Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1504995)   #76
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO
Well regardless mate, I think you should spend the year coming up with a couple of flash designs for 2007 and email them before them end of the year. You just never know.

I reckon create a few for the lesser-known Development Series teams. Help them out, they might give you a break and then you can build from there. I'm sure they would love any input, especially if they're as professional as the LMS one.

They can send out a press release and publicise how they used a fans idea and before you know it, you win and they win with their media attention. Would be good for any privateer team methinks. Agree? No?

Whilst we're mentioning LMS, you say Mark's a friend of the family...err....any news if Glenn will be calling him boss anytime soon?
I have tried the development idea and got nothing back, I tried contacting all the teams and offering them, what I felt was, a profesional design/s done in exchange for signage on the car. I usually got no response or, 'no thanks we're right'. I did get a couple of teams about two/three years back, I did a heap of designs and then nothing, the team didn't even compete! I have even tried Porsche Cup and Ute teams, I have given up on this as it has been a waste of time for me, I'm concentrating on Custom Painting now.

As for the Larko/Seton stuff, I have no idea, I'm in Townsville and don't get to see him alot, as you could imagine. I've heard that it could be Max Wilson as he has links with one of the engineers, but other than that, what everyone else has heard is the same as me.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1504996)   #77
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon
I have tried the development idea and got nothing back, I tried contacting all the teams and offering them, what I felt was, a profesional design/s done in exchange for signage on the car. I usually got no response or, 'no thanks we're right'. I did get a couple of teams about two/three years back, I did a heap of designs and then nothing, the team didn't even compete! I have even tried Porsche Cup and Ute teams, I have given up on this as it has been a waste of time for me, I'm concentrating on Custom Painting now.

As for the Larko/Seton stuff, I have no idea, I'm in Townsville and don't get to see him alot, as you could imagine. I've heard that it could be Max Wilson as he has links with one of the engineers, but other than that, what everyone else has heard is the same as me.
I totally agree, its hard to get anyone to even consider using your designs.

I have spent many hours over the last couple of years designing and redesigning liveries for a certain ute and monaro...only for them to change their mind at the last minute and get someone else to do it...without telling me...
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1505001)   #78
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT433
I totally agree, its hard to get anyone to even consider using your designs.

I have spent many hours over the last couple of years designing and redesigning liveries for a certain ute and monaro...only for them to change their mind at the last minute and get someone else to do it...without telling me...
So true, I remember a discussion we had after the ute was launched!

I was also chased by Seto through a crowd at Indy to get one of my designs he just signed. He wanted to show the manager, asked me and before I could say yes he was off into the trailer with it. I told him I would be back the next day and bring some copy's with me. We came to an agreement and I produced 16 designs for him. I then found out through the press he had sold the team! I was left with 16 useless designs as Ford do there own stuff in house.

Thats another thing, alot of todays teams have there own designers in house or as a sponsor.

Another point, Holden want all there cars, Holden Sponsored, to have similar DNA in the design, yet I can't see it!
Old 20 Jan 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1505019)   #79
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, someone mentioned that one the other day...very good

it helped with this quickie...

Bravo.... HRT that is awesum nice work
"Im struggling to find adequate superlatives to describe this performance"
Old 20 Jan 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1505033)   #80
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
How come nobody has had a go at the Jeld-Wen Courtney car?
Funny you should mention that - thats the car i'm trying to get to look good, and at the same time trying to learn Photoshop.

anyway, thanks for the tips in photoshop - i'll give it a shot and see how i go.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1505084)   #81
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James63
As a long time support of LMS, I have to say I am tired of the current look. That looks a heap better, but I dare say emailing them ideas now would be a bit late, I dare say liveries for most teams would be almost finalised.
I used to do Mark's signs when he first started up until the AU when i left the company that did them. He used to do all the designs himself with a bit of input from me and my boss.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 20 Jan 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1505091)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
how about an LG livery for Triple 8 to run in China...
So is the Dominos Pizza branding real, or wishful thinking?

I know 888 was talking to a major coffee company for signage... but I thought Dominos wouldnt play because KFC is a platform sponsor of the series....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jan 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1505095)   #83
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
So is the Dominos Pizza branding real, or wishful thinking?

I know 888 was talking to a major coffee company for signage... but I thought Dominos wouldnt play because KFC is a platform sponsor of the series....
Dominos is real, it's on the wing end plates on the photo for there 06 season countdown on the inside of V8X Magazine, issue #31.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1505563)   #84
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddon
So true, I remember a discussion we had after the ute was launched!

I was also chased by Seto through a crowd at Indy to get one of my designs he just signed. He wanted to show the manager, asked me and before I could say yes he was off into the trailer with it. I told him I would be back the next day and bring some copy's with me. We came to an agreement and I produced 16 designs for him. I then found out through the press he had sold the team! I was left with 16 useless designs as Ford do there own stuff in house.

Thats another thing, alot of todays teams have there own designers in house or as a sponsor.

Another point, Holden want all there cars, Holden Sponsored, to have similar DNA in the design, yet I can't see it!
This means you did designs for the silver AU Falcon of his? Or perhaps you updated it to a BA version prior to him selling to Prodrive.

