Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: What is one extra nation you'd like to see on the '14 schedule?
Spain (Catalunya, Jerez, Aragon...) 3 3.23%
Italy (Monza, Mugello, Imola...) 38 40.86%
Malaysia (Sepang) 4 4.30%
South Korea (Yeongam) 1 1.08%
Australia (Phillip Island, Bathurst, Eastern Creek...) 10 10.75%
Germany (Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Oschersleben...) 17 18.28%
Canada (Montreal, Mosport, Mont Tremblant...) 10 10.75%
Portugal (Estoril, Portimao...) 3 3.23%
UAE (Dubai, Yas Marina...) 2 2.15%
Other (please specify...) 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3298581)   #76
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would really like to have a 12 hour race at the "Arctic Circle Raceway" in Mo i Rana, Norway. Imagine a race from 8.00 pm to 8.00 am with midnight sun!!!

Old 4 Sep 2013, 05:38 (Ref:3298666)   #77
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That track is missing a decent straight.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3298672)   #78
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks a little short and not much variety in types of corners, but decent looking place.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3298693)   #79
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will be announced the 2014 schedule?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3298700)   #80
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
When will be announced the 2014 schedule?
Been seeing tweets about the schedule being announced before Austin, most likely a World Motorsport Council meeting to approve ratify the F1 and WEC 2014 calendars in a couple of weeks' time.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3298836)   #81
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
Found this article:
http://sportscar365.net/wec/wec-fina...2014-schedule/

No additional rounds.
There were negotiations with India, Russia and Germany.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:27 (Ref:3298840)   #82
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd be inclined to just keep it the same as this year. Another overseas round and it will start creaking even more.

Better to stay stable and try to improve the events you've got.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3298860)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When (if) the series becomes more popular and financially stable I wouldn't mind seeing one race a year at a different venue, with that venue switching continents each year. Basically have the same base schedule each year, but add a race at a track not normally visited. This way you can expand your market a bit and get more interest in the product.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3298863)   #84
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd be inclined to just keep it the same as this year. Another overseas round and it will start creaking even more.

Better to stay stable and try to improve the events you've got.
Either keep it the same or (if the German round plans come together) add another race in Europe in the post-Le Mans period.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3298867)   #85
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
When (if) the series becomes more popular and financially stable I wouldn't mind seeing one race a year at a different venue, with that venue switching continents each year. Basically have the same base schedule each year, but add a race at a track not normally visited. This way you can expand your market a bit and get more interest in the product.
Good idea I think.

If they are going to expand I think they should add a round in Germany in the post-Le Mans gap in 2015. That's all they need to do.

At the bottom of this article Tracy Krohn basically says the biggest reason for staying with the WEC is the consistency - http://sportscar365.net/uscr/krohn-c...-move-to-lmp2/

EDIT: Basically what Victor said.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3298873)   #86
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Reading the article, I see that most of current tracks have a 3 years contract (I guess first year was 2012). Finally in 2015 bahrein and shangai could be kicked out.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3298880)   #87
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can see Bahrain going but there will always be someone beating the drum loudly enough for a race in China to be an inevitability.

The FIA will want a Middle Eastern round to keep certain people happy and to justify F1 going there too. If Bahrain goes, I'd expect another circuit in the area to replace it.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3298883)   #88
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
As middle east race I would like to see the 12H of abu dhabi being a WEC event, maybe the last one with extra points (not double) because of the lenght of the race. First of all WEC need another european round. As it is now, we have a great and amazing first part (silverstone-spa-le mans) and a not so great last part with a lot of withdrawing teams.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3298906)   #89
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looks a little short and not much variety in types of corners, but decent looking place.
What doesn't really show in that picture is the great changes in elevation, that's what makes that circuit IMO.

Regarding the middle east, if Bahrain is out I would much rather see Dubai or Losail than Abu Dhabi. But of course in my opinion they should just go to circuits that fit sportscars and where there's an actuall interest but that won't happen..
Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3299006)   #90
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
Well nothing in Italy even for next year I suppose.. :-( sorry I'm italian and a little bit sad, you can imagine..
At least Blancpain and maybe ELMS..
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3299094)   #91
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
If Silverstone is destined for the dumps in the near future Italy is, by the results of our poll, the best option. Monza, Imola, or Mugello...
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3299108)   #92
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion Shanghai and Bahrain need a plus to have more personality. For example, 12 hours or a night race.

FIA always mess everything trying to standardize the races, like in WRC where 1000 Likes is now Finland. I´d like to see a 1000 Milhas Brazil, an Austin 500, more variety to make the races special.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3299111)   #93
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
In my opinion Shanghai and Bahrain need a plus to have more personality. For example, 12 hours or a night race.

FIA always mess everything trying to standardize the races, like in WRC where 1000 Likes is now Finland. I´d like to see a 1000 Milhas Brazil, an Austin 500, more variety to make the races special.
The FIA doesn't like variety. They want order and regiment.

'Tis a shame. You got to have some structure and backbone of an organization, but the FIA has recently taken it way to the extreme.

Maybe 6 Hours of Silverstone, 1000 km of Spa, 24 Hours of Le Mans, 1000 Milhas Brazil, 12 Hours of Austin, 1000 km of Fuji, 10 Hours of Shanghai, and 12 Hours of Bahrain.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3299121)   #94
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
Reading the article, I see that most of current tracks have a 3 years contract (I guess first year was 2012). Finally in 2015 bahrein and shangai could be kicked out.
Bahrain actually pays the WEC, China is of vital importance for the manufacturers. Both tracks will be going nowhere.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3299122)   #95
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
Found this article:
http://sportscar365.net/wec/wec-fina...2014-schedule/

No additional rounds.
There were negotiations with India, Russia and Germany.
Doesn't say no additional rounds. Its saying the rounds we have now will remain with India and Russia possibly signing on. There won't be a drastic change and the current tracks staying are the only things that are confirmed. So anything could happen, one more round would be welcome imo.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3299295)   #96
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What are the chances of seeing the Manthey Porsches in GT AM next year albeit run by another team? IMSA perhaps?

There's only those two 991 chassis as far as I know eligible for GT AM next year.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3299297)   #97
TF110
Veteran

United States
I hope someone runs some Vipers!
Old 5 Sep 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3299301)   #98
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this hasn't been posted here yet:

The Racing Engineering team, which is currently competing in GP2, is planning to run in the LMP2 category in 2014. They're considering buying either a Lotus or a Dome chassis and Nissan engines.

Source: http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-13082704.html
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3299314)   #99
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
I think this hasn't been posted here yet:

The Racing Engineering team, which is currently competing in GP2, is planning to run in the LMP2 category in 2014. They're considering buying either a Lotus or a Dome chassis and Nissan engines.

Source: http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-13082704.html
Great stuff (and welcome to the forum).

Saw some chat about this but couldn't find a link. Very happy to see single seater teams of this calibre continue to look at LMP2.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3299406)   #100
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
alfonso (formerly of this parish, no less) is also a proper racer, and a very astute team boss who finds the best people to work with. you can be sure that if he's looking to be involved with something he's going to have a very serious go at it and not just faff about.

going back to the fia standardisation of race titles and stuff, the "six hours of..." and "three hours of.." titles bug me no end. it sounds nice in french, ie like the "24 heures du mans" but in english it sounds pants. very clumsy and difficult to align with a series for the noobs.