UK championship, hence Pat took the points win.

Beats my, I only attended the event after all ????

Last edited by Pozi; 27 Aug 2012 at 21:13.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3126024)   #93
trotter1979
Rookie

liam says he didnt win on his facebook account
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3126028)   #94
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure what meeting the others were at but I thought it was one of the weakest days of British rallycross at Lydden in well at least 35 years! Also probably the least number of races ever on a bank holiday Monday.

Why the need for 2 days I dont know, even with the other stuff going on with such a weak entry in most of the classes all the racing could easily have been completed in 1 day. There seemed to be little structure to the running of the event and where were the marshals when Shelly Wakeling rolled?
Sorry to be so negative but Im really becoming concerned at the state of British rallycross and the people running it, who by the sounds of it cant even do a trophy presentation without cocking it up.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3126038)   #95
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weak in terms of entry agreed but the racing was on the whole a good spectacle. Good job Pauwels and Jansen turned up to bolster the supercars. Agreed it didn't merit 2days. The lack of marshalls was noticeable both with the Wakeling role and the Beetle fire on the joker lap, when the driver grabbed the extinguisher. Revivals rallycross was gentlemanly if not a procession.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3126068)   #96
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was there and I am also confused about who won the final. I noticed earlier that the flag waver seemed to be past the start line (not at the end of the "island") so I assumed thats where the finish was. The commentator pretty clearly said that Pat had won with Godfrey in second, so to see that Liam won now is most confusing.

Kudos to the organisers for adding the extras in without detracting from the rallycross. It felt like a rallycross meeting with some extras rather than rallycross being tacked on to something else.

Funnily enough I personally though the most "neglected" of all the sports on show today was the drifting, a point which I think is perfectly illustrated by Ebby's post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
drifting, what the heck is that all about. Oh sorry it's sick.
...in the same way the drifting fans were being shown rallycross, it was a good chance to show the rallycross fans drifting in its competition form. Instead the final "competition" just turned into a free-for-all. I guess it was due to the time restrictions, but it felt like a bit of a missed opportunity to me, especially given the quality of drift cars and drivers present.

Agree with the earlier comments: not the greatest entry list, but some good racing and a couple of good battles.

NB: Does anyone happen to have a spare programme? I forgot to get one!
Old 28 Aug 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3126334)   #97
Pozi
Racer

The official press release says Liam won;

http://www.britishrallycross.com/?p=3857
Old 28 Aug 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3126336)   #98
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve as was told to the drivers at their meeting if they didnt cross the finishing line on the tarmac then they would not be awarded the win ( as was evident with Ollie) This is because thats where the sensors are buried, so if you dont cross the line no time given, and as everyone who witnessed the race Liam was on the grass at that point!!. Thought it was a good weekend and even if drifting is not your bag man it brought other people in to spectate. I have a programme if you want it.....
Old 28 Aug 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3126337)   #99
Kevin McCann
Rookie

England
Cranleigh Surrey
Kevin McCann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that report WTF ?
Old 28 Aug 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3126364)   #100
MJ1
Rookie

MJ1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had the live timing up at home and according to that Liam never finished the last lap.