Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 May 2012, 06:47 (Ref:3080955)   #76
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please Ale
Old 29 May 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3080964)   #77
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ale?? I know I like a drop but no need to name me after the stuff! OK I will do a few probably be about 420mm wide.
Old 29 May 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3081164)   #78
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the 40 minute race have a compulsary pit stop for driver change ?If so what is the window and duration ?
Old 29 May 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3081172)   #79
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly does Nick I think it will probably be to the CSCC tried and tested formula. As for duration I may need a comfort break so expect a little longer than usual from me lol! at the last meeting it was pull in and turn off engine, change drivers, start engine and off you go. If not changing drivers then climb out close the door and get back in, there was talk of a minute or two fixed duration but cannot confirm that.
Old 29 May 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3081196)   #80
modes
Racer

England
Harrogate
modes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ale?? I know I like a drop but no need to name me after the stuff! OK I will do a few probably be about 420mm wide.
Al,

Car ready, but have space on the car if you have one for me. In London now for two days then back up to Yorkshire to pack and come back down again to Brands Hatch! Planning!!!!

Setting off Monday early.
Old 29 May 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3081229)   #81
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'll have a couple off you Al if that's OK.
Old 29 May 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3081285)   #82
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
OK no probs I will do an initial batch but please ask here if you want them as dont want to do too many and have to bin them.
Old 29 May 2012, 18:51 (Ref:3081347)   #83
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Someone asked earlier in the thread who the 'Le Mans' start would work. Well Bernie now has the sanctions of the various bodies so can go public on this and has asked me to post below how its planned to work. This will happen on the Tuesday for the 40 minute race. Remember its all just for a bit of fun and is meant to be tounge in cheek

1) Cars will arrive at the GP paddock assembly area at 12.25.
2) Cars will line Le Mans style against the pit wall in grid order at 12.45.
3) Spectators will have the opportunity to view our grid and talk to drivers between 12.50 and 1.15.
4) All drivers must be suited and booted ready to run, walk and in some cases, crawl to their cars when ordered to.
5) You must have your crew to help you get in and buckle up When the lovely Sarah shows you the board, start your engines. Start up and wait. You will be flagged off by the Clerk of the Course one by one, and continue around the track "slowly" until you pick up the pace car (our black and white US Cop Cars). Should any body not conform to the procedure, an American policeman will exit the pace car and shoot your tyres out with the repeating rifle kept in the trunk (boot). !!!!
6) When the grid has totally assembled behind the pace car, we will continue to proceed on our one lap rolling start.
Old 29 May 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3081499)   #84
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone asked earlier in the thread who the 'Le Mans' start would work. Well Bernie now has the sanctions of the various bodies so can go public on this and has asked me to post below how its planned to work. This will happen on the Tuesday for the 40 minute race. Remember its all just for a bit of fun and is meant to be tounge in cheek

1) Cars will arrive at the GP paddock assembly area at 12.25.
2) Cars will line Le Mans style against the pit wall in grid order at 12.45.
3) Spectators will have the opportunity to view our grid and talk to drivers between 12.50 and 1.15.
4) All drivers must be suited and booted ready to run, walk and in some cases, crawl to their cars when ordered to.
5) You must have your crew to help you get in and buckle up When the lovely Sarah shows you the board, start your engines. Start up and wait. You will be flagged off by the Clerk of the Course one by one, and continue around the track "slowly" until you pick up the pace car (our black and white US Cop Cars). Should any body not conform to the procedure, an American policeman will exit the pace car and shoot your tyres out with the repeating rifle kept in the trunk (boot). !!!!
6) When the grid has totally assembled behind the pace car, we will continue to proceed on our one lap rolling start.
by Tuesday lunchtime it will have been 3 1/2 days of marshalling at Brands so something a bit light-hearted sounds like fun

have fun folks - looking forward to it

Dave
Old 30 May 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3081657)   #85
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like it might be a tad damp over the two days, might have to bring out the easy-up-gazebo from the loft.
Old 30 May 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3081675)   #86
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I hope for dry conditions obviously but the wet will certainly slow down some of the faster stuff. I have done 36 stickers more than enough for one per car, some won't want them so I will offer every one one off if any left over anyone who wants a second is welcome.
Old 30 May 2012, 07:47 (Ref:3081682)   #87
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll need two... I'll buy you an extra burger at the bbq ;-) (see, I'm desperate to get any competitive advantage).
Old 30 May 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3081691)   #88
jamesjtucker
Rookie

