Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1483855)   #76
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Gazzetta is reporting that a new deal has been signed to keep the Belgian GP in Spa for "many years" to come.
Bernie's contracts don't really mean a thing
Old 14 Dec 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1484336)   #77
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Shame that a circuit with the characteristics of Spa isn't mantained by Bernie. Same happened with Nürburgring when he used Lauda accident to move the German GP to Hockenheim (during that time he was involved with circuit administration of the Motodrom AFAIK).
Old 15 Jan 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1501712)   #78
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4481386.stm

Hopefully we are close to confirmation that all is well with the world.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1501786)   #79
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
mooneyda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we all know Bernie is all about the money!! And it just happens he is been offered more money else where.
He has Russia, South africa and Turkey all offering ALOT more money to join the F1 merry-go-round and will have to drop someone to make room for at least one of these offers.

Plus the attraction that these are newly built circuits, offering better facilities for all concerned, teams, media, corporates and oh of course, Bernie!!!

I have to say I love Spa and would regard it as one of the best racing circuits in the world, so i hope it survives.

However, this is supposed to be the pinicle of motorsports and bernie and teh FIA wish to have a more non-european calendar in the coming seasons. I have to say I would be in favour of reducing the amount of European races in favour for a Russian and South African GP.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1501798)   #80
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank goodness that there are not alot of people who think the same then.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1501815)   #81
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneyda
Well we all know Bernie is all about the money!! And it just happens he is been offered more money else where.
He has Russia, South africa and Turkey all offering ALOT more money to join the F1 merry-go-round and will have to drop someone to make room for at least one of these offers.
er, the article says that Bernie is trying to save the Belgium GP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beeb
Belgian officials want him to promote the race, which he has said he is ready to do. "I'm not happy, but we need to keep Spa alive don't we?" he [Bernie] added.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:26 (Ref:1501821)   #82
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
He also threatend Silverstone ( again) despite yet another contract on top of the 15 year one he signed with BHL/Octagon/ Silverstone Circuit in 2000. Is he going break that contract as well?
Old 15 Jan 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1501825)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Presuming the 'rebuild' everything will be fine. If he breaks the contract then they can sue him. One can only presume he hasn't broke a contract with them yet!

In the context of this thread it is key that Bernie is on-board with Spa and sees it as important. Presumably they are viable, but the key is they are working together to secure the future of the race.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1501848)   #84
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
Quote:
I understand that Bernie wants to save Spa, (I can read you know )

I was simply stating that he has offers from else where which he would like to, lets say "take advantage off". Someone will be dropped sooner rather than later and If you check my post you can see I am post Spa having spent alot of good times there in the past. Same goes for Silverstone!!
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1501851)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I apologise I misinterpreted your post to mean that Bernie was looking to go to other circuits instead of Spa. Sorry.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1501882)   #86
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Thank goodness that there are not alot of people who think the same then.

Do you not think that F1 should be global then??

Surely the sport can benefit from this; both commercially and by acruing a larger more diverse fanbase in the countries it's connected to!

When details of the Russian bid for a street race were released, it seemed an exciting and well planned prospect I have to say.

Kyalami is also a fantastic circuit and has been off the F1 calender too long IMO.
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1501885)   #87
mooneyda
Racer

Ireland
Eire
Quote:
I apologise I misinterpreted your post to mean that Bernie was looking to go to other circuits instead of Spa. Sorry.
no worries!! These things happen....

Don't do it again though!!
Old 15 Jan 2006, 22:50 (Ref:1501969)   #88
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneyda
Do you not think that F1 should be global then??

Heck no!
F1 is global enough as it is, without going to 3rd world countries just to appease to ciggy sponsors and the likes.

And yes, Russia is pretty much a 3rd world country once you look past Moscow and the other big cities.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 02:41 (Ref:1504908)   #89
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the matter if F1 goes to 3rd world countries? As a F1 fan, I care only about what happens ON the track. The only reason I would like F1 to stay in Europe is the shape of the circuits, their history, their classic config., their tough and dangerous corners.

But I HATE new tracks. F1 cars seem to be noisy toys on this too huge, too wide and untasty circuits.

Corner n° 8 in Turkey is fantastic, but is it "heroic" to go through a curve flat out when there's a half-a-mile-large gravel trap (oh no sorry, a macadam one) ?

Pls save Spa.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 14:38 (Ref:1505261)   #90
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Bernie and his *people* should be ashamed...
Old 20 Jan 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1505328)   #91
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Apparently Spa is off for 2006 according to ITV-F1...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34880
Old 20 Jan 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1505430)   #92
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, that is deeply ****.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1505441)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
OK. We have two threads here. As this is a nerw development lets go with the new thread. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78428