Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4220892)   #76
tee.1s
Rookie

tee.1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
Sorry. I will never get over Onslow-Cole's 3 DNF's at Brands - after 27 consecutive finishes (or him having to pull over for Tom at Silverstone so that daddy's boy could win).
Oh yeah, why did he pull over at silverstone lmao???*???* he was literally ahead in the championship
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:09 (Ref:4220893)   #77
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.1s View Post
Oh yeah, why did he pull over at silverstone lmao???*???* he was literally ahead in the championship
And still had an outside chance of winning it overall going into Brands! 3 DNF's for TOC, and Chilton won the independant's title... funny that.

We all know that the money talks in motor racing, but that was taking the proverbial!
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:17 (Ref:4220896)   #78
tee.1s
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
And still had an outside chance of winning it overall going into Brands! 3 DNF's for TOC, and Chilton won the independant's title... funny that.

We all know that the money talks in motor racing, but that was taking the proverbial!
That focus was hilarious with the LPG powe. Snetterton was a joke hahaha
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:20 (Ref:4220898)   #79
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Hill just revealed that his qualifying lap was deleted by mistake? Not a good look…
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4220899)   #80
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTF is TOCA doing ??
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:23 (Ref:4220900)   #81
tee.1s
Rookie

A bit of tension bubbling in the paddock. Next few weekends will be fireworks
Old 28 Jul 2024, 17:40 (Ref:4220906)   #82
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Actually there are so many things in front of the stewards that they have deferred some to Knockhill already. Usually that only happens with incidents in the third race if the day!

Ian Watson, CoC, has decided that after interviews and viewing videos, he is unable to take any judicial action in either Sutton/Turkington or Chilton/Hill.
Old 28 Jul 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4220917)   #83
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but the classic tourers we excellent. Hopefully they, or similar, can be a semi-regular feature on the support package in the future.
Old 28 Jul 2024, 18:39 (Ref:4220918)   #84
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Ian Watson, CoC, has decided that after interviews and viewing videos, he is unable to take any judicial action in either Sutton/Turkington or Chilton/Hill.
BMW appealed the Sutton one but it failed.
Old 28 Jul 2024, 19:23 (Ref:4220922)   #85
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Ian Watson has been unable to take judicial action with the Ingram/Turkington incident. I wonder whether BMW will appeal that decision.
Old 28 Jul 2024, 19:39 (Ref:4220925)   #86
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned it yet but the classic tourers we excellent. Hopefully they, or similar, can be a semi-regular feature on the support package in the future.
The CTCRC nearly always brings together a fantastic field of cars, and the racing was great fun. Definitely the best racing of the day (and minus a couple of small scrapes earlier in the day, the cleanest too!).

There were a lot of guest appearances compared to the regular CTCRC field. The addition of the usual Jordan Racing Team-entered cars (Tordoff, Dickenson, Shovlin, Cullen, Chambers et al) plus the likes of Guy Smith, Max Chilton, Nick Swift, Grant Williams was very welcome. The highest finishing CTCRC regular was Joe Ferguson in the Mini he usually shares with Tom Bell.

It would be good (given the CTCRC runs regularly with the BARC) to see them return for a guest appearance next year. With most of the TOCA supports not set to appear at all 10 meetings in 2025, there will be quite a few empty support spots.
Old 28 Jul 2024, 21:10 (Ref:4220930)   #87
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
BMW appealed the Chilton/Hill incident, and it too failed. It's getting a bit expensive for BMW. not only having to pay for repairs as well as losing the appeal fees for both of them.

I wonder what will happen to the incident with Turkington in Race 3. Possibly that will be looked at when they get to Knockhill as there is no mention of it in the judicial reports.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 07:33 (Ref:4220970)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ambitious move by Chilton on Hill. Could have backed out of it. Really these incidents are becoming a bit much

The incident between Turkington and Tingram in R3 I need to from all angles, but I don't think there's really a need for a penalty. Two drivers going for the same piece of track
Old 29 Jul 2024, 07:46 (Ref:4220976)   #89
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weird how many scrapes the BMW’s seem to be getting into
Old 29 Jul 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4220982)   #90
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
There ought to be mention of the crowd being world leaders in gazebo and bivvy erection. Items which , despite having been a Croft regular since 1 litre F3 days, I have never seen the need to take to a race meeting.

CTRC race was just fabulous but TWO doses of Porsches is at least one too many and I'd far rather see F4.

