Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2324155)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really doubt if Mclaren, Williams, Renault and BMW will stay if Ferrari decides to go, even if that would please the other teams fans, actually the values of those teams are binded to each other.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2324170)   #77
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The team most likely to win a championship suddenly throws in the towel! I'd think I'd stick around!
Old 30 Oct 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2324203)   #78
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what I said, it would please the fans...
Old 30 Oct 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2324272)   #79
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
That's what I said, it would please the fans...
No,I meant that if I were a manufacturer I would stick around.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2324319)   #80
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I think you are all missing the point of what Bononi and I (and some others) are saying here.

Ferrari leaving would devalue the WCC/WDC beccause the level of competition would decrease. Would the EPL be viewed the same if Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool left and Hull City won?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2324325)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You assume that F1 is actually worth keeping. If you want to apply history, you need a FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP that equals the historic importance. Can anyone really suggest that this shadow/manipulated "series" is really worthy of respect?

I can't. It's fun but so is ladies beach volleyball. I can't participate in either. I know what is better viewing though.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2324393)   #82
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I think the teams as operating entities are massively deserving of respect. This means the employees (including drivers) are all inherently deserving of this respect. The incredibly high standard of engineering, R&D, operations, facilities, and all that, is very impressive.

Where F1 falls down is the regulatory body, the commerical rights body, and the on-track racing.

So, basically, the teams (including drivers) are not the problem.

I think it is clear F1 would lose value/status if Ferrari left. The same is true if Mclaren or Williams left. The other teams are just teams, but those three are institutions.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2324398)   #83
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let Ferrari go if they want they cannot be seen to dicate F1.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2324529)   #84
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
You assume that F1 is actually worth keeping. If you want to apply history, you need a FORMULA 1 CHAMPIONSHIP that equals the historic importance. Can anyone really suggest that this shadow/manipulated "series" is really worthy of respect?

I can't. It's fun but so is ladies beach volleyball. I can't participate in either. I know what is better viewing though.

You've a good point there Peter. I can't remember the last time there was a steward's decision regarding a participant at a ladies beach volleyball tournament being penalized for being too scantily-clad or having too low of a Body Mass Index.

Come to think of it, I can't recall the outcome of a single match, either...clever marketing ploy, that!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2324536)   #85
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC

Come to think of it, I can't recall the outcome of a single match, either...clever marketing ploy, that!
It would certainly be great if the results of an F1 race really didn't matter because the race itself was reward enough.