Alinco 0 0%
Other - let me know!! 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Aug 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2748843)   #1001
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Why not turn the scanner on when you get there, press the scan button, then pressit again when you find the active frequency.
The problem with that is that unless there's a lot of traffic on the required frequency it can take a long time for the scanner to find it. Took me over two hours last time I tried!
Old 23 Aug 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2748892)   #1002
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They didnt work at this years FOS,so i wouldnt bother bringing one.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 13:15 (Ref:2748943)   #1003
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
I didn't think that Scanners were allowed at either Goodwood event?
As far as I know, they're not allowed anywhere. They are tolerated.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2748946)   #1004
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
Message from BRSCC Race Control at Brands Hatch yesterday -- "If anyone on Post 4a is listening on a scanner, please put the phone back on the hook."

Sounds pretty allowable to me.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2748964)   #1005
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There was a prolonged thread about this a few months back.
The gist was that as long as they aren't abused they could be used. Unless UHF / digital radios are used in which case they are as was quoted about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2748972)   #1006
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
FATNACKER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet marshal View Post
They didnt work at this years FOS,so i wouldnt bother bringing one.
Hi Joe, My scanner worked ok at the FOS, Although i was at the top of the hill!! Which might help? To answer Number Sixs question, The frequency is in the 400s? My scanner has worked fine at the revival for the last few years. Im at work at present when i return home i will look up the frequency we used last year and post a thread. (If i can find it?)
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2748975)   #1007
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
I think maybe Goodwood transmit on a UHF frequency which means your normal VHF scanners are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, save your batteries and leave them at home.

Bladders.........
Hey Bladders i think you should leave that old valve set of yours at home this time.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2748981)   #1008
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATNACKER View Post
Hey Bladders i think you should leave that old valve set of yours at home this time.
Nothing wrong with valves dear boy, I have got one somewhere in my body!!!!

Bladders.....
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2748982)   #1009
SamWaters
Rookie

England
West Sussex
SamWaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But doesnt it say in the final instructions for the Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting that scanners are not allowed to be used?

I know this has been the case for both events for the last two years at least.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2749004)   #1010
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamWaters View Post
But doesnt it say in the final instructions for the Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting that scanners are not allowed to be used?

I know this has been the case for both events for the last two years at least.
Ah, but I am not there in my official capacity this year, and there is no such restriction for the great unwashed.

Besides, I want to know what you lot are up to.

Last edited by numbersix; 23 Aug 2010 at 15:38.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2749006)   #1011
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Nothing wrong with valves dear boy, I have got one somewhere in my body!!!!

Bladders.....
Just one!???
Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2749026)   #1012
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think maybe Goodwood transmit on a UHF frequency which means your normal VHF scanners are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, save your batteries and leave them at home.
At FOS this year it was 456.100. As the fella says, if you have a Maycom, you won't be able to receive that frequency.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2749057)   #1013
SamWaters
Rookie

England
West Sussex
SamWaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, but I am not there in my official capacity this year, and there is no such restriction for the great unwashed.

Besides, I want to know what you lot are up to.

Ah that would explain it, sorry for assuming you would be using it on post
Old 23 Aug 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2749213)   #1014
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON

Quote:
Anyone know the scanner frequency used at the Revival?

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil, As promised ! The frequency we used last year was
456.062 WFM
Old 24 Aug 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2749361)   #1015
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Hi Phil, As promised ! The frequency we used last year was
456.062 WFM
Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

And thanks to all.

My Maycom is on its way out so I am considering upgrading to something with a better frequency range. I'd better think quickly, it's not far off now.

Thanks again,

Phil

PS. The guy leaning over the barrier offering you a nice cup of Lapsang Souchong and telling you what the ^&*%£$@@'s going on with the delay, will be me!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2749363)   #1016
zakeriath
Racer

Wales
Swansea
zakeriath should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=numbersix;2749361] My Maycom is on its way out so I am considering upgrading to something with a better frequency range. I'd better think quickly, it's not far off now.

