Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jan 2003, 01:03 (Ref:478644)   #76
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problem, Craig.
Well, I guess the clowns are the same fans that attend Daytona or Talladega to watch "the Big One"... they are not racing fans really.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 03:27 (Ref:478711)   #77
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kind of following on from previous posts (i've entered this one late ), no-one, well no real motorsport fan, wants to see accidents or driver fatalities, but at the same time it's not as if we should just ignore that they don't happen, they are part of the sport, the drivers who compete realise that they risk these consequences, and therefore they should be discussed if people want to.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 16:24 (Ref:479071)   #78
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed racer69. Part of what makes the drivers heroes are the fact that they fight for race wins at speeds in excess of 300 kph, therefore in a risky sport.
Obviously if you're an athlete, you are very good and you train very hard, but the risk factor in track and field is almost non-existant. The fact that the risk is high in racing is what makes the professionals special to us, their fans.
Old 15 Feb 2003, 21:25 (Ref:507931)   #79
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe
This from the web: List Drivers Killed In Action - this is obviously not all F1
MASTEN GREGORY
Better scratch Masten off the list. He had a 20 year race careeer and died of a heart attack at age 53.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 00:27 (Ref:508166)   #80
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really buy into the "it will always be dangerous, so get over it" argument. That is what people would say to Jackie Stewart when he was trying to change things for the better. I have been watching racing since I was a little boy, about 15 years, and the changes that I have seen in that time have been dramatic, yet there is always something that can be done to make things just a little bit safer for the drivers and all those involved in the sport.

As for the Tom Pryce accident, well, I feel that anybody who watches the video clips has their views of racing changed forever! I must admitt that the accident that really effected me however was the Roger Williamson accident at Zandvoort in 1973. Only David Purley stoped to help, and the rest of the safety crusader drivers just kept driving around and around, sickening! I could not help but be angry! What makes these two accidents even more frustrating is that they both could have been prevented if people would have done their job right.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1370293)   #81
Pils1989
Rookie

Switzerland
Gland, Switzerland
Pils1989 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MiniMe, Andre Pilette passed away from natural death in his hospital death.
His father died in a road crash in 1921 but not during a race.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1370433)   #82
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.motorsportmemorial.org
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 3 Aug 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1370900)   #83
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didier Pironi also died racing, but in an off-shore power boat.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1371090)   #84
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The contents of this thread are the very reason I think that the USGP should have been cancelled.