Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jan 2024, 08:16 (Ref:4191545)   #1001
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
Excelr8 were rumoured to have bought 1 for all the standard btcc components of it
Hmmm, just for spares or to build another car? We know they have said they’d support customer teams.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 08:33 (Ref:4191546)   #1002
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
On the Execlr8/Cupra thing, I understand they did buy the car solely to strip it of any useful components. The striped shell was then returned to the finance company, so they now have 3 to sell.

Restart have the two 2023-built Cupras. Smiley will be in the ex Dan Lloyd car, Sumpton in teh ex Thompson/Cress car
Old 12 Jan 2024, 09:37 (Ref:4191551)   #1003
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post

I'd say there's maybe only five teams I'd be willing to bet the house on actually making it to the grid this year. (WSR, AmD/Motorbase, Excelr8, PMR & Restart). There's a whole lot of question marks elsewhere.
You'd lose your house given that AmD have had nothing to do with the championship for years and it's Alliance Racing not Motorbase!

Joke out of the way, it doesn't seem a great situation for the championship based off the rumours posted on this forum. Thinking positively, there's 3 months until the season starts so lots can change in that time.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4191553)   #1004
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
You'd lose your house given that AmD have had nothing to do with the championship for years and it's Alliance Racing not Motorbase!

Joke out of the way, it doesn't seem a great situation for the championship based off the rumours posted on this forum. Thinking positively, there's 3 months until the season starts so lots can change in that time.
4X WSR
4X NAPA
4X Excelr8
4X Toyota
3XPMR
2X Restart

Rumours indicate Toyota will be back with a split 2/2 branding across cars. That gives us 21 entries that seem relatively secure.

Interesting to see if the other potential 6 slots are filled.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4191554)   #1005
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Josh Cook not sounding at all confident about being back for this season in an interview on BTCC.Net
Old 12 Jan 2024, 11:09 (Ref:4191559)   #1006
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Josh Cook not sounding at all confident about being back for this season in an interview on BTCC.Net
That'll be a shame if he can't get a top seat. I've always rated him, right from his Powermax days.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 11:17 (Ref:4191560)   #1007
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
4X WSR
4X NAPA
4X Excelr8
4X Toyota
3XPMR
2X Restart

Rumours indicate Toyota will be back with a split 2/2 branding across cars. That gives us 21 entries that seem relatively secure.

Interesting to see if the other potential 6 slots are filled.
If Gamble stays at Speedworks I expect two Car Gods cars & two Gazoo.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 11:31 (Ref:4191561)   #1008
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hmm. Cook to Toyota? Apparently they have an all new driver lineup.
I guess Collard is linked to WSR, but where would Butcher go? If the grid size has been cut even further, there must be a lot of people fighting over a small amount of available drives (presumably there’s not much to give from Napa and Excelr8?)
Old 12 Jan 2024, 11:37 (Ref:4191562)   #1009
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram?Team engaging with personal sponsors
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N Performance???Title sponsor confirmed
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing -3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom?Scheduled for official BTCC filming
Alliance Racing -4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne? 
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkington? 
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorgan? 
West Surrey Racing-3Team BMWBMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportButcher?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportCollard?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-3Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportGamble?Team stated they are working on a deal
Speedworks Motorsport-4Toyota Gazoo RacingToyota Corolla GR SportHuff?Team stated they are evaluating
Power Maxed Racing-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraWatson?Scheduled for official BTCC filming
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León SumptonConfirmed in Press Release
One Motorsport-1One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -2One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
One Motorsport -3One Motorsport?Honda Civic Type R???? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-1????????? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-2????????? 
CMB Racing-1????????? 
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamics

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources

Last edited by crmalcolm; 12 Jan 2024 at 12:00.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4191563)   #1010
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Excelr8 Hyundai are going to announce something at the AI. Probably confirm Tingram for another year
Old 12 Jan 2024, 14:09 (Ref:4191585)   #1011
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
If Gamble stays at Speedworks I expect two Car Gods cars & two Gazoo.
If the rumours if an all new line-up at Speedworks are true, maybe 2 Starline cars, one for Moffat & a-another under that banner!?!
Old 12 Jan 2024, 14:33 (Ref:4191588)   #1012
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
one for Moffat & a-another under that banner!?!

