Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:36 (Ref:434880)   #76
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you need to be told how a steering wheel works every other week then .
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:41 (Ref:434881)   #77
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
so you need to be told how a steering wheel works every other weekend do you? And you enjoy constant ad breaks at the only interesting points in the race?
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:46 (Ref:434884)   #78
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
so you need to be told how a steering wheel works every other weekend do you? And you enjoy constant ad breaks at the only interesting points in the race?
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:49 (Ref:434886)   #79
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
do you need to be told how a steering wheel works every other week then .
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:55 (Ref:434888)   #80
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well , everyone to their own Hakk , and if you enjoyed ITV better then fair enough .
Old 22 Nov 2002, 19:58 (Ref:434893)   #81
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Damon, i see that i wasn't the only one trying to post then!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:02 (Ref:434897)   #82
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but i have to say that i hated the AD Breaks , and found it hard to listen to people just repeating the same old stuff every weekend ( Mr Jardine ).....

where as ...Peter Windsor on Sky was just superb !....i think i will miss his insight into the sport just about as much as anything else.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:06 (Ref:434899)   #83
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
One glimmer of hope on the horizon, i'm sure (although not 100%) certain that Ben Edwards was being signed up by ITV for next year, before the (possible?) finishing of sky digi
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:06 (Ref:434901)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
I did use it and didn't enjoy it. ....
[Hakkiman] I agree[/Hakkiman].

Sorry but the chance to view all those different shots was indeed a sublime experience. You could make your own commentary. I never bought it becaiuse (as explained elsewhere) it wasn't practical. So, I'll look forward to whatever coverage I can get and be grateful. Just "bag" that pillock James Allen please.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:29 (Ref:434924)   #85
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
please........If Sky really isnt gonna happen next year , please ITV let us see and hear the thoughts of Peter Windsor !
Old 22 Nov 2002, 20:58 (Ref:434955)   #86
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
woops quadruple post!! someone want to edit that for me?!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 21:06 (Ref:434968)   #87
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
to many beers Damon ?
Old 22 Nov 2002, 21:10 (Ref:434972)   #88
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
something like that !!!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 21:14 (Ref:434975)   #89
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
well...it is Friday !..im having a few here too !

Old 22 Nov 2002, 23:29 (Ref:435064)   #90
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 Digital...Bernie pulls the plug!

I blame all those cheapskates in this British 'nanny state' who wouldn't pay a few miserable quid to watch the best F1 coverage ever shown!

No more practice...damn it! No more data channel...with all those split times that the teams get...back to damn adverts...You penny pinchers!

The truth is there are only about 9,000 'REAL' F1 enthusiasts amongst the general public...the rest just think they are!

Last edited by Rennen; 22 Nov 2002 at 23:31.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 23:34 (Ref:435067)   #91
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have gladly paid if it was available on NTL digital..
Old 23 Nov 2002, 01:46 (Ref:435091)   #92
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...excuse the rest of the world that never had either the opportunity to buy this service, could not afford it, or just said 'this isn't worth being payed for'.

F1's rating's are dropping like anything around the world, and it's a tough enough sell to people that are not already F1 addicts when the top two cars refuse to race each other in a supposed "Racing" series. Having coverage that is certainly doesn't help any...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 23 Nov 2002, 02:03 (Ref:435095)   #93
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, the world is dying instead of having 350mil watch each race, you 'only' get 300
Old 23 Nov 2002, 02:13 (Ref:435098)   #94
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Bernie seems to think so... or are you Bernie?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 23 Nov 2002, 03:22 (Ref:435107)   #95
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a sliding scale, any drop is considered a huge loss, even though the resultant figure is still head and shoulders above any other sport. Its like people saying the economy's crashed because the maxed out bubble finally burst
Old 23 Nov 2002, 09:03 (Ref:435159)   #96
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
no more timing screens !.....i used those so much this season....to have all that infomation at your fingertips was just brilliant .
Old 23 Nov 2002, 09:50 (Ref:435175)   #97
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
For me, most of the comments from those who want to scap the PPV smack a little of 'if I can't have it then no one else should'.
Has it occurred to you that perhaps some people don't think it's worth paying for? Better pictures aren't a guarantee of better racing - you could pay £12, £6, whatever, and then see a race like the Austrian GP and feel totally ripped off. I felt cheated this season and I wasn't paying to watch it!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 Nov 2002, 10:11 (Ref:435182)   #98
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sorry , but they are......weve seen some fantastic race battles this year.....that exactly what the PPV offers.....better pictures show actual racing !.....

but i do agree with feeling cheated at Austria, although at the time i was more worried about Sato being ok , than Ferrari silly little games.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 11:26 (Ref:435200)   #99
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
Better pictures aren't a guarantee of better racing -
Agreed, they are not, but they do give you scope to see different racing. Quite a few times during this season, during a "quiet period" of a race i've flicked over to ITV and it was normally on an ad break.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 17:08 (Ref:435366)   #100
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Weclome to the rest of the world Sato san...