Dude, you gotta post those designs. I would love to see "what could've been" and so would most Ford fans.

Particularly if Glenn chased you for the design, that's very impressive mate. Mate do us a big favour and post it here, would be a nice piece of trivia for Glenn Seton fans!

Sorry to hear that it's been that much of a struggle, didn't realise even the development teams were difficult about it. Shame. You got some great ideas going.

Cheers mate.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1505603)   #85
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
This means you did designs for the silver AU Falcon of his? Or perhaps you updated it to a BA version prior to him selling to Prodrive.
I didn't design the silver one he drove in 02, I was doing designs for the 03 season for him. Glenn was going to move away from the Siver idea, but I convinced him to stay with it, just make it a brighter silver which he agreed with. At the time I only had AU templates and everyone was very tight liped about the BA, still hadn't been released at Indy, once the new year rolled around I tried to get a BA template but he had sold the team and they didn't want anything to do with me.

Quote:
Dude, you gotta post those designs. I would love to see "what could've been" and so would most Ford fans.
I basically did a whole folder full of designs for that season, one for every team. The plan was to get the drivers to sign them and try to show the managers what I was capable of. I got some good responses from drivers. Murph said that he thought my Kmart design was quite good and congratulated me on it. Paul Weel asked to have a look at the whole folder and liked a lot of what he saw. Did a few for Bruce & Steve Ellery who also liked the designs and got copies. Chris Sheehan the Orrcon (not LMS) Sponsorship Liason & Marketing Support guy asked me to send him my designs, this is where it got hard for me, Larko asked me not to send them as he had alredy designed the 03 livery and had merchandise made to suit, so i didn't send them and have been kicking myself and wondering ever since! Unfortunatly I had a hard time getting all the drivers to sign the sketch's, so it realy wasn't that success full, I haven't done anything like it since, just a few here and there that got no where as usual. Always get the old 'Love it But,' line.

I will post the one Seto wanted but you'll have to put up with it being a sketch, I don't have the technology to do it in Photoshop, yet, so here you go.
Old 20 Jan 2006, 23:37 (Ref:1505635)   #86
STEVO
Veteran

Nice stuff!

Thanks for that mate!

Cheers.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1505696)   #87
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
These are a few more that I did, I liked these ones more than the rest.

Old 21 Jan 2006, 06:03 (Ref:1505725)   #88
Lowndes Fan
Rookie

Australia
Home
Lowndes Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My FPR CAT Racing Livery:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9374/cat5tn.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8025/cat68wn.png

Thanks,
Lowndes Fan
Old 21 Jan 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1506298)   #89
STEVO
Veteran

Interesting designs Lowndes Fan, but the livery have very little to do with Ford Motor Compnay and the FPV brand. Doesn't really do it for me.

Afterall, this is the branded factory team and the flagship group to represent Ford on the race track.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1506306)   #90
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Quote:
Interesting designs Lowndes Fan, but the livery have very little to do with Ford Motor Compnay and the FPV brand. Doesn't really do it for me.

Afterall, this is the branded factory team and the flagship group to represent Ford on the race track.
I have to agree with you on that Stevo, I think if you redid the Falcon to be more prodominant it should work abit better.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 01:34 (Ref:1506406)   #91
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
A very simple Fujitsu/Britek, sort of a combination of their two colour schemes from last year...

...an what could have been, had Perkins and Castrol not gone their separate ways for 2006...
Old 22 Jan 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1506411)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hear the pain you guys are sharing about designs not being accepted by the shinybums in charge of the teams.

I suffer with the fodder put forward by very expensive art directors and fancypants creative types... where they head off the rails is losing the basics, that simple designs are often better than really convoluted things....

Somehow the perception has built up inside big business that if an external consultant comes up with an idea/concept that costs a shedload to produce, that it is somehow better than ideas generated internally, or informally

These designs are very good, all of them.. the hand drawn sketches of the GSR Ford Credit car are very nice (I like the top one myself, looks like Uncle Sam Goes Racing ) and regularly better than what ends up on the circuit....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jan 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1506429)   #93
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Here are two designs that I did up for last season, could carry to this season though. Thanks to HRT433 for taking them from a sketch to this.

Old 22 Jan 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1506529)   #94
STEVO
Veteran

Yum!

That is sexy!

I love the Ford Credit one. Maybe change the silver to white though?
Old 23 Jan 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1507080)   #95
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Here is a HRT one that I did for last years comp, thanks again to HRT433 for turning the sketch into this.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1507083)   #96
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee i like that a lot better than the car they ran, keep up the great work!
Old 24 Jan 2006, 02:22 (Ref:1507773)   #97
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
CAT/FPR
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:03 (Ref:1507796)   #98
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Best CATFord I've ever seen HRT433
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:26 (Ref:1507802)   #99
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn that's a nice CAT Ford, my only nitpick is I think the C's a bit big.

Speaking of which, why isn't your logo on the design?
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:39 (Ref:1507804)   #100
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
I'm in to minds about it, I think it looks brilliant but at the same time maybe abit to busy/cluttered, as in all the colours in the lines. Another top job though HRT433.