Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Oct 2005, 23:59 (Ref:1436607)   #76
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just read the race re-cap on DSC (thanks for the free look, I just may have to subscribe). Good read btw.

And David Richards says that the disparity between the C6Rs and the DBR9s must be attended to before they can race in the ALMS? LoL! This is the same guy that protested the MC12's at Sebring? Too dang funny!
Old 18 Oct 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1436660)   #77
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
After watching the race on TV yesterday I had an additional comment. Penske left Massen in the car for almost three hours (close to the limit). Luhr entered the car with something like 1 hour and six minutes remaining. I'm not quite sure why they used this strategy, as Luhr was lapping very quickly in the closing stages of the race on a much dirtier track. In fact, he set the fastest lap for that car.

Of course, that time also was set in the dark, which (despite the cold front that was rolling in earlier) should be the coolest part of the race. Hence, faster times were possible. I think we all know enough about Maassen and Luhr to know that they are very close on pace. Lucas was not a fan of Laguna in a GT2 either, which may have played into their strategy. Regardless, I think Penske's strategy wasn't terrible by any means. Sascha was no slouch in the early running either.

Dave Richards really needs to stop whining about things in GT1. I liked the less formal Prodrive/CARE Ferrari effort so much better: George Howard-Chappell and Frederic Dor seem to know how not to act like babies when things don't go their way.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1437099)   #78
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Dave Richards really needs to stop whining about things in GT1. I liked the less formal Prodrive/CARE Ferrari effort so much better: George Howard-Chappell and Frederic Dor seem to know how not to act like babies when things don't go their way.'

Maybe he's getting a little worried about investing so much cash into a struggling class, after failing to convince all and sundry to ditch LMPs for the GT1 route!
Old 18 Oct 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1437350)   #79
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
And David Richards says that the disparity between the C6Rs and the DBR9s must be attended to before they can race in the ALMS? LoL! This is the same guy that protested the MC12's at Sebring? Too dang funny!
I won't see DSC until I get home, but please tell me that doesn't mean they aren't racing here until they get the car faster, which then seems like it leaves their '06 entry up in the air. OH, please don't say that!

robert.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1437351)   #80
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should have came here after Le Mans and finished out the ALMS schedule against Corvette Racing. If they would have done that the DBR9 would have been more than ready for 2006.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1437368)   #81
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
I won't see DSC until I get home, but please tell me that doesn't mean they aren't racing here until they get the car faster, which then seems like it leaves their '06 entry up in the air. OH, please don't say that!

robert.
After reading 'The Bears' latest article I wouldn't be too worried about 2006 ALMS entries.

I am getting worried about Champions 2006 prospects though
Old 18 Oct 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1437373)   #82
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yeah, that doesn't look good. It's in the hands of "the board" now.
Old 18 Oct 2005, 23:57 (Ref:1437454)   #83
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Whoa, not exactly 'wham bam, thank you mam,' but fairly close to that for Champion it seems!

I am dense, what is the S2 project being mentioned-starts with an 'M?'
Old 19 Oct 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1437498)   #84
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes perhaps? there is one running in Speed TC i believe, maybe its that team?

Or Maserati (but it isnt 4 doors lol)..

or Mazda? (Mazda 6?)

Or M3? BMW?

Just guessing..
Old 19 Oct 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1437516)   #85
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Doesn't Maseratti still make the Quartroport (not sure if I spelled that right)? Maybe it is too wide
Old 19 Oct 2005, 03:44 (Ref:1437565)   #86
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
'70 Mach 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.maseratiquattroporte.com/eng/index.html

<<Mercedes perhaps? there is one running in Speed TC i believe, maybe its that team?>>
Autohaus, the team running the Mercedes (C230 hatchbacks) is adding 4 Vipers to their fleet and moving up to Speed GT as well ... now known as Molyshield Race Team (hey ... starts with an "M"...)
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/20122/
Old 19 Oct 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1437765)   #87
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Also where on earth is the R10 for next year???- there has been no test cars banging around tracks, no signs of any engine, not even some rumours, are Audi really going to run such a radical prototype without extensive testing?????.........................is there actually going to be an R10 next year????...............................if not, what are Champion going to run...........................Zyteks? - I certainly hope so.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1437785)   #88
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jese, the Zytek really was exceptional out of the box - this is a report from its 2nd ever outing at Sebring:

"Pirro set a best lap of 1m49.819s, shading his former works Audi co-driver Frank Biela by just 0.005s. However, the surprise of the session came from the LMP 675 class DBA4-03S-Zytek driven by John Nielsen and Hayanari Shimoda, which set the third fastest time of the day."

