Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Aug 2011, 00:35 (Ref:2934780)   #76
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Mr Sera is looking like a bit of a tool in this show...is that the Kellys plan to hide the fact that he would be their number one pick? My money is on the Pom or Amber.
This show is an absolute joke & sheds a dim light on Australian driving talent because its a hand picked field that is only a vehicle for Denyer to stroke his very large ego and get a drive at Bathurst that wont cost him anything with a co driver that wont make him look slow.

Sera a bit of a tool you say, I would say he is the COMPLETE CERTIFIED TOOL, he cant win it if it is a legitimate competition, great in karts, second to none, but other than that has never raced anything other than a Aussie car and wasn't very quick in that either.

Ben Small may be the dark horse, he can drive anything and has talent to burn.

Hurts to say it, but the POM is my selection mainly due to his experience, the 3 chicks,Hayley,Samantha & Amber are there for equality & looks value only cos none of them has got a snowballs chance in hell of getting to the mountain in a real racecar.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2934782)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So download limits aside lol, I want my forty minutes back!

As far as Sera coming off as a tool if thats naturally him then so be it but if he's been coached to act like that then that pretty much sums up the whole show.

Im not sure how much of the contestant's personalities are actually theirs or an act for the cameras but it sheds some people in a pretty bad light, Sera being one of them. Hayley Swanson comes across as a complete bimbo, god help the rest of the field if she ends up in a V8 Supercar. Of the three ladies Samantha Reid seems the most promising, she might misjudge braking distances but she looks like she has her head screwed on unlike the other two. What is Amber doing there anyway? She's already lead the V8SC field more then what some drivers do in the whole career.

I really hope Jordan wins, he seems like the most professional of the lot.

He probably won't though, in tv land the winner is mostly already chosen before the race is run.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2934870)   #78
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't it all done and dusted already?

What we're watching is obviously recorded some time ago....

I'm sure there are secrecy clauses in place
Old 2 Aug 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2934950)   #79
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was talking about it while watching, and at least Reid pushed a limit with the challenge rather than wimp out and brake too early. Jordan should get a ride with one of the other teams in the future, seems really marketable and this is what we need in the series. Small also looks confident, just needs to stop doing his hair. I hope our young kiwi friend is seen again in a year or two, seems like an honest young guy with his head screwed on, just needs a chance.
Old 3 Aug 2011, 04:01 (Ref:2935233)   #80
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Its gunna be green.... at Bathurst anyway, Article Here suggests the chassis will show up at QR with a 'Crimsafe' livery
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Aug 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2936806)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So there was a load of hype about one of the pilots crashing his/her kart into a pile of tyres.. and they did... in a fairly innocuous looking hit... yet the pilot knew they were badly hurt when stepping out of the kart.. ribs damaged, likely broken.

The Kellys gave the pilot 24 hrs medical leave to come good, before the next challenge... but given the pain the pilot seemed to be in.. was never going to happen..

So instead of Ms Anderson going home for being the worst of the challengers... Mr Davies couldnt correct his ailment in time, and was unable to continue.

Ho hum.

Interesting that the Kellys gave Ms Swanson some personal attention during the show.. that she shouldnt be concerned with the other pilots, that she was going well enough to be there. Ms Swanson still finished slowest of the finishers in the kart run at Todd Rd however... but looked kinda speedy in the gymkhana/memory game.

When do we get to see the drivers hot lapping a real race track?? I mean those poor Renaults are being caned around the flat patch.. why not a circuit?

8 green bottles.. sitting on the wall..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Aug 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2936997)   #82
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we know that Mr Jordan makes it to the final. Does he go all the way?
Old 8 Aug 2011, 00:09 (Ref:2937007)   #83
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are one of these "drivers" going to be an accident just waiting to happen at Bathurst - and possibly ruining someone else's race ???
Old 8 Aug 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2937013)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Are one of these "drivers" going to be an accident just waiting to happen at Bathurst - and possibly ruining someone else's race ???
Can you imagine someone like Mr Ingall coming up to lap them, visibly quicker in the straights and out of the turns, lights on... I would imagine, from what has been shown so far, that a change in race suit colour may be needed...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Aug 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2937069)   #85
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
Well we know that Mr Jordan makes it to the final. Does he go all the way?
Yeah should be interesting, i'll take a punt and say he does?? guess we'll see.. he's had a test in the Kelly car so there is a good chance he does go all the way.. Hope so
Old 8 Aug 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2937102)   #86
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can you imagine someone like Mr Ingall coming up to lap them, visibly quicker in the straights and out of the turns, lights on
Is there any danger of Ingall lapping anyone at the moment?
Old 8 Aug 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2937109)   #87
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Is there any danger of Ingall lapping anyone at the moment?
20th in the championship and behind his team mate. just 19 points ahead of rookie Moff Jnr

the numbers are backing your statement
Old 8 Aug 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2937140)   #88
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Can you imagine someone like Mr Ingall coming up to lap them, visibly quicker in the straights and out of the turns, lights on... I would imagine, from what has been shown so far, that a change in race suit colour may be needed...
They can join Ingalls old mate on Planet Mork!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Aug 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2937255)   #89
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew Jordan was asked if he got the drive while on the grid before the first race at Snetterton, he smiled, laughed a little, and said he can't say.