That would be Josh then.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4191590)   #1013
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do wonder if Josh could leave the series and find a new challenge
Old 12 Jan 2024, 14:45 (Ref:4191591)   #1014
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
If the rumours if an all new line-up at Speedworks are true, maybe 2 Starline cars, one for Moffat & a-another under that banner!?!

That could make a lot of sense.

And then maybe the aforementioned greater Car Gods involvement may end up scooping up some of the TBLs that seem to be in the ether at the moment.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4191600)   #1015
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Moffat ends up at Toyota under the Starline banner, perhaps the 2 x AMR TBLs could be Car Gods run by Excelr8 ? Just a thought in my head..
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4191603)   #1016
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe we could potentially lose upto 3 teams, HARD Included. All struggling for either Finances or drivers with enough budget to fill the seats.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:26 (Ref:4191608)   #1017
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Begs the question… how much longer can NGTC survive?
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4191609)   #1018
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

I’d say at least three more years after this one. Although I can’t see it lasting forever
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4191615)   #1019
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
We could always bring in TCR as Class B to make up the numbers.

Maybe TCR are too close in performance. We need something much slower so we can have a compilated handicap format with each class running a different number of laps.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4191617)   #1020
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Believe we could potentially lose upto 3 teams, HARD Included. All struggling for either Finances or drivers with enough budget to fill the seats.
Unless someone shows proof it’s all hear say at the moment
Team hard have gone which other 2 teams would go?
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:46 (Ref:4191618)   #1021
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:
Well we know we’ve lost Team HARD, rumours that One have closed up shop, so who’s the 3rd team?
Old 12 Jan 2024, 16:59 (Ref:4191623)   #1022
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
We need something much slower so we can have a compilated handicap format with each class running a different number of laps.
And the championship winner comes from one of the bottom classes too?

Surely the only other option would be TCR - I’m not sure whether there would be any clashes with TCR UK holding the rights or ‘blocking’ another standalone TCR championship?

…but as far as is confirmed, we’ve got 27 entries this season, so perhaps too early to worry!
Old 12 Jan 2024, 18:24 (Ref:4191640)   #1023
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
From what I've heard, One Motorsport have shut up shop. If that true, plus questions over what happens with the Moffat/CBM TBLs, things aren't looking good.
Just posted about ASI on social media, so hopefully a good sign.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 18:55 (Ref:4191644)   #1024
techspeed
Rookie

techspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gow understandably downplayed the significance of series mainstay 'Dynamics packing up shop last year and citing an unfortunate series of events conspiring to make it impossible for them to continue but there have been other warning signs that the sustainability and health of the series is going in the wrong direction; see the reduced grid size, the trend towards fewer teams overall but teams running more cars, the fact that at least one new build/model was a regular occurrence each pre-season which is no longer the case at all, and more I'm sure.

The quality of the entrants in the mid to late 2000s was a mixed bag and arguably the health of the series was weaker than in 2010s when NGTC really got into it's stride but you would have seen 'Dynamics do what they could to stay in the series, even if it meant running Dave Pinkney, and I'm sure Matt Neal explored as many options as he could but it appears costs were/are unrealistic.

Now we've seen Hard and possibly One Motorsport go as well. Hard were one who you felt would be on the grid by hook or by crook...

I guess if you'd back anybody to reverse the decline it would be Gow, I wonder what ideas having been crossing his mind? Ditching the Hybrid would be the obvious one but it would compromise his belief in the the series being modern and relevant and I doubt getting out of the contract would be cheap or simple either.
Old 12 Jan 2024, 19:27 (Ref:4191652)   #1025
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I would suggest that the financial problems are far, far broader than what type of car is raced.

If things go on internationally as they are, we'll be pleading with Jeff Bezos to allow an Amazon Van class in as the premier championship category, but there will have to be mandatory delivery stops every couple of laps.

I joke, but... The ongoing concentration of wealth in the hands of an extremely small number of people will come to something before long. Either capitulation on "our" behalf, or the collapse of many aspects of what we term normality now. Racing is a frivolity, enjoy it while it lasts!