Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jun 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3260880)   #76
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
In fact I can't think of a single one currently. Neate has claimed the only reason he's not been out this season is money. Which is BS. Something's up with that team.
I can't think of any reason other than money that it could be really. In fact the only reason my team is not on the grid is due to a lack of money! And I think that goes for all of us.

I don't understand why people are so upset it's delayed. It seems like if you can't bring a two car team with two former champions in the car, everyone moans!
Old 11 Jun 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3260884)   #77
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
I can't think of any reason other than money that it could be really. In fact the only reason my team is not on the grid is due to a lack of money! And I think that goes for all of us.
One thing Neate doesn't lack is money. Just tally up the amount he's paid to WSR / 888 / Arena in the last three years.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3260902)   #78
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
One thing Neate doesn't lack is money. Just tally up the amount he's paid to WSR / 888 / Arena in the last three years.
The fact that he has spent so much previously for a seat and has got marginal returns could be the very reason he is taking a cautious approach to this current venture.

Buying a seat is the fastest way to a drive, but for Neate he has felt the need to move on to run his own team. Looking at the requirements from a different perspective may have changed his mindset somewhat and he is less likely to chuck an incomplete product onto the track.

In recent seasons, I remember delays to the projects of Thorney, RAR, HARD etc.. Eventually they have all delivered (to a greater or lesser extent). I feel Neate is both a little further back on the learning curve, but also able to learn from these other team's experiences.

Thorney: 'happy that our decision to take time out, develop the car in testing and come back into the BTCC as a contender ' 'Looking back over the year if I'd known then what I know now we wouldn't have entered the BTCC this year.'

Gilham: (about missing media day) 'With this in mind, the team as a whole think that the time would be better spent in the race unit'
Old 11 Jun 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3260950)   #79
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anyone who enters the BTCC with a car which doesn't perform to the high expectations of some fans gets slammed by said fans.

Anyone who intends to enter and delays the entry because the car isn't going to perform to their own expectations gets slammed by the same people.

Rock <-> Hard Place.

I certainly won't be spending my lottery win on a BTCC entry, that's for sure...
Old 11 Jun 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3260988)   #80
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

I certainly won't be spending my lottery win on a BTCC entry, that's for sure...
Solution: Buy ratty S2000 from Serbia and nobody expects much
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3262064)   #81
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its entertainment, the announcements from some of the drivers are farcical.

For example, Girling isnt out as he hasnt paid the team for the previous races yet, simple as that.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3262065)   #82
Thorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkd56 View Post
Solution: Buy ratty S2000 from Serbia and nobody expects much
Certainly a cheaper way of doing it, wish I'd done the same if I'm honest.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3262106)   #83
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
ts entertainment, the announcements from some of the drivers are farcicalt.
would you describe Andy Neate's effort the same ?
Old 13 Jun 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3262140)   #84
Thorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
would you describe Andy Neate's effort the same ?
Can't say I know him very well, from what I gather he's wealthy enough to fund it easy enough so if it needed money I'm sure he could find it, however if he set himself a budget I can well believe that it's run out as the costs of building these things bear little relevance to what some tell you. I wish him luck with it.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3262162)   #85
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
Its entertainment, the announcements from some of the drivers are farcical.

For example, Girling isnt out as he hasnt paid the team for the previous races yet, simple as that.
You should know what the media guys in teams are like for putting a positive spin on things John. I was with somebody once who was writing a press release on an unsuccessful 3 lap test of a BTCC production class car at Silverstone. 3 laps with the car ****ing out oil and being on the verge of a blowup. I helped them somehow turn it into a five paragraph story on how it was a successful shakedown test and how they were taking little steps at developing the car!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3262302)   #86
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking about team announcements, how genuine is James Kay's sudden business clash last weekend.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3262336)   #87
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Speaking about team announcements, how genuine is James Kay's sudden business clash last weekend.
Very genuine, he could have ran Sunday only and just skipped Saturday, but felt it wasn't fair on the team.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3262806)   #88
Benny1
Rookie

Benny1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmm, I hope kayes absence its not actually down to him not paying up, I'd hate to think of another btcc team getting burned by a driver with bigger ambitions than bank balance...

What unavoidable business meeting is scheduled on a Saturday anyway?...
Old 14 Jun 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3262810)   #89
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
Hmm, I hope kayes absence its not actually down to him not paying up, I'd hate to think of another btcc team getting burned by a driver with bigger ambitions than bank balance...

An important one!
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3262817)   #90
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post

Kaye's a successful businessman. I believe he's in the import business?
Old 15 Jun 2013, 06:05 (Ref:3262903)   #91
Thorney
Racer

Its just a hobby to the drivers, some of them have enough talent to (perhaps naively) claim its a 'career' but bottom line they are paying a big bill to drive a race car round a track, thats got to be paid for so if their source of income (business) needs attention then so be it. Racing is no different to golf or tennis or tidlywinks its just a hobby that 40,000 odd like to watch it.