Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1260926)   #76
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Binnie Motorsport Lola is not on the list either... Lister must also be disappointed. Seems like Taurus Sport will keep on having a very hard time with that list; RFH too. No reserve TVR. SEVEN LMP2 Courages admitted, and both WRs in...

At least LMP1 seems promising against the P900 Audis, but for how long? GT1 will be good, and there's nice variety in GT2. The list lacks exotism if you ask me. No surprise entry springing in, not even an exotic diesel prototype or never-seen-before prototype, just evolutions and and entries coming back. Not bad though, and we can hope for the best battle for the lead we've seen since 1999.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1260931)   #77
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having watched Champion this past weekend, I have to wonder who's going to finish third overall?

I'd bet that Binnie hooks up with Intersport again this year - Bill and Frank Mountain and Clint Field in one car?

edit: I will complain about the reserve list, though.
  1. If they want to promote prototypes, why is a prototype 3rd on the list?
  2. Why is the Saleen 6th and yet another 550 2nd?
  3. When GT2 is already 50% Porsche, why are there three more in the reserve list?

Last edited by paul-collins; 24 Mar 2005 at 17:45.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1260938)   #78
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The second Champion Audi is listed as a British (GBR) entry.

it is backed by Audi UK
Old 24 Mar 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1260944)   #79
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Spyker warrant an entry? A 2nd Saleen in GT1 or another P1 would have been better IMHO.
Good to see the Lucchini on the list in P2.

No where near as many 'suprise' entrys as last year.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1260952)   #80
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are my predictions
P1
#2 Champion Audi
#3 Champion Audi
#4 ORECA Audi
P2 (probably the last car running)
#32 Intersport Lola
#34 Miracle Courage
#25 RML Lola
GT1
#64 Corvette
#63 Corvette
#58 Aston Martin
GT2
#90 White LIghtning Porche
#71 Alex Job Porche
#80 Flying Lizard Porche

The American teams are going to dominate the European teams and win every class except maby P2 (that class is always a toss up)
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1260954)   #81
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The message from the ACO seems to be if you do not complete a FULL season in either the LMES or ALMS, forget about getting an invite.

If its a choice between the 'works' Zytek and Jota, you've got to give the entry to Jota as they are a new team who went the extra mile to compete in all of the LMES races.

Its all well and good picking and choosing your races (RFH, anyone?), but the ACO are trying to build a strong LMES series as that is the only way to attract manaufactuers and top teams back into prototypes.

You can only justify the expense of an LMP these days if you are competing all season long.

Jota and Rollcentre are superb examples to any up and coming team.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Mar 2005 at 18:09.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1260957)   #82
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
agree with you, JAG
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1260972)   #83
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The Rollcentre Nissan is listed as a 3600cc engine.
Because NISMO are in the final bench-testing of 3.6ltr V6 TT
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1260999)   #84
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Fab]Nothing says it's not on the list.

But IF :

The black rocket did a quite anonymous race at LM last year ; you can be the fastest on a lap, or even three hours, or even twelve. The question is : could you be in the top ten at the chequered flag.
QUOTE]

And I expect to see the LMP2 Courages and Lolas at the end too...

How many P2s? Unbelievable. Mind you, the class put on an excellent show at Sebring...

This is appalling but ,sadly, predictable.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1261006)   #85
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Very, very unhappy about LNT not being on the list.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1261010)   #86
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=lj79]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Nothing says it's not on the list.

But IF :

The black rocket did a quite anonymous race at LM last year ; you can be the fastest on a lap, or even three hours, or even twelve. The question is : could you be in the top ten at the chequered flag.
QUOTE]

And I expect to see the LMP2 Courages and Lolas at the end too...

How many P2s? Unbelievable. Mind you, the class put on an excellent show at Sebring...

This is appalling but ,sadly, predictable.

But all of the cars are virtually brand new, give them a chance.

How many of the none Audi brigade actually have trouble free runs in LMP1, or the none works GT1 cars for that matter.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1261018)   #87
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
SimonXS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
****ing biast french *****!

WTF is this all about! No lister, No Team LNT. 11 ****ing courages! 2 slow-mo WR's, 2 pescerolo sports 2 courage sports!

2 ****ing spykers! (1 in reserve) they dont deserve to be there! they cant even set competetive laps!!! they were allmost 10 seconds off pace in sebring!

