Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Sep 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2282584)   #76
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, I agree there needs to be a single path to the top with all the best drivers. Judging drivers' relative merits nowadays is so hard with GP2 vs WSbR and F3 vs IFM/GP3.

I just think losing the added interest of the different chassis and engines (well, sometimes) in F3 - should it go into decline when facing GP3 - would be a bit of a tragedy.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2282585)   #77
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it will be cheaper than F3, if it gets perceived as important championship, all the fast and rich drivers will come and do both GP3 and FM Italy. This will cost even more than F3 and you will only have more races, but no development testing and less technical environment. This way there may pop out more local championships and that's how Tatuus plan on taking big time on Dallara. I think they can win this way, but I don't think the drivers will benefit from this. Currently FM Italy isn't so popular partly because the dates are too close and partly because many of the drivers just don't have much cash. With GP3 status, the dates won't be that close and the drivers won't be that poor, so the winner of next year's GP3 championship may have to spend as much as Hulkenberg or Mortara spend this year.
Old 5 Sep 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2282626)   #78
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
True, I agree there needs to be a single path to the top with all the best drivers. Judging drivers' relative merits nowadays is so hard with GP2 vs WSbR and F3 vs IFM/GP3.
Actually I think what we have right now works quite well. There are two good F3 Series. If you're talented and/or rich enough you then go straight to GP2, if not then to WSR. You can progress from there to GP2, like Alvaro Parente, for example. At the moment I don't even consider IFM whilst GP3 is for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I just think losing the added interest of the different chassis and engines (well, sometimes) in F3 - should it go into decline when facing GP3 - would be a bit of a tragedy.
Absolutely right. The spread of engines is going to increase in F3 next year. Chassis, well, maybe not and that's a shame.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2282707)   #79
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport is a pyramid with F1 as its pinnacle.

It is getting far too wide below it though. At the end of the day, 26 GP2 drivers, 26 FMaster drivers, 26 WSR drivers, plus F3 etc, can't all have 20 F1 places at one time...
Old 6 Sep 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2282908)   #80
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but if you get full grids for all those series, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to run.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 21:25 (Ref:2283072)   #81
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Yeah but if you get full grids for all those series, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to run.
There is no reason why they can't run but realistically not all of them are going to make it to F1.
The other factor is that F1, and it's underlings and associated PR sucks 75%+ of all sponsorship money in international racing world wide.....

Investing in aspects of the sport other then F1 and its associates would make the whole sport healthier.
Old 8 Sep 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2284729)   #82
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has this actually officially been announced as happening, or has the thread just gotten way ahead of itself?
Old 8 Sep 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2284768)   #83
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Has this actually officially been announced as happening, or has the thread just gotten way ahead of itself?
Autosport said the deal was done
Old 8 Sep 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2284816)   #84
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was announced/presented to GP2 teams at Spa
Old 8 Sep 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2284849)   #85
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
Thus on how many F1 weekends, FBMW will be support category?
Old 8 Sep 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2285102)   #86
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi
Thus on how many F1 weekends
Autosport said seven, with an eighth final round supporting the non F1 supporting GP2 final, probably at the new Algarve circuit.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2285166)   #87
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's an interesting if wordy article about GP3 here.

The most interesting comment to me is that the target budget is £325,000, well below F3 in BF3 and F3ES terms. I don't see BCE allowing any more F3 support races at F1 GPs if he is busy pushing GP3.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2285333)   #88
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper
Autosport said seven, with an eighth final round supporting the non F1 supporting GP2 final, probably at the new Algarve circuit.
I think what 'ivanalesi' asked was how many F1 rounds FBMW would continue to support in addition to GP2 & GP3? I note that GP3 will not support Monaco,no doubt because it already has World Series Renault?
Old 9 Sep 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2285490)   #89
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
No, I asked about what he answered. But what you are asking about will be interesting too There are 9 European rounds in F1 excl. Monaco, if FBMW will support in 7, I guess Valencia will get Spanish F3 and I wouldn't do Hungary :P Still impressive job to fit all categories in the weekend, I thought FBMW would have to go.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2288061)   #90
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
It was announced/presented to GP2 teams at Spa
No it wasn't.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2288116)   #91
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it was to the team owner I spoke to and he told me he knew at least other four teams that had received info. Apparently many of the teams are not that keen.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2288139)   #92
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then he told you a little bit of a fib. Nothing was told to any of the team bosses because there is nothing to tell at the moment.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 23:37 (Ref:2288527)   #93
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
There's an e-mail in circulation. Someone was supposed to be forwarding a copy to me but disappeared off to Monza before he could. All I'll say that the figures he was quoting were way, way higher than those suggested in the pitstop article.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2288712)   #94
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
That's normal, people with various interests will try to spread their own views. After Euro F.BMW teams were announced there were people spreading around horror budget estimates. Thankfully despite that the grid ended up full. It is the same thing with GP3, nobody says it will be cheap but it will be cheaper than BF3 and ESF3.

oh and Jackman, I stand by my source.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2289576)   #95
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Who's tuning the Formula Master Honda engines? Is it Mugen?
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2289617)   #96
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the first year was Mader (Mecachrome) , then this season LRM Petriglieri took over the deal. AFAIK Mugen is not involved in the serie.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2289636)   #97
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Thx

For the last 2 races of the WTCC season Mugen will take over the engine development for the JAS/N.Technology Honda Accord. Formula Master and the Honda Accord both use the K20 engine so I was wondering if Mugen was already doing engine development for the N.Technology single seater.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2289661)   #98
META4
Veteran

Last 2 races? Okayama and Macau

Does Mugen has any branch in Europe?

AKAIK The formula3 engine was developed by NBE
Old 14 Sep 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2289677)   #99
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Mugen Euro Co Ltd in UK
Old 14 Sep 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2289720)   #100
META4
Veteran

but are they involved in any Motorsport project?

Tags
formula master, gp3