Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:21 (Ref:4178875)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Best lap for the Galaxie is circa 3'21". Interesting to see the MG B's race, very consistent (one is in 3'09").
I noticed that. Very quick for a B. 3.12s is usually considered good.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:25 (Ref:4178876)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Very good fuel management for the leading GT 40, it did two hours and a half before pitting. Smaller main jets may be?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4178877)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I noticed that. Very quick for a B. 3.12s is usually considered good.
Yes, I remember Iain doing between 3'12" and 3'14". Noticeable too, the first "B" is not the fastest. Many penalties for track limits, marshalls are watching!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4178879)   #79
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Very good fuel management for the leading GT 40, it did two hours and a half before pitting. Smaller main jets may be?
Optimised fuel tanks?

Didn't seem to lack speed.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4178880)   #80
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Galaxie seems to have been in the pits for rather a long time.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4178882)   #81
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The Galaxie seems to have been in the pits for rather a long time.
Sadly yes. Just over an hour stopped now
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4178886)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Optimised fuel tanks?
Three hours to go, GTS 11 class: MG B, 911, 911, MG B followed by the Morgan (was class leader). The remaining Triumph is 9th (rather fast doing steady 3'12)
Old 30 Sep 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4178887)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Don't think Iain drove so far.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4178889)   #84
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok . We had alternator failure but this was because header tank split . Thought we were out . I’ve took it off and soldered up . Fingers crossed . We are running again
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4178890)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I find amazing and refreshing to see in Belgium year 2023 three Japanese drivers sharing an Austin Healey (Totsuka/Sekiguchi/Uchino #40).
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4178891)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ok . We had alternator failure but this was because header tank split . Thought we were out . I’ve took it off and soldered up . Fingers crossed . We are running again
GO!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4178892)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Good stuff.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4178895)   #88
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Ah, hat explains the sudden "Outlap" on the live timing.

Hopefully not the instant "Yellow Flag" at the end of the previous Safety Car session nor the current Safety Car session.

Team managers must be having a 'mare of a time trying to work out whether the queue for the pumps or not pitting under safety car works best.

The Leader board looks very odd, based on the history of what it has reported over the past couple of hours.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4178896)   #89
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.b, did you see the influence of Safety Car (also called SC by Race Direction also called RC). Thirty minutes ago the leading GT40 lost almost two minutes and with the new one, the gap went up to a full lap. Noticeable too, the third driver is Mister Priaulx himself!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4178897)   #90
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Galaxie is now showing as running again. Hopefully whatever the issue is is sorted and its back to full strength.

Edit: Oops, just noticed Iain updated us while I was buried in the live timing before i posted this

Lot of yellow flag periods. Yellow again
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4178898)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Team managers must be having a 'mare of a time trying to work out whether the queue for the pumps or not pitting under safety car works best.
May be some should have a talk with the drivers, seeing how many crossed the red light at the end of the pitlane.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:33 (Ref:4178900)   #92
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Must be dark now..... drivers must be losing their way in the dark as the track limits penalties are getting frequent now looking at the Race Control reports.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4178901)   #93
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Two hours to go, GTS 11 Class: can the MG B #62 win ? I think yes, because the second in class is the 911 # 165 one lap behind. I remember doing 12 or 24 hours races driving a 911, it was easy to outperform any "B" during the first hours. After, this always became a different story.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4178902)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Must be dark now..... drivers must be losing their way in the dark as the track limits penalties are getting frequent now looking at the Race Control reports.
Yep, sure. One fault, warning, second fault 5" penalty, third fault 10" penalty, and Drive Through after. They are serious. Good to see.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4178903)   #95
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So letting Merv the Swirve out next . Hopefully I can do a bit later . She is still running . Just had Eddie Vee turn up in the Box . Wonderful to catch up with a tenther of old
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4178904)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ooops, the "B" briefly lost the lead and… the Porsche is out now.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:52 (Ref:4178905)   #97
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
So letting Merv the Swirve out next . Hopefully I can do a bit later . She is still running . Just had Eddie Vee turn up in the Box . Wonderful to catch up with a tenther of old
Keep going, there's loads of cars stopped ahead of you. Say hi to Eddie.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4178906)   #98
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, what is exactly the CT 10 Class? Voitures de Tourisme (de Série) which lately became Grp1? Or Grp2?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4178907)   #99
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Less than two hours to go, CT10 class: Mustang #101, Falcon #79, Mustang #76 and Falcon #100 (with Vanina Ickx).
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4178908)   #100
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho, no! The leading MG B stopped on the track now. Too bad.