And WTF is all the Ferrari 550's and 575's? you dont need that many! its gonna be a 2 horse race between corvette and AM anyway!

Very Very Very ****ed off at the ACO bunch of *****!

**** Le mans this year, seriously thinking of not bothering

P.s that Racesport pennisula TVR is 2003's model and is well off pace, so its a back marker for sure, where as the LNT 400R has had huge amounts of development spent on it, they even hired a great driver line up, are the ****ing ACO blind????

Last edited by SimonXS; 24 Mar 2005 at 19:39.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1261021)   #88
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right so we have the final entry as normally happens on this day here are my thoughts:-

LMP1:- Pretty much as expected, I am a bit supriesed that the Lister has missed out, I also see 2 Courage Competition C60H Judd which is a bit of a suprise.

LMP2:- Lots of C65's no suprise there then. Nice to see Uncle Hugh and RML back with there Lola's. I also see Kurse have got an entry did there performance at the weekend get them the nod of over the Binnie car.

GT1:- Pretty much as expected, I think it was nailed on that both Aston would be the grid.

GT2:- Its it me or does GT2 seem a bit light on entries. I still can't get my head round why at least one of the LNT TVR's hasn't got in, I thought they had done enough at the weekend. But remember there will be one TVR on the grid in June.

Reserves:- Who are Raymond Narac and GPC Sport, I have never heard of either of them.

Overall it looks a good entry roll on June. I can't wait.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1261024)   #89
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just realised,

THE cars that have not got in are the manufacturers entries!!!

ACO are picking on manufactureres, tryin to make it a privateer race

Zytek
TVR
Lister all missing out.

THIS IS B*LLO*S
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1261027)   #90
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is one of the best lists in a long time, but a lot of missing entries..

my overview
LMP1:

Good, solid entry. A Lister would have been nice to see, but they did not commit to a full season in LMES last year. 14 is a good number of LMP1's, considering only 19 entered. I am really happy to see the 2nd Rollcentre Dallara on there. It makes me very happy!

LMP2:

I am a big Courage fan, but i do have to admit, that 7 Courage C65's is too much! I really wanted to see Kruse in the race, and they are now. But, i dont know if the 2nd Belmondo entry was needed (or the 2nd WR entry).. I never expected the ACO to let 14 LMP2 cars start. Just one year ago, there were 7 (which went down to 5 by the time the race started).. a huge increse this year. Binnie didnt get in, thats expected, because of their poor performance at Sebring.

GT1:
Just like last year.. too many ferraris, not enough variety. Well, its more variety than last year (Aston Martins, and 1 Saleen) but not where it should be. I dont know if Konrad entered or not this year, but if he did, he should have gotten an entry! They won 3 races in FIA GT last year, and were a doimant force in LMES, and FIA GT. Maybe the ACO doesnt count Konrad running in the lmes, since it was under the Vitaphone Racing banner, but its Franz Konrad who owned that team!! Graham Nash should have gotten an entry. they did a great job in the LMES last year!!! I am really seriously thinking that the ACO Hates Saleen for some reason.. (the only saleen that got in was Acemco, which had an auto entry).. I expected to see both Aston's, but i seriously expected to see at least one more Saleen!!

GT2:

Good grid, but no LNT TVR's.. that makes me very upset, since they were so much faster than the Spyker's at Sebring. If the 41 car finished the race at Sebring, they would have been 3rd in class, and that would have gotten them an entry.. I dont know, just sucks.. But its good for Panoz to get 2 entries for their eGTlm

overall: better entry list than last year, no big surprises, which is a good thing, because there wont be many slow cars. its going to be a tight , and fast paced race..
Old 24 Mar 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1261031)   #91
19dodge
Veteran

GPC sport is the team that runs 575's in FIA GT and LMES. its a new team formed last year by the Giesse guys in Italy
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1261046)   #92
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19dodge
GPC sport is the team that runs 575's in FIA GT and LMES. its a new team formed last year by the Giesse guys in Italy
But the main point is, they dont deserve a place over people like Team LNT who will be running the FULL LMES!

I think Team LNT should cancel participating in further LMES events and go over to ALMS even thoe it'd be more costly.

the french are such ******s towards english!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1261052)   #93
19dodge
Veteran

i dont think so.. look at all the british entries.. 13 british entries.. thats a lot...

