Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jun 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1020147)   #76
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hindy
You guys probably know this but Jan Magnussen has been rumoured for the Zytek entry...
That's right Hindy -- he is on the offical list that was send out today.

link
Old 29 Jun 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1020150)   #77
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I have just checked a couple of things out and it looks as if the The Farnbacher car has the same number, the same drivers etc as the Racer's Group car maybe they have linked up in some way?
Rob, this was posted on Infos Course last week: (translated from French) "Also let us note that Porsche n°81 will not be engaged any more by Racer' S Group but by the German team Fahrnbacher Racing. Two of the pilots are unchanged, Thorkild Thyrring and Lars Erik Nielsen, having actually preserved their wheel, but American Long Patrick disappeared from the crew."
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:16 (Ref:1020161)   #78
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hindy
You guys probably know this but Jan Magnussen has been rumoured for the Zytek entry...
You've got to be faster than that with news around here John, some of these guys know things before they've even happened!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1020173)   #79
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bad News I am affraid, I have just seen over on DSC that we have lost the K2 Race Engineering Car, it will not be out at the weekend, one of drivers has pulled out. That is really bad news, lets hope they are out at Silverstone.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1020182)   #80
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to see Karim Ojjeh (Mansour's son, I believe?) in the Cirtek Ferrari.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1020257)   #81
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Rob, this was posted on Infos Course last week: (translated from French) "Also let us note that Porsche n°81 will not be engaged any more by Racer' S Group but by the German team Fahrnbacher Racing. Two of the pilots are unchanged, Thorkild Thyrring and Lars Erik Nielsen, having actually preserved their wheel, but American Long Patrick disappeared from the crew."
Thinking back to DSC's Le Mans coverage, I believe the car is actually owned by Nielsen, but was run at Monza and LM by TRG- bearing in mind that TRG are going to be occupied with Grand-Am next weekend, presumably Nielsen has now moved the car to Fahrnbacher, either for this race only, or the rest of the season

Last edited by KA; 29 Jun 2004 at 16:13.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1020270)   #82
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Remember the TRG are also busy at Lime Rock this weekend with, Patrick Long driving one of there 911's. But I did read somewhere, Autosport I think, around the time of the Monza race that TRG where planning to expand into the LMES.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1020272)   #83
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Remember the TRG are also busy at Lime Rock this weekend with, Patrick Long driving one of there 911's.
The Racers Group has been a regular on the ALMS Series, haven't they????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1020440)   #84
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Interesting to see Karim Ojjeh (Mansour's son, I believe?) in the Cirtek Ferrari.
I believe it is Mansour Ojjeh's brother.
He is also racing in Formula Palmer Audi and doing much better then last year in the series.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1020561)   #85
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with johansson also not at the ring,will Zytek be there at all?
had the impression Zytek was trying not to run too many laps in lemans practise,the accident damage an what followed up may not have helped their budget...
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:33 (Ref:1020974)   #86
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
link
Sander, I read on your site today that the Pescarolo line-up will be Ayari-Collard : I think that, this time, Soheil will share the wheel with Eric Helary...

At least, that's what is mentionned on Soheil Ayari'website...

Check : Eric Helary is on the PDF file you post on your site too...

Last edited by Fab; 30 Jun 2004 at 05:37.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1021191)   #87
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by marcush.
with johansson also not at the ring,will Zytek be there at all?
had the impression Zytek was trying not to run too many laps in lemans practise,the accident damage an what followed up may not have helped their budget...
according to DSC, no Zytek this weekend- the Lister has appeared on their latest updated entry list though, for John Nielsen and Justin Keen
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1021217)   #88
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Is Kristensen driving for Goh? One entry list I read had merely Capello/Ara.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1021235)   #89
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The loss of the Zytek has not come as great shock to be honest - what Brabs and Andy Wallace of at Lime Rock etc. I hope to see to them out at Silverstone. But it good news that the Lister is out again.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:40 (Ref:1021236)   #90
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I spoke to Tom & Sam Li (team owner) at the press conference after LM 24 Tom was down to drive the remaining LMES races but things change, I'll be at the Nurburgring from tomorrow so I'll ask!

Last edited by Happy Snapper; 30 Jun 2004 at 10:42.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1021320)   #91
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Errr, Sam Li is the boss of Veloqx; Kristensen is supposed to be driving for Kazumichi Goh's team.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1021454)   #92
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the Forum, Happy Snapper....

You're going to really enjoy this place...many knowledgeable people who love sportscar racing and/or participate in it (drivers, team members, car designers, etc.)....

Old 30 Jun 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1021512)   #93
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Sander, I read on your site today that the Pescarolo line-up will be Ayari-Collard : I think that, this time, Soheil will share the wheel with Eric Helary...

At least, that's what is mentionned on Soheil Ayari'website...

Check : Eric Helary is on the PDF file you post on your site too...
Fab, that is the info the LMES org provided em two days ago, but you are right!

BTW, just got a press release from Zytek too. It is on the website and DSC was (of course) right.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 14:47 (Ref:1021532)   #94
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Don't know if this already was mentioned: Belgian G-Force team uses the former Jota car and will compete in the last 3 rounds of LMES.

It's good to see a Belgian prototype team on the European racetracks.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1021538)   #95
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Did they buy the Jota Pilbeam, or are they leasing it??

I know that it was for sale as of about a month ago...

Please advise if you know...

Thanks!

Old 30 Jun 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1021565)   #96
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Did they buy the Jota Pilbeam, or are they leasing it??

I know that it was for sale as of about a month ago...

Please advise if you know...

Thanks!
Don't know.

BTW my source was Belgian website www.pitstoptv.be

Their website is: http://www.gforce-racing.com

Last edited by FIRE; 30 Jun 2004 at 15:15.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1021745)   #97
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Errr, Sam Li is the boss of Veloqx; Kristensen is supposed to be driving for Kazumichi Goh's team.
Well spotted I didn’t say he was Toms team owner just happened to be talking to them both at the press conference after the race... just cannot trust these media types..