Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Mar 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1555439)   #76
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many miles would you expect to do in FBMW or FR for those budgets?
Old 21 Mar 2006, 05:54 (Ref:1555463)   #77
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FBMW cost is crazy. For those in Asia it is even worse. They have to travel thousands of miles to visit Malaysia, China, Japan, Thailand and so on. They want to expand to the Middle East and Australia, too! I don't understand why F BMW in Europe is national but in Asia it is international, it drives the costs towards heaven and it markets itself as a beginner's formula. Just to get to Bahrain for the scholarship test it is an 8 hour flight from Hong Kong or Singapore.

I really think someone ought to come up with something cheaper and more sensible then FBMW.

Also, I think F1 should have a proper support package. When I visit a MotoGP, I saw 125cc, 250cc and 500cc bikes. But at an F1 race all I am sure to get is an F1 race. Apparently in Australia you get 10+ support races but in Malaysia you get Porsche Cup and FBMW Asia only. Every race have a different support package, why can't it be standardized? Bernie is supposed to favour the McDonalds business where a value meal (burger, fries and drink) is the same in the USA or UK or Australia. Why can't F1 have a standard support package anywhere it travels? It will be good to get GP2 and F3 on the package. Bernie might have to invest first but long term I think it will be good.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1555661)   #78
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because GP2 teams can't afford to travel to non-European races, let alone F3 teams.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1555766)   #79
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FBMW cheaper alternative - multichassis supply - spaceframes allowed - BMW K1200RS engine. Control slicks that last 3 meetings without significant drop off (it is possible). Wings etc..

Cost of running in that series? about the same as FF1600 with the added cost of running a new car
Old 21 Mar 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1555814)   #80
B2000V8
Rookie

B2000V8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, i never imagine so many answers. The best hint for me was the one from istrigant: the page he named (www.two4f1) is in my language that´s fine But the idea there is also good. So I will buy a piece from the car and help Theobald to become a f1 star
Old 22 Mar 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1557402)   #81
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman
Because GP2 teams can't afford to travel to non-European races, let alone F3 teams.
F1 just never bothered with support packages. Bernie only wants to sell the slots to the highest bidder.

With the money he gets from the promoters and title sponsors like Gulf Air and Qantas, he could easily ship GP2 and F3 cars along with F1. But nope, he is only interested in the money not the entire package.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1557474)   #82
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes its a shame that national F3 series do not suppprt thier GP more often