The ACO is nor fair with Saleen entrants! They keep on rejecting them over a political matter, and not actual race performance on the track!!!!
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1261056)   #94
SimonXS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Portsmouth UK
Quote:
i dont think so.. look at all the british entries.. 13 british entries.. thats a lot...

The ACO is nor fair with Saleen entrants! They keep on rejecting them over a political matter, and not actual race performance on the track!!!!
But the bit which the french cant handle is the fact that the forgien entrys are better then the french, they've never been able to admit anything that'll make the forgieners look better.

Even racing for holland didnt get a second entry, even thoe they did so well in 2004.

I also agree with you on the Nash entry, they should of got in.

The ACO involve polotics too much with motorsport.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1261068)   #95
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonXS
But the main point is, they dont deserve a place over people like Team LNT who will be running the FULL LMES!

I think Team LNT should cancel participating in further LMES events and go over to ALMS even thoe it'd be more costly.

There are a dozen teams who could rightlfully claim they deserved a place on the list.

Overall the entry is very good.

I have litte sympathy for Zytek, and while it is unfortunate Lister are not in, they have delayed their new car untill 2006, and did not complete a full LMES season, so you can understand why they missed out.

Creation missed out last year but competed in the LMES and ALMS and made it impossible for the ACO to ignore them a second time.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Mar 2005 at 20:24.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1261069)   #96
19dodge
Veteran

i agree with you.. LNT deserved at least one entry. if their engine held up at Sebring, they would have finished 3rd!,, i dont understand how Racesports Salisbury can get the TVR entry, but not LNT. LNT has the pro drivers, they have the "factory spec" cars.. its a shame.

Every year, we always complain on who doesnt get in. Last year, it was Creation, Konrad, the 2nd RFH.. this year its LNT, Lister, and the factory Zytek..
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1261085)   #97
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonXS
Well my dear, there are 14 british entries and 13 french entries (I mean teams).

I don't think "the french" are *******, maybe sometimes we are ***** or *******, perhaps a little ******** but I can tell you that we and the ACO are not *****. I hope you are not ******* enough to really think this.
I also learned a day there are not only english in GBR.

So,
Good points : Saleen (one, at least), TWO Astons, 2 Pesca, many Courage, many names in GT2.

Less good points : only one Dome, only one TVR, the whole Courage fleet.

I'm certain we will have a good race, both in Protos and GT categories.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1261091)   #98
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im a bit surprised to see that LTN didnt get an entry , and RfH doesnt really deserve one cuz they havent raced since Le Mans last year . Im happy enough with the selection this year but , another Saleen would have been nice though . Did Konrad enter ? The GPC 360 in reserve !?

Its good to see that the Kruse Courage got an entry for their effort last weekend .
Old 24 Mar 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1261096)   #99
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=JAG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79

But all of the cars are virtually brand new, give them a chance.

How many of the none Audi brigade actually have trouble free runs in LMP1, or the none works GT1 cars for that matter.
and compare it to the ratio of casualties : starters in LMP2 / 675, and the constitution of "trouble free" and there is a a big gap.

Yes, new cars give them a chance - but i dont think we need this amount of Courages.

Laurence Pearce must be really p***ed. 3/4 LMES last year plus Vallelunga 6 hrs.

Pescarolo did 3/4 last year too, but voila 2 cars. BTW, I like this team and the great man.

Oreca did nothing.

And what do we have for 2006 in P1- at this moment I shudder to think...

But it's like supporting your footy team - the highs are ecstasy, the lows are dreadful, but you keep on going cos you have to.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1261099)   #100
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good grid, but no LNT TVR's.. that makes me very upset, since they were so much faster than the Spyker's at Sebring.
I don't agree with that 19dodge

41 GT2 M.Hynes/P.Pearce/R.Dean - best time: 2:09.467 (TVR 400R)
40 GT2 L.Tomilson/W.Hughes/J.Kane - best time: 2:08.246 (TVR 400R)
48 GT2 T.Coronel/M.Goossens/D.Crevels - best time: 2:08.588 (Spyker C-8 Spyker GT2 R).

But I must admit that I think Team LNT deserved an entry. You can also have doubts about the big number of Courages, 2 Cirtek cars, 2 BMS cars. And why does the Bokkenrijders (?) deserve an entry (although: good to see a Belgium team on the grid!!).

I think it's a great list with great cars and it's gonna be a great race.