Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Dec 2002, 12:56 (Ref:458137)   #76
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Hey, if they managed to split Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia...
I wouldn't call that "splitting".
Bohemia and Slovakia were clearly two different countries, with different people, temporarily forced into one republic -- probaly to defend the Slowakians from being absorbed by another country.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 13:01 (Ref:458142)   #77
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Zinardi could out race Ralf any day of the week.
Then why didn't he do it on sundays?
Or at least on 1 of the 16 sundays?
Old 27 Dec 2002, 13:12 (Ref:458152)   #78
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Zinardi could out race Ralf any day of the week.
I would also say that Alex was very unlucky in the fact that, not only did that car not suit him but he also paired up with Rafe in the only year that Rafe really shone. I'd loved to have seen Alex in a Williams that suited his driving style a little more.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 13:48 (Ref:458172)   #79
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
I wouldn't call that "splitting".
Bohemia and Slovakia were clearly two different countries, with different people, temporarily forced into one republic -- probaly to defend the Slowakians from being absorbed by another country.
Sounds pretty much like Belgium to me.

Anyway, Zanardi is fast and a good guy too, and would have made Ralfy Boy look like a wussy puss if he got the support from the team and a decent car. (well, not that a car with a 2 year old engine is decent IMO)
Old 27 Dec 2002, 13:51 (Ref:458176)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Folks.

Irrespective of the Ralf can't race theory. You all seem to be agreeing that Alex is not of F1 capability.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 13:53 (Ref:458178)   #81
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex is capable, but not F1-style capable, if you know what i mean.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 14:06 (Ref:458186)   #82
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I agree. Today's cars did not suit his style, just like they do not suit someone like Alesi.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 22:41 (Ref:458477)   #83
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Folks.

Irrespective of the Ralf can't race theory.

No, Pete, let's milk this one a little more
Old 27 Dec 2002, 22:47 (Ref:458483)   #84
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
No, Pete, let's milk this one a little more
OK.

Supposing Ralf can't race, what does that tell us about his victims (Zanardi, Button, Montoya)?
Old 27 Dec 2002, 22:57 (Ref:458488)   #85
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

victims (Zanardi, Button, Montoya)?
3 rookies, and the first time one of these had a second seasons experience (montoya) then he finished behind his team-mate in the WDC
Old 27 Dec 2002, 23:06 (Ref:458491)   #86
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK.

Supposing Ralf can't race, what does that tell us about his victims (Zanardi, Button, Montoya)?
i think the phrase cuckoo springs to mind !

the only way that Montoya would ever be Ralf's victim , is if he passed him on with the flu or something .

Last edited by Sato san; 27 Dec 2002 at 23:07.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 23:26 (Ref:458500)   #87
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
3 rookies, and the first time one of these had a second seasons experience (montoya) then he finished behind his team-mate in the WDC
Thanks God we have Mr V in the house !

Exactly !

Second year and he beats Ralf..., and I´m pretty sure Jenson could do the same.
Old 27 Dec 2002, 23:32 (Ref:458506)   #88
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Thanks God we have Mr V in the house !
It is my role in life hehehehe

Old 28 Dec 2002, 00:09 (Ref:458541)   #89
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi was more than respectable with Lotus, consistently on pace with his teammates, including Herbert. He couldn't drive with the narrow cars and grooved tires, though. I don't think Jacques has ever been able to make the adjustment either, nor was Alesi. These just aren't proper race cars!

In the '97 cars, with reliability being equal, he'd have absolutely demolished Ralf.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 07:08 (Ref:458694)   #90
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
A few corrections if I may.

Point 1. Alex was no rookie. He'd tried and failed in F1 previously.

Point 2. Only an apologist would say that a Cart Champion is a rookie. Anyone who has beaten the cream of Champcars and the cream of European F3000 is no rookie in anybody's language and I'd take issue with Roebuck on that one.

Point3. (Before you time I believe Mr V). The posters on this forum were lauding Jensen as a 'rookie' in the truest sense for his performances against Ralf who at that time was considered pretty good.

Going back to the first point. Alex had the most massive accident yet seen at Eau Rouge. To come back to racing from that demonstrates the sheer courage of the man. I find it slightly insulting that he gets called a rookie just to seemingly justify a slieght at Ralf.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 07:26 (Ref:458698)   #91
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alex was as you correctly say no rookie. Neither did he do as badly in the Williams as some would say. As a benchmark, his team-mate hardly set the world on fire that season and he had some standing in the team as far as relationships and experience goes.

Ralf will forever be a disappointment.

Alex has earned his stripes.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 07:47 (Ref:458702)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Moff.

You ill or something. Your post looks almost sensible!!!
Old 28 Dec 2002, 08:12 (Ref:458708)   #93
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Moff.

You ill or something. Your post looks almost sensible!!!
Are you ill Peter, or are you misreading Moffats dribble?
Old 28 Dec 2002, 08:15 (Ref:458709)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nah,

Its called charity. (Well it is that time of the year.)
Old 28 Dec 2002, 22:30 (Ref:459176)   #95
Airhead
Veteran

Gentlemen,

Sorry must be slipping. I knew doing this sobber was a bad idea.

Ralf sucks - there it is said!

Now where is Ralf's Appologist to come and defend the indefensible - I miss young Steph.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 22:35 (Ref:459188)   #96
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yes!! It is the one regret I have about bashing Ralf - Ralf's Girl seems to be avoiding the F1 forum as a result, which is a pity because we were great friends. I do miss her here.
Old 28 Dec 2002, 23:01 (Ref:459225)   #97
Airhead
Veteran

I think Steph has broad shoulders - metaphorically speaking that is.

Let's resume getting stuck into Ralf.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 00:25 (Ref:459284)   #98
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I've given up on that. I'd rather concentrate on telling everyone here that Kimi will do well next year. All this negativity is not doing the Christmas spirit any good. Besides, I also think JPM will do well next year. Now that should start the tongues wagging.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 00:50 (Ref:459294)   #99
ASCII Man
Veteran

Isn't Christmas over yet?
But he's got a point there though.

Allright, i'll bring something positive too: Jacques will do fantastic next year, win several races and sign a four year deal with Ferrari (as N°1 driver ofcourse ) and thus kicking MS out who has gone out of favour with Ferrari!

Ahh yes, one can only dream of such a thing...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 29 Dec 2002 at 00:55.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 01:25 (Ref:459300)   #100
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thats not even a dream mate (as some dreams can come true), thats a full blown fantasy!