Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Dec 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1799558)   #76
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as good as it gets

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
channel ten will have the twilight game, because they have two games on sundays. so they will have a game ataround 1ish another straight after that, it would be fifficulkt to do a game at 2 and then the twilight game, as there just isnt the time
This is the best deal we could hope for - not perfect but ....
Old 27 Dec 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1799636)   #77
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
'Split coverage' as you call it was a feature of some of Channel 7's ATCC broadcasts from 1993-onwards, where Race 1 was shown live plus a few supports, then off to the AFL, then back for a delayed Race 2 coverage (plus usually the second Superbike race) before the news.

Most liked this scenario at the time, as it gave us some live racing.
I remember the days but time has moved on .. dare I say we are all busier these days. Putting aside 4 hours every three weeks to sit down and watch the "live (to air) coverage" is achievable - juggling the split coverage is not. Simply can't afford to spend the whole day watching the clock to see what 45 minutes I need to be in front of the tele.

No real drama as I will simply record it and watch at the "normal" time - it's the advertisers that will miss out. I will miss the live timing details on BigPond.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 03:55 (Ref:1799701)   #78
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
some people complain about not getting to see races live and having to watch them delayed, when we get them live people complain about not being able to watch them in a neat little 2 hour package.

no one can win, too many whiners out there i think, you could always goto the races
Old 28 Dec 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1800241)   #79
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
some people complain about not getting to see races live and having to watch them delayed, when we get them live people complain about not being able to watch them in a neat little 2 hour package.

no one can win, too many whiners out there i think, you could always goto the races
There is a difference between complaining and offering constructive comment. I'll try to remember not to disagree with you in future

Outside of our friend from Perth I get the feeling that most accept that the holy grail of "ever race live" is an unreasonable expectation on FTA while we have the multi race format. I don't mind watching the first race tape delayed as it is pretty unlikely the mainstream media will report the results.

The point I am failing to make is that I don't see how V8's increase their audience as a result of this situation. I know TC has the money in his back pocket and many people see this as some kind of coming of age for V8Supercar but at the end of the day the teams, sponsors, manufacturers and drivers have to face the reality that the days of being the number 1 sporting focus of a network have passed.

Channel 7 will do a decent job and I hope the teams get the exposure their sponsors crave but at the current level I don't see how VESA being richer helps the teams or the sport.

Been to plenty of races mate, no need to worry there. Is a bit hard if they are overseas or you happen to live in the wrong state Looking forward to the GP...
Old 29 Dec 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1801191)   #80
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone is complaining about Ch 7 getting the coverage which means that races maybe seen earlier and live or seperated with the first race on Sunday earlier in the day and the last race after the footy but if CH10 had of kept the motor racing we would not be in any better situation, in fact it would be a lot worse as CH10, as it stands at the moment, will be showing 2 footy games every Sunday so when would they be showing the motor racing?

Why don't we just wait until the first race that is affected by this and see what happens
Old 30 Dec 2006, 05:03 (Ref:1801619)   #81
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man
Everyone is complaining about Ch 7 getting the coverage which means that races maybe seen earlier and live or seperated with the first race on Sunday earlier in the day and the last race after the footy but if CH10 had of kept the motor racing we would not be in any better situation, in fact it would be a lot worse as CH10, as it stands at the moment, will be showing 2 footy games every Sunday so when would they be showing the motor racing?
If ten still had the 5 litre cars, wouldnt it be logical that 7 would be the ones showing the 2 Sunday games, considering they wouldnt have to show the 5 litres ?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 05:17 (Ref:1802627)   #82
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the answer is no DRT

Ch 7 have the friday night game. levaing 7 more matches or in the example you mentioned 4 more for ch 7 and 3 for ch ten, resulting in a 5 to 3 split, channle ten would have to pick up one more game than planned, while channel 7 would pick up 3 more games than planned, hardly seems fair on making ch 7 carry the burden of the change.

The split was going to be two each with 4 on foxtel/austar
Old 18 Jan 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1818156)   #83
cavvy
Veteran

the good oil

More to come according to 10 footy (aka AFL) commentator & occasional Foxtel man Anthony Hudson.
... have 7 & 10 come to an agreement with Foxtel? Good for the V8 faithful (aka knuckledraggers)
This time tomorrow we will be wiser !!!
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1818386)   #84
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SEN have said numerous times that a deal will be announced tomorrow. I for one am not expecting anything.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1818414)   #85
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope the deal is done although this has been said a couple of times and no announcment has come.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1818839)   #86
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talk is 4 games shown on Foxtel per week - not sure that all these will necessarily be exclusive to Foxtel myself
Old 5 Feb 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1834141)   #87
cavvy
Veteran

Foxtel kick a goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Again 7 & 10 rejected Foxtel 's bid - this time the sticking point was a Foxtel demand for exclusive rights to certain games in WA & SA, where Foxtel subscriptions are struggling.
Kerry Stokes looking after his home town?
Foxtel have managed to overcome the objections from both WA & SA television & will get some games exclusively - one less sticking point.

All over by the end of the week ????
Win for V8SC fans ....
Old 6 Feb 2007, 01:57 (Ref:1834390)   #88
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The AFL/Foxtel deal means that 7's only weekend telecast will be the 2pm Sunday game(as well as Friday night).Therefore the Saturday V8 telecasts will be unaffected as will the other motor racing shows 7 are programming on non race weekends.The rounds at Winton,Queensland and Oran Park will be programmed so that Race 3 ends before 2pm.This is exactly as V8 Supercars envisaged the telecasts when they signed the 7 deal.Oh ye of little faith!