Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1582588)   #76
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You were once wrong V when you bet on Monty to be the next WDC....
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:16 (Ref:1582597)   #77
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I never bet, so i doubt i said that, but what the heck

I have to say (as i said previously), i never thought Michael would leave Ferrari for another team, but, since the Renault rumour started, i just get that sneaking suspicion that he just may go back.

If Ferrari turn it round, then sure he may stay, but then we come back to the Kimi factor !(the the actual point of thread iirc), if Kimi does go to Ferrari, then he may go too.

I read an article in a magazine, or on a website (and no, i don't have a link, so you'll just have to take my word for it), and it is pure conjecture on the writer/author's part, but maybe, If Ferrari are looking to the future, they may have signed Kimi to push Michael into retirement/leaving the team.

Now, before everyone jumps on me, it's just what i read, and i'm not saying it's what Ferrari's intention was, but it has to be said, that it does make a certain amount of sense.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1582603)   #78
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
If it's true that Ferrari wanted to push him for retirement/leave the outfit....i would be the first to be upset with Ferrari
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1582605)   #79
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they would have to push him if he outstayed his welcome....but that is some time away.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:29 (Ref:1582607)   #80
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubt Ferrari is pushing him, actually I've heard that they already had an agreement to when he's going to a retirement, and coming back a year or two later, as part of the technical staff. I would say that's a very biased commentary and I never take it seriously.
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1582609)   #81
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If Ferrari have had the opportunity to sign Kimi, and wanted to, and he wanted to, then there will have been a deal struck. If this is the kind of scenario, but currently playing out, then it will happen.

It is then up to Michael whether or not he stays.

Perhaps this is the reason for Massa's 1-year contract?
Old 14 Apr 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1582612)   #82
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukebox
If it's true that Ferrari wanted to push him for retirement/leave the outfit....i would be the first to be upset with Ferrari
Without a doubt, being the true Ferrari fan you are, i wouldn't blame you..... to a certain extent.

But look at the over-all picture. You have Ferrari, an ultra successfull team with Michael Schumacher as their current driver, the most successfull driver of all time. But Michael is also coming towards the end of his career, it happens to everyone of course, the other thing is, Michael doesn't seem to know what if he wants to carry on, or when he will retire.

Ferrari can't sack/drop the guy, he's done too much for them, and been a major part of their most successfull period in F1, so what do they do? As i said, they can't sack him, but they can put him in the position where he has to choose what he wants to do.

If Ferrari have signed Kimi, it put's the ball in Michael's court, if Michael wants to be team mates with Kimi, Ferrari would drop Massa without a seconds thought, but would Michael want to partner Kimi? What happens if Kimi beats him in terms of points? maybe to the title? Does that undo everything Michael has achieved? Bear in mind, Michael has never had a team-mate of Kimi's calibre.

Either way, Ferrari win, they either get Kimi and Michael as team-mates, or Michael leaves, Ferrari haven't dropped/sacked him and they (Ferrari) still get their man (Kimi).

As i said before, pure conjecture, but it does make a certain amount of sense.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1582633)   #83
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
I'd say bring on Kimi and we'll see..... oh how i wish it was Alonso that Ferrari signed for next season
Old 17 Apr 2006, 07:42 (Ref:1585567)   #84
Mr V
Veteran

England
The News of the World are reporting that Michael has signed a 2 year deal to stay with Ferrari. But as it is the NOTW saying this i will wait untill Michael has confirmed it properly.

Read the article at crash net.
Old 2 May 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1599242)   #85
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ferrrari give kimi 5million

Ferrari have giving kimi 5 million in advance to make sure that they are first in the queue for him signing a contract with them

For more info buy F1 racing magazine (uk)
Old 2 May 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1599272)   #86
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that "have given" or "are giving"?
Old 2 May 2006, 10:57 (Ref:1599275)   #87
Scott Moyse
Racer

England
Whangarei, New Zealand
Scott Moyse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its more like a joke.
was it the april issue by any chance?

Last edited by Scott Moyse; 2 May 2006 at 11:00.
Old 2 May 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1599306)   #88
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Merged with the other thread on the same topic.
Old 3 May 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1600331)   #89
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
although i cant find a link other than a brief mention of it in an article about DC and tobacco on F1-live.com , here, it suggest that marlboro are willing to foot the bill for a MS and KR dream team.
whether thats in addition to what they already give to Ferrari, who knows.

"Ferrari, meanwhile, appear only to be strengthening the cigarette link, with reports that Marlboro may be prepared to foot a $70 million bill for 'dream team' pairing Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen next year."

just more fuel for the fire i guess