Of the BTCC cars I enjoyed watching the Focuses most as they do seem to go sideways at the slighest excuse .
A certain group in particular had erected a wind breaker but in doing so had taken up the whole width of the bank at the chicane leaving a gap between there seats and the fence that was big enough to fit about 2 rows deep of people and then most of the day half of them weren’t even at their chairs. Really selfish IMO and because if people like that the rest of us all sit squeezed on top of each other, inc children who then struggle to see. Another elderly couple sat with about a gap of about 4 ft between them to avoid people squeezing in next to them. They then had the nerve to complain when someone did exactly that. There’s plenty of room for us all of everyone considered others but that’s not the world we live in nowadays.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 11:23 (Ref:4220991)   #91
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's getting a bit expensive for BMW. not only having to pay for repairs as well as losing the appeal fees for both of them.
I'm not sure if you will know and I'm also just being nosey, but how much does it cost a team to appeal a decision?
Old 29 Jul 2024, 11:36 (Ref:4220993)   #92
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Weird how many scrapes the BMW’s seem to be getting into
Funnily enough, there's usually another car involved as well. Spooky!
Old 29 Jul 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4220998)   #93
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I'm not sure if you will know and I'm also just being nosey, but how much does it cost a team to appeal a decision?
It varies depending on the status of the championship/series; however, for the BTCC, I believe it is £895 (which is returned in the event that the appeal is successful).
Old 29 Jul 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4220999)   #94
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although, I follow the BTCC, I rarely post in this section. I can usually be found lurking in the rallying and rallycross section!

Me and my daughter went and we both thoroughly enjoyed the day. I thought the racing was a lot better than last year, across all the classes, with the exception of the first race. My daughter made the same comment.

Mercifully few safety cars, although we didn't see the Mini race, as we decided to go for a wonder during that one.

CTCRC was brilliant with a large gird and good racing.

We could see the Turkington/Ingram incident from where we were. From what I could see of it and the replays on the nearby screen, it looked like a racing incident. As to Hill/Chilton, I was looking the other way when it occurred, but on the replay I was very surprised Chilton didn't get a penalty for that.

All in all though, we had a good day and enjoyed the racing and for a change this year, we stayed dry!
Old 29 Jul 2024, 12:12 (Ref:4221000)   #95
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I believe it is £895 (which is returned in the event that the appeal is successful).
So BMW are currently £1,790 down in just appeal losses, ouch! I wouldn't want to go gambling with anyone on that team.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4221034)   #96
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
So BMW are currently £1,790 down in just appeal losses, ouch! I wouldn't want to go gambling with anyone on that team.
Lets just put that into perspective.

How much is a set of tyres?
How much panel damage will be done in a typical weekend?
How much is winning the championship worth in PR value for BMW?

£1800 may be a lot to you and me, but in the larger scheme of things it's negligable.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 17:15 (Ref:4221041)   #97
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
To be fair to Ash it won't have been intentional. however other drivers have been penalised for less in the past and colin was lucky he didn't go off further.

As for Chilton/ Hill, Chilton was nowhere near through Barcroft, I presume he was in the back of Hill through Sunny In to push him wide.
That doesn't matter. That has to be a penalty.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 19:50 (Ref:4221055)   #98
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming Turkington didn't brake at an odd spot it looked a slam dunk penalty for Ash.

Chilton vs Hill was harder to call for me. With the overlap "rule" they talk about Chilton certainly looked far enough alongside but the TV angle wasn't great.

Same with Turkington vs Ingram as far as TV angles go. To me it just looked two guys running side by side with their cars on the ragged edge and unfortunately one lost out.
Old 29 Jul 2024, 20:00 (Ref:4221056)   #99
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=TinTopGrumpy;4221055]Assuming Turkington didn't brake at an odd spot it looked a slam dunk penalty for Ash.

Presumably he did then
Old 29 Jul 2024, 20:11 (Ref:4221060)   #100
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever was at fault in the Hill vs Chilton contact, what Hill did wrong was to get involved in that battle at all. Chilton was on the (much) faster tyre than Hill and Hill was aggressive as if he was fighting for a win. With Chilton being equally aggressive and having nothing to lose, Hill should've been smarter and thought about the bigger picture - the title. Yes, always nice to see drivers fighting, that's what we watch racing for and yes, Hill didn't seem much slower than Chilton on softs but still, rules - as dumb as they are at the moment - normally put hard tyres at a big disadvantage and Hill should've been aware of that. Situations like that decide titles and often show who's 'complete' enough to win the title and who is not. That's not to say that Hill is not a title-winning material but as fast as he is, he's fighting for the title with probably the best and smartest drivers in the field and it's the worse weekends that might decide who wins and who loses.