To me it just seems dead silly putting a British Touring Car Championship race winner in with a bunch of idiots. I've seen the episodes, and the driving ''challenges'' are just ridiculous.

If Andy doesn't get it, then I'll be very surprised, he has made 89 starts in the BTCC and won three races, as well as having raced for Triple Eight in a works Vauxhall Vectra in 2009.
Old 8 Aug 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2937433)   #90
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Andrew Jordan was asked if he got the drive while on the grid before the first race at Snetterton, he smiled, laughed a little, and said he can't say.

To me it just seems dead silly putting a British Touring Car Championship race winner in with a bunch of idiots. I've seen the episodes, and the driving ''challenges'' are just ridiculous.

If Andy doesn't get it, then I'll be very surprised, he has made 89 starts in the BTCC and won three races, as well as having raced for Triple Eight in a works Vauxhall Vectra in 2009.
The contestants may be "a bunch of idiots" to you, but lets be honest, the BTCC aint what it used to be. Sure, winning a race in any category gives you some right to brag, but winning 3% of your races in a category which would now be lucky to challenge the aussie v8 utes for race quality and team professionalism hardly elevates Andrew Jordan to superstar status!

I do agree the challenges thus far haven't appeared overly challenging but at the moment even when I look at achievements pre "showdown" I won't be surprised if Jordan doesn't get it, although I think he's an equal chance.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2937467)   #91
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
The contestants may be "a bunch of idiots" to you, but lets be honest, the BTCC aint what it used to be. Sure, winning a race in any category gives you some right to brag, but winning 3% of your races in a category which would now be lucky to challenge the aussie v8 utes for race quality and team professionalism hardly elevates Andrew Jordan to superstar status!

I do agree the challenges thus far haven't appeared overly challenging but at the moment even when I look at achievements pre "showdown" I won't be surprised if Jordan doesn't get it, although I think he's an equal chance.
You all might be very surprised, although not as surprised as some, when the winner is confirmed, all i will say is that it isn't AJ & isnt female.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2937468)   #92
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
My point in post #44.

Its the biggest race of the year, the one everyone waits for.
Does it really make any sense to attach a reality contest to it?
Old 9 Aug 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2937562)   #93
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why the need for an off-topic category bash?? Have you even watched a BTCC round lately?

As for the topic, has anyone seen any ratings figures yet??
Old 9 Aug 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2937625)   #94
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
a category which would now be lucky to challenge the aussie v8 utes for race quality and team professionalism hardly elevates Andrew Jordan to superstar status!
Obviously shows your complete lack of understanding of both series.

Thanks for the great chat
Old 9 Aug 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2937660)   #95
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Its the biggest race of the year, the one everyone waits for. Does it really make any sense to attach a reality contest to it?
Madness! I reckon the show would rate much better if the prize was a race in the Fujitsu series at Winton.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2937936)   #96
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What level of licence does the winner need, and how many signatures on it to get a start.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2937989)   #97
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
What level of licence does the winner need, and how many signatures on it to get a start.
An international licence - which means that they need to have got 6 (I think) signatures on their national licence.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2938058)   #98
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
An international licence - which means that they need to have got 6 (I think) signatures on their national licence.
So extrapolating backwards, which drivers in the show don't have national licences?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2938325)   #99
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
So extrapolating backwards, which drivers in the show don't have national licences?
They would all have national licenses some still on P's maybe, except for the karters who haven't done any FF or something under the CAMS banner.

So its hard to imagine how they will get their International tickets for Bathurst, there isn't enough meetings to do it especially if they haven't even got a national license yet?

Work it out from there, it wont be a karter or AJ or a female in the mix.
Old 11 Aug 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2938400)   #100
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
So its hard to imagine how they will get their International tickets for Bathurst, there isn't enough meetings to do it especially if they haven't even got a national license yet?
Actually there are plenty of meetings left to obtain enough signatures. All they have to do is lease a car and do state meetings, stay out of trouble without making any real effort to be in the mix and they get the signature, easy. I know, that's not the way it should be done but many have and many will do it that way.