Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2589100)   #76
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK
Old 25 Nov 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2589237)   #77
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So speaks fluent French? Didn't know that.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2590240)   #78
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Endurance-Info.com, the 4th Peugeot will be be neither Mexican nor American.

Also, Hugues de Chaunac has said in an article in Le Maine Libre that the 4th Peugeot will not be heading in the direction of Oreca.

How many left in the frame now?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2590255)   #79
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
According to Endurance-Info.com, the 4th Peugeot will be be neither Mexican nor American.

Also, Hugues de Chaunac has said in an article in Le Maine Libre that the 4th Peugeot will not be heading in the direction of Oreca.

How many left in the frame now?

Once you take De Ferran, Oreca, Fernandez/Pescarolo/*insert others involved* out of the frame, there aren't many other contenders.
Is DAMS a contender?
Old 27 Nov 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2590265)   #80
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Is DAMS a contender?
No, I believe they're out of the equation (and Signature Plus too).

The only names that really come to mind now are Charouz and Pescarolo (or a combination of the two).
Old 27 Nov 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2590268)   #81
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gather DAMS took themselves out of contention on the grounds that they can't raise the required budget. Surely this means it is going to Henri/Noel (assuming Henri has paid the 2009 repair bill) rather than Signature - if they are out of the equation. Charouz must be getting it if Henri is out of favour though!
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2590282)   #82
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Apparently according to latest article from Endurance-Info mexican project and De Ferran project about the 4th 908 at Le Mans + LMS are closed now...

What remains seems to be:
-Pescarolo
-Charouz
-Oreca
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2590288)   #83
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Apparently according to latest article from Endurance-Info mexican project and De Ferran project about the 4th 908 at Le Mans + LMS are closed now...

What remains seems to be:
-Pescarolo
-Charouz
-Oreca
Well apparently Oreca is out.
Didn't Charouz purchase one of the Lola AMR chassis? Or did I just imagine that?

Seeing as nobody knows what the state of the Peugeot-Pescarolo relationship is, it's anyone's guess.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2590294)   #84
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Charouz owned 2 (? Primat the 3rd?) of the AMR Lola chassis from the get-go. Both are now sold. There is no indication that Charouz is definitely running or involved in the Aston program next year, especially if Astons aren't really running much as a works program next year!
Old 27 Nov 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2590297)   #85
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Seeing as nobody knows what the state of the Peugeot-Pescarolo relationship is, it's anyone's guess.
They certainly don't hate him and had stated that they'd like to place a car with him again in the last couple of months. The only outstanding question is whether they'd want the books settled in advance and if that has already happened.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2590316)   #86
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did you get that Oreca was out?

I didn't think it was serious until I read Olivier Panis talking about how he won't race this year unless he drives a diesel Peugeot. Hugues de Chaunac seemed to agree with that (I think he was alongside him). The Peugeot would look great in Mondrian colors! But how bad are the rules when privateers are fighting to drop their petrol car and get a single expensive and inferior-to-the-factory-cars 908??
Old 27 Nov 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2590463)   #87
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
The Peugeot would look great in Mondrian colors! But how bad are the rules when privateers are fighting to drop their petrol car and get a single expensive and inferior-to-the-factory-cars 908??
Agree absolutely about how good a 908 would look in the Oreca Matmut livery - wasn't convinced initially, but it's grown on me, and it looks stunning in the flesh.

As far as dropping own cars to get a factory one - thus it has ever been so. When customer R8s came on scene early this decade there was a clamour for them, just like when the 956 became a customer car the likes of Kremer and Joest abandoned their private Porsche developments and went down the customer route; and it's here I'd see possibilities. With a full year of running the car I'd back some of the crack LMS squads to be able to pull something off against the works outfit - relying on tactical nous and tweaking ability rather than trying to compete in the impossible arms race of trying to develop a completely new package vs a factory.