This was at the 02s' second race EVER, without factory support and with an 18 year old Shimoda - To be P3 ahead of: 1 Joest Audi R8 in 2000 spec, 2 Bentley EXP Speed 8s (driven by incredibly drivers) and both works MG lolas and Panoz's was incredible..............................................this car could have been incredible if a Honda/Nissan/Toyota had picked it up, as it is I think it's too little too late unless someone grabs it for ALMS next year. I really hope they do.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1438012)   #89
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yes, I to posted the comment before that it's too bad a larger manufacturer didn't pick up the 02S project when it went up for sale. But at this stage of the game, it's too late. It will be a case of never knowing just how good this car could have been.

There is a nice history piece on the 02S project on DSC.

As for the R10, you're off base as usual.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1438376)   #90
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As for the R10, you're off base as usual.
Quite. One of the Audi drivers at LM (was it Marco?) let something slip that indicated the project is much further along than you claim it to be, 04s. VAG is totally off their rocker in not wanting to fund a works team in the ALMS, sure, but they aren't completely inept.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1439384)   #91
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any word on the cars that Dyson are planing on running next year. There were interviews with Dyson Team members at the track and they were saying that they wont be using the Lola next year and were hopefull of selling them to a competative team and running new cars next year.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 06:49 (Ref:1439408)   #92
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR14/WSC95
Is there any word on the cars that Dyson are planing on running next year. There were interviews with Dyson Team members at the track and they were saying that they wont be using the Lola next year and were hopefull of selling them to a competative team and running new cars next year.
They won't be running the old EX257's, but they will be running two brand new B06/10 Lola's in 2006!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1442014)   #93
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks...

Many thanks for all the kind comments and support over this difficult season.

Hope you enjoy the www.radiolemans.com site just listening to the coverage of Laguna for the first time since the event... can't belive how loud the cars are!

Hopefully we should have some good news for the coming season - announcement coming soon...

on behalf of the whole ALMS/Globecast team

John H
Old 24 Oct 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1442205)   #94
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindy
Many thanks for all the kind comments and support over this difficult season.

Hope you enjoy the www.radiolemans.com site just listening to the coverage of Laguna for the first time since the event... can't belive how loud the cars are!

Hopefully we should have some good news for the coming season - announcement coming soon...

on behalf of the whole ALMS/Globecast team

John H
Thanks to you also John for making our beloved sport all the more entertaining and understandable.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1442263)   #95
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
hindy, is the Laguna Seca race archived on the radiolemans site? I was at the race, but would love to listen to your broadcast as well. Someone posted in another thread that this is possible. I've seem to found the link, but can't get it to play. Any suggestions?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1442270)   #96
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
www.radiolemans.com

open the audio player on the site, select the practice, qualifying or part 1,2 or three of the race click play (>) on the toolbar and away you go. Depending on yur connex speed it might take a moment to get started. I've just been listening so I know it's working...

By now it should also be on iTunes for download on demand, search sport and Radio le Mans you shouldbe able to see it there. You need iTunes software of course but it does mean you can keep it on your machine...

John
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1442280)   #97
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Guess it's just on my end. I can get the audio player to come up, but when I click on the link for the race to play, or even just for live music, I get nothing.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1442282)   #98
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Nevermind, got it. It was the browser I was using. Switched to Internet Explorer and have no problems now.

Thanks!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1442295)   #99
hindy
Racer

I can't believe how good the cars sound in the background....

Well worth putting the microphone out of the booth for FX and that combined with the TV FX feed seems to have worked really well...

Plus it's a much better quality than I expected - ISDN link back to the UK makes a big difference to the web stream output. The hope is that we repeat the excercise next season to bring you the same sort of coverage and quality on the web and the Globecast satellite radio station

JH
Old 24 Oct 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1442327)   #100
hindy
Racer

Quote:
Nevermind, got it. It was the browser I was using. Switched to Internet Explorer and have no problems now.

Thanks!
Out of interest, which browser were you using (and which version)?