England
Burntwood/Lichfield
jamesjtucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyte View Post
It looks like it might be a tad damp over the two days, might have to bring out the easy-up-gazebo from the loft.
When I looked it said sunny and dry. So I'm not looking again incase it's changed.
Old 30 May 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3081755)   #89
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyte View Post
I'll need two... I'll buy you an extra burger at the bbq ;-) (see, I'm desperate to get any competitive advantage).
Ha ha thats big of you lol! bear in mind these are done on temporary vinyl designed for easy removal I usually often use this stuff for film shoots on hired cars but havnt had much lately since Beeb moved operations up north.
Old 30 May 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3081777)   #90
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Tell you what guys I need tickets, my lovely daughters want to come so any offers please let me know.
Old 30 May 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3081835)   #91
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Certainly does Nick I think it will probably be to the CSCC tried and tested formula. As for duration I may need a comfort break so expect a little longer than usual from me lol! at the last meeting it was pull in and turn off engine, change drivers, start engine and off you go. If not changing drivers then climb out close the door and get back in, there was talk of a minute or two fixed duration but cannot confirm that.
Thanks Al.
Old 30 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3081881)   #92
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sounds like a good photo opportunity, presume the drivers will be with the cars, so will spectators be allowed on the track?
Old 30 May 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3081944)   #93
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post

Trying to get some sense out of the circuit regarding camping over from Saturday until we get paddock access on Sunday night - emailed them and got a reply from the trackday organiser saying I've got to phone. The reason I emailed was so that I had a proof of response, now i can see a 'discussion' with a jobsworth on the gate looming.
Spoke to the circuit - ''yes you can park/camp in 'Racing Green' but you will need a valid ticket for Saturday and Sunday''

Oh thanks a bunch! Can't even see where the 'Racing Green' field is on the website map. Just looked on googlemap where it appears the RG field is before the main entrance gate - anyone know if this is the case?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 30 May 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3081955)   #94
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think its the green at the end of the Paddock as have had to camp there before, its not a problem and quite flat.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3082027)   #95
Moosehead
Veteran

Not bothered about being level, nor do I want any facilities, I just don't want to shell out another £50 for tickets I don't want.
Old 30 May 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3082099)   #96
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
All a bit daft isnt it?
Old 30 May 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3082111)   #97
Moosehead
Veteran

Not exactly competitor friendly! Thing is if I have to pay to get in then I will go roam the paddock and watch some racing as will my dad if he comes down Sunday morning as planned. However, the Missus just wants to chill out in the camper so that would be a wasted ticket. Grrr
Old 30 May 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3082149)   #98
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I will be going Sunday am as I believe all the CTCRC action is on the Saturday.
Sunday Al, so I don't think they will let you in until late ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 May 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3082152)   #99
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh well thats me out as a spectator and general spender of money at the circuit, very silly policy IMHO.
Old 31 May 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3082277)   #100
jamesjtucker
Rookie

England
Burntwood/Lichfield
jamesjtucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Spoke to the circuit - ''yes you can park/camp in 'Racing Green' but you will need a valid ticket for Saturday and Sunday''

Oh thanks a bunch! Can't even see where the 'Racing Green' field is on the website map. Just looked on googlemap where it appears the RG field is before the main entrance gate - anyone know if this is the case?
I thought it was on the right if you go through the pit gate entrance round the back of the circuit, as from there you can't get into the actual circuit still due to pedestrian gates? But by no means 100% on that.