That said I still wish we had an environment whereby private / lower key entrants could run the factories that little bit more closely. This year's Pescarolo with a Peugeot diesel under the hood? Now that would be interesting.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2591209)   #88
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Where did you get that Oreca was out?

I didn't think it was serious until I read Olivier Panis talking about how he won't race this year unless he drives a diesel Peugeot. Hugues de Chaunac seemed to agree with that (I think he was alongside him). The Peugeot would look great in Mondrian colors! But how bad are the rules when privateers are fighting to drop their petrol car and get a single expensive and inferior-to-the-factory-cars 908??

The problem with ORECA is that they have a contract with AIM(japanese engineers working on engines, especially with a Judd basis)...and would they accept de Chaunac to use car whose engine isn't studied by themselves ???
Old 29 Nov 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2591217)   #89
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
The problem with ORECA is that they have a contract with AIM(japanese engineers working on engines, especially with a Judd basis)...and would they accept de Chaunac to use car whose engine isn't studied by themselves ???
Could they run a 908 alongside the Oreca-AIM car?
Obviously many factors come in to play (i.e. Funding, engine supply contract etc).

It worked for Henri at LM (although he wasn't involved with AIM).

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 29 Nov 2009 at 13:29.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2591334)   #90
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If I were AIM I'd want to be pretty clear about what was done with my brand and what my partners did. If AIM could associate themselves somehow with a 908 then fine, but otherwise I'd be having strong words with my partner about what exactly it said to have my package portrayed as somehow second best.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2592204)   #91
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Don't know why it takes so long time for Peugeot-Sport to announce the team that should run the 4th 908 at the 2010 Le Mans and LMS

Maybe budget conditions asked by Quesnel are too high forcing candidates to retire one by one
Old 1 Dec 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2592232)   #92
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rumors goes that Raikonnen is going to race for Citroen in WRC..
Could he join up with Sebastian Loeb for an "Citroen" Red Bull 908?
Old 1 Dec 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2592431)   #93
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Rumors goes that Raikonnen is going to race for Citroen in WRC..
Could he join up with Sebastian Loeb for an "Citroen" Red Bull 908?
Never in a million years will this happen. Raikonnen has already said that he is only interested in either F1 or rallying.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2592436)   #94
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
Never in a million years will this happen. Raikonnen has already said that he is only interested in either F1 or rallying.
For the right amount?, besides, he is doing nothing around Le Mans (like Loeb), so why not for the fun?
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2592447)   #95
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
Steve Robertson has definitely told Turun Sanomat that Raikkonen may do the Le Mans 24 as well as rallying next year, and I believe Raikkonen himself has made a similar statement though I can't locate the direct source at present. Maybe fact-check before ing at others?
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2592508)   #96
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I read that too . Kimi did say that he would like to do Le Mans .
Old 2 Dec 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2592666)   #97
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone think a Red bull 908 would look good ?
I do remember Kimi saying he would do Le mans,
Infact here Kimi's manager even confirms it

“Kimi said before that he wants to race – a sabbatical doesn’t change anything in that respect. Moreover, it means that Kimi can find a drive where he can fight for victories and world championships. Next year [Raikkonen] will drive rallies and possibly the Le Mans 24 Hours, which both interests and excites him a lot.”
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2593099)   #98
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
That's exactly what I referred to two posts up...
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2593100)   #99
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
Does anyone think a Red bull 908 would look good ?
I do remember Kimi saying he would do Le mans,
Infact here Kimi's manager even confirms it

“Kimi said before that he wants to race – a sabbatical doesn’t change anything in that respect. Moreover, it means that Kimi can find a drive where he can fight for victories and world championships. Next year [Raikkonen] will drive rallies and possibly the Le Mans 24 Hours, which both interests and excites him a lot.”
Also im referring to an Red Bull 908, even longer up.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 04:16 (Ref:2593217)   #100
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
why not for the fun?
No matter the quotes, I can't believe that an endurance race qualifies for Kimi's brain as "fun".
Closed Thread