Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 May 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2200965)   #76
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Road America is a low downforce track do to the high speeds. Mosport is a high downforce track with high speed corners. Two differnt set ups for the two different tracks.
Old 13 May 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2201008)   #77
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the perimiter layout of this course I get the feeling that unless both cars crash or all four drivers take ill and cannot race, this is going to be an all Audi show.
Old 13 May 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2201359)   #78
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We were saying the same thing this time last year too. Who knows?
Old 13 May 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2201375)   #79
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
Looking at the perimiter layout of this course I get the feeling that unless both cars crash or all four drivers take ill and cannot race, this is going to be an all Audi show.
Oh, Lord forbid, a P-1 should have an advantage!

L.P.
Old 13 May 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2201596)   #80
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
GA's races are timed like ALMS races
Not only that, but the race is actually on Saturday and is being shown on tape delay. They wouldn't go over the 3 hour limit no matter what.

I'm really looking forward to this race for some reason. Maybe because it's the first 2:45 race of the season.
Old 13 May 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2201620)   #81
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG

L.P.
(gangster african american voice): "I hear dat!"

End.
Old 14 May 2008, 05:18 (Ref:2201775)   #82
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Not only that, but the race is actually on Saturday and is being shown on tape delay. They wouldn't go over the 3 hour limit no matter what.

I'm really looking forward to this race for some reason. Maybe because it's the first 2:45 race of the season.
Its a Sunday race.
Old 14 May 2008, 05:25 (Ref:2201779)   #83
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Does anyone think that Audi will run the bridge wing on the R10 that Joest used at Spa?
I didn't know Audi changed the wings at Spa. Do you have any photos?
Old 14 May 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2201781)   #84
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I didn't know Audi changed the wings at Spa. Do you have any photos?
picture 18 http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/05/...pitlane-shots/
Old 14 May 2008, 05:57 (Ref:2201791)   #85
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
Its a Sunday race.
I do believe he was responding to;
Quote:
GA's races are timed like ALMS races
And the GA race at Laguna is being run Sat. and televised Sun. Just my opinion of course.

L.P.
Old 14 May 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2202111)   #86
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that's a bad thing. I was just saying that this is one of the circuits where Audi should shine. Like the P2's were supposed to at the street circuits. And didn't. Hey, I could be wrong. Believe it or not it's happened before.
Old 15 May 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2202654)   #87
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I know you allready commented on this but I have a question
“The following “LM”GT2 cars may remove 25 kg from the minimum weight declared and listed on the Event Entry Form as received and approved by IMSA.
• Aston Martin Vantage
• Doran Ford GT
• Panoz Esperante LMGT
• Riley Chevrolet Corvette C6
The Porsche 911 RSR GT3 may continue at its currently homologated weight.”

why is porsche mentioned at all, was it runing on more weight until now or was it runing on less, I dodnt understand why it is mentioned, if the weight brackes dont apply to it, anyone kno or have a link to porsche's homogolated weight,, is it 1225
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 May 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2202666)   #88
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't Porsche running at a higher weight to take advantage of using a GT1 spec rear tire? Not sure that is still true but think I read something about that last season some time.
Old 15 May 2008, 02:10 (Ref:2202677)   #89
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
The Porsche's are supposed to be at 1225 for the tire size that they are running. But it is my understanding that they have been running the 25kg light from Sebring as an adjustment to the 430's mid engine lay-out and that the rest of the cars are getting it now. I think the GT is getting it just cuzz. And for the Viper to not get it I would think that it is already being given breaks as it is running under waiver at the moment.

L.P.
Old 15 May 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2202874)   #90
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Porsche's are supposed to be at 1225 for the tire size that they are running. But it is my understanding that they have been running the 25kg light from Sebring as an adjustment to the 430's mid engine lay-out and that the rest of the cars are getting it now.
I find this hard to believe. Can you point me to the IMSA bulletin? I don't find this on http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cf...dexnewalms.htm
Old 15 May 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2202980)   #91
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
The Porsche's are supposed to be at 1225 for the tire size that they are running. But it is my understanding that they have been running the 25kg light from Sebring as an adjustment to the 430's mid engine lay-out and that the rest of the cars are getting it now.
HORNDAWG were did you get this info can you comfirm it somewere
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 May 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2203070)   #92
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the weight reduction only applied to the FIA GT.
Old 15 May 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2203091)   #93
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gwyllion, I'm fairly sure Porsche are running higher weight for GT1 tyres.
Old 15 May 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2203114)   #94
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Gwyllion, I'm fairly sure Porsche are running higher weight for GT1 tyres.
Yes of course. But HORNDAWG claims Porsche runs with 1200 kg in ALMS.
Quote:
But it is my understanding that they have been running the 25kg light from Sebring as an adjustment to the 430's mid engine lay-out and that the rest of the cars are getting it now.
Old 15 May 2008, 13:59 (Ref:2203126)   #95
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are no IMSA bulletins issued this year to indicate that the Porsche's have received any weight breaks.
Old 15 May 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2203166)   #96
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I find this hard to believe. Can you point me to the IMSA bulletin? I don't find this on http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cf...dexnewalms.htm
I myself have been through everything that I can think of to find a reference for it but cannot either. But this comes from the inside and you can believe it or not as you will, I will believe it until proven otherwise.

The key I believe lies in this;
Quote:
The Porsche 911 RSR GT3 may continue at its currently homologated weight.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 15 May 2008 at 15:12.
Old 15 May 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2203186)   #97
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
There are no IMSA bulletins issued this year to indicate that the Porsche's have received any weight breaks.
Correct, I'm suspecting Badger burned all evidence
Old 15 May 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2203187)   #98
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
seriously now, I have not seen any rule-break bulletin for GT2 Porsches either....
Old 15 May 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2203210)   #99
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
@HORNDAWG: The currently homologated weight in ACO/IMSA racing = 1225 kg
Old 15 May 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2203219)   #100
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
@HORNDAWG: The currently homologated weight in ACO/IMSA racing = 1225 kg
And you have seen the 08 997 homologation form on file with the ACO/IMSA? I know what the general class rules state! I also know that there are variances asked for and granted all the time during homologation that are not addressed/announced to the public. The most recent that comes to mind is the ground effects on the Vantage GT-2 which at least allowed them to run a 100mm splitter in excess of the body line as seen from above which is not legal in the class but was granted during the homologation process. So I ask again where is there a copy of the ACO 08 997 homologation form specifically, that is accessable by the public?

L.P.