QUOTE]

Be aware that a few of the clubs could be moving to a digital radio system next year, so unless you are thinking of buying one of these, your new scanner could be made redundant very quickly.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2749384)   #1017
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakeriath View Post
Quote:
My Maycom is on its way out so I am considering upgrading to something with a better frequency range. I'd better think quickly, it's not far off now.
Be aware that a few of the clubs could be moving to a digital radio system next year, so unless you are thinking of buying one of these, your new scanner could be made redundant very quickly.
Now I'm confused. My normal circuit is OP and I've not heard of major changes there. EBay could be busy if they all change over
Old 24 Aug 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2749534)   #1018
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
Quote:
Thank you Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

And thanks to all.

Thanks again,

Phil

PS. The guy leaning over the barrier offering you a nice cup of Lapsang Souchong and telling you what the ^&*%£$@@'s going on with the delay, will be me!
Hi Phil OLd Fatnacker here again, Ive just found another frequency which you could try if the first one dosent produce, Sorry to make it a bit confusing but this one was used a couple of years ago 457.355. Its not too far from the first one so you could flit between the two? Good luck! Happy scanning
Old 24 Aug 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2749598)   #1019
Wet marshal
Racer

England
TETBURY
Wet marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=FATNACKER;2748972]Hi Joe, My scanner worked ok at the FOS, Although i was at the top of the hill!!

Thanks for that Colin, I was on crossing 3 ,in a Hole!

Must get a bigger aerial.!!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2749824)   #1020
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Hi Phil OLd Fatnacker here again, Ive just found another frequency which you could try if the first one dosent produce, Sorry to make it a bit confusing but this one was used a couple of years ago 457.355. Its not too far from the first one so you could flit between the two? Good luck! Happy scanning
Thanks again. What make of scanner were you using?

Phil
Old 25 Aug 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2750005)   #1021
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
Quote:
Thanks again. What make of scanner were you using?

Phil
Afternoon Phil, The scanner i use is an ICOM IC-R5, Ive had this for a few years now and i think its been up-dated by a newer model? But it ticks all the boxes! At most circuits i can recieve race control, And if its available i can also pick up the commentry.Its only very small approx 3"x2.5" with a 5" aerial, And it fits nicely in the top pocket of yer oranges!. Have a look on the MAPLINS web site or even better pop into one of there stores and have a play, Or have a look on ebay you might pick one up there? The other question is how long will analog scanners be of use?? Dont know how long it will be before circuits change to Digital, Think this was covered earlier on this thread! Cheers for now. Colin.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2750007)   #1022
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Quote:
Afternoon Phil, The scanner i use is an ICOM IC-R5, Ive had this for a few years now and i think its been up-dated by a newer model? But it ticks all the boxes! At most circuits i can recieve race control, And if its available i can also pick up the commentry.Its only very small approx 3"x2.5" with a 5" aerial, And it fits nicely in the top pocket of yer oranges!. Have a look on the MAPLINS web site or even better pop into one of there stores and have a play, Or have a look on ebay you might pick one up there? The other question is how long will analog scanners be of use?? Dont know how long it will be before circuits change to Digital, Think this was covered earlier on this thread! Cheers for now. Colin.
This is a warning. I shall find you at Goodwood and force an abundance of Stella Artois down your throat! So there! (Are you going and what post are you on?)
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2750025)   #1023
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No paperwork has been issued yet, to my knowledge. Go on someone say you have recieved yours.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 16:53 (Ref:2750050)   #1024
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't received mine, but I know which post I'm on!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2750148)   #1025
FATNACKER
Racer

United Kingdom
WILTON
[I]Hi Phil, Very kind To Offer to force Stella down my throat, However im not a stella drinker! More on the lines of a real ale drinker really, I dont do larger of any sort!Two fizzy and it gives me a banging head in the morning? No mate im glad to be of help, I am doing the revival, And i do know which post im on! I will tell you later, As i dont think its fair to divulge it before the paperwork and passes are issued out . But yes i look forward to meeting you and have a natter, I wont be in orange or white but in period dress as im a flaggie.