Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 18 Aug 2007, 17:51 (Ref:1991464)   #76
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
RHR is a great kid and a promoter's dream as far as being a spokesman. He is also a good shoe.

Just as his looks have no bearing on his driving ability neither does any other driver's. So, why not discuss the ability here and the looks in Parc Ferme?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Aug 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1991471)   #77
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
RHR is a great kid and a promoter's dream as far as being a spokesman. He is also a good shoe.

Just as his looks have no bearing on his driving ability neither does any other driver's. So, why not discuss the ability here and the looks in Parc Ferme?
Pot kettle black.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 00:44 (Ref:1991630)   #78
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reductio ad absurdum.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Aug 2007, 04:32 (Ref:1991691)   #79
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that Paul, I learnt something new for the day.

What was the thread about again?
Old 20 Aug 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1992918)   #80
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
danica will never win a race, she isnt good enough to be in irl, waste of a seat. Only reason she has the seat is because she is a marketing tool.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1993130)   #81
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
She isn't that bad!

There is Danica and then there is Milka Duno. Totally different entities.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1993349)   #82
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
get her off the track before she kills someone.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 11:18 (Ref:1993512)   #83
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i'd have loved to see someone like Patrick Carpentier being given the chance Danica has in an AGR car

he did a storming job in a crap car at Cheever and it's just a shame drivers like him get overlooked whilst Danica gets the best drive on the grid

I put her in the same bracket talentwise as someone like Eddie Carpenter, AJ IV or Jeff Simmons

i think in the same equipment, they would do about the same job as her

did you know that if she doesn't win this season she will be the only AGR driver ever to have not won in their first FULL season
Old 21 Aug 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1993865)   #84
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wow Stradders, i did not realize that....quite a Record to own – the worst driver EVER to get in an AGR car!

I understand the need to have her in IRL ( P/R ), but when she whines on about how bad everyone else is and how unlucky she is, it makes me want to slap here.

She whines about her bad luck, but the only time she has had a chance to win was because of other peoples bad luck.

She whines about people hitting her, but forgets about the multiple pile up she caused this year, about her brain fade spins in the pits, and her brain farts in general.

Look at Dan Wheldon after the last race if you want to see how to behave. He was an innocent victim when Sam Hornish lost control of his car and collected Dan on they way out, but he does not have a bad word to say about Sam to the TV crew. He accepts it as ‘one of those things’ and gets on with it.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 23:11 (Ref:1998026)   #85
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a load of crap! She's blaming the car for stalling in the pit!"I barely got it going the second time, so that is something that needs to be looked into on the car." http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../SP9IRPTMA.DTL
Yea,I'll agree with that.I'd start looking in the cockpit first.Funny how she likes to use the word we when she screws up.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1998339)   #86
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it's never Danica's fault!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 09:00 (Ref:1999014)   #87
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster
What a load of crap! She's blaming the car for stalling in the pit!"I barely got it going the second time, so that is something that needs to be looked into on the car." http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../SP9IRPTMA.DTL
Yea,I'll agree with that.I'd start looking in the cockpit first.Funny how she likes to use the word we when she screws up.
She has no class.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1999280)   #88
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes. If she didn't blame the car or others for everything that went wrong that most of the time was her, dug in deep, spoke well of others, wasn't arrogant I'd be happy to see her do well.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 16:02 (Ref:1999286)   #89
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycuk
She's had a few good runs during her career, Michigan this weekend she looked pretty strong too - but will Danica ever win an IRL race?
No.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2002567)   #90
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's getting closer. Bit of a case of right place right time though
Old 3 Sep 2007, 15:00 (Ref:2002692)   #91
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
She has the potential and is the best female driver ever but has to get buckled down, have incident free races and just be consistent. It will come if you are in the position to win. I think she could be driving too hard and due to her lack of experience she is making mistakes.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2002697)   #92
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Best female driver ever?

Michele Mouton?
Old 3 Sep 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2002768)   #93
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Best female driver ever?

Michele Mouton?
She was a rally driver and this is the IRL forum Danica has the best result to date in major US open wheel racing.USAC/CART/IRL since 1956,before which women were banned from the pits
Old 3 Sep 2007, 16:29 (Ref:2002785)   #94
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I was just nitpicking.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2003005)   #95
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I was thinking Denise McCluggage although part of me wants to pick Donna Mae Mims.

Since there have been just two female drivers in the IRL a "best ever" question is rather limiting...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 20:38 (Ref:2003009)   #96
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Since there have been just two female drivers in the IRL a "best ever" question is rather limiting...
That shoud be 3 female drivers. Milk and Donuts may not be everyones favorite but she did race in the IRL
Old 3 Sep 2007, 22:42 (Ref:2003111)   #97
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Racing with the safety truck doesn't count.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 03:47 (Ref:2003216)   #98
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Turns out her and darren manning were using "mechanical assist" for the steering on the recent road course races. Power steering basically. Will they stop at nothing to get her a win? Sounds like pro wresting.

One irl driver said it wasn't fair they had an advantage over others in the races.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 07:34 (Ref:2003278)   #99
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
That shoud be 3 female drivers. Milk and Donuts may not be everyones favorite but she did race in the IRL
Make that 7 with Janet Guthrie,Lyn St.James,Desire Wilson & Katherine Legge in USAC/CART
Old 4 Sep 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2003338)   #100
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, um, why don't the others request power steering?