Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Dec 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3694582)   #1001
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport News has written that BTC have indeed bought the Cruzes from PMR, along with their TBLs.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3694583)   #1002
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Motorsport News has written that BTC have indeed bought the Cruzes from PMR, along with their TBLs.
As has been said numerous times before, Smiley will be in one of them, would love to see Stockton in the other one.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3694587)   #1003
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
As has been said numerous times before, Smiley will be in one of them, would love to see Stockton in the other one.
It has been suspected but never confirmed for sure.....
Old 7 Dec 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3694591)   #1004
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
frankly so far the pre season is a bit dull

it develops to be yet another Team Dynamics VS BMR VS WSR season with Motorbase as dark horces who are likely to get the Indy title
Old 7 Dec 2016, 19:41 (Ref:3694598)   #1005
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

it develops to be yet another Team Dynamics VS BMR VS WSR season with Motorbase as dark horces who are likely to get the Indy title
Id rather it be a bit dull than losing big teams and drivers.

And the grid is so full, we cant really have an exciting silly season without some casualties. Unless the teams conduct a sort of secret santa. Every drivers' name goes in the hat and team bosses pick them out. Should spice up the driver lineup.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3694604)   #1006
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

What would you prefer - a number of teams to drop out causing headlines?

Dynamics, BMR, WSR and Motorbase combined will be putting out 13 cars that are capable of winning on a regular basis. Many championships would be crying out for a field that strong.
Add in the intrigue of how the Vauxhalls will run, alongside the Mercs and MGs who could also take races.
Then you add the VWs, Toyotas, Audis etc. and the pre season is shaping up to be a good one I feel.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3694631)   #1007
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Dynamics, BMR, WSR and Motorbase combined will be putting out 13 cars that are capable of winning on a regular basis. Many championships would be crying out for a field that strong.
Add in the intrigue of how the Vauxhalls will run, alongside the Mercs and MGs who could also take races.
Then you add the VWs, Toyotas, Audis etc. and the pre season is shaping up to be a good one I feel.
Completely agree.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:17 (Ref:3694698)   #1008
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's not even 2017, so it can hardly be classed as pre-season just yet - still post-season 2016 as far as I'm concerned!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3694725)   #1009
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're all feeding the troll.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3694727)   #1010
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...n-with-new-car

intresting read for those who are interested
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:09 (Ref:3694729)   #1011
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...n-with-new-car

intresting read for those who are interested
I spoke to a member of the team at Thruxton who said they were potentially looking to build Mazda's. It's a shame they won't be on the grid this year though.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3694733)   #1012
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice little read on Welch Motorsport, genuinely think it would be a shame to lose a team that showed the potential it could be quick and competetive when it worked!

Another team who were one of the first to embrace and take on the NGTC platform, hopefully they can get back onto the grid
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3694735)   #1013
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't get the fuss about them to be honest. They should have taken a sabbatical before this to get their house in order, they surely must regret the years wasted with that package.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2016, 10:32 (Ref:3694738)   #1014
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I don't get the fuss about them to be honest. They should have taken a sabbatical before this to get their house in order, they surely must regret the years wasted with that package.
This. Their hopeless and stubborn efforts to make their own engine work were a waste of TBL to be honest.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3694788)   #1015
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

The fact is the grid is now so good, but the cream will always rise to the top. As I said in a previous post it's now an achievement to get into the top ten at all. Which is no doubt why the points now go down to 15th
Old 8 Dec 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3694804)   #1016
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
This. Their hopeless and stubborn efforts to make their own engine work were a waste of TBL to be honest.
Yes, 2015 was an embarrassment.

However they got some solid results in 2016, particularly at the start of the year. And in previous years they been mid pack.

What I like about Welch, is that when NGTC regs were introduced they were not afraid of getting stuck in and building one - presumably with a limited budget. For that reason, I was always happy to see the likes of him and Rob Austin do well.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3694814)   #1017
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Yes, 2015 was an embarrassment.

However they got some solid results in 2016, particularly at the start of the year. And in previous years they been mid pack.
Yep, when they ditched their own engine and focussed on racing again they did well Showing they should've done it much earlier.

Quote:
What I like about Welch, is that when NGTC regs were introduced they were not afraid of getting stuck in and building one - presumably with a limited budget. For that reason, I was always happy to see the likes of him and Rob Austin do well.
That I completely agree on, but those merits don't last forever.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3694819)   #1018
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
I think Dan's best result was a 4th (if memory serves me correctly) so he could be there or there abouts.

the season of running his own engine was just a shambles!

Also according to his wiki page.....

As of 2016 he drives for motorbase performance, this was announced on the 5th of December 2016.

am I missing something?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3694823)   #1019
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post

Also according to his wiki page.....

As of 2016 he drives for motorbase performance, this was announced on the 5th of December 2016.

am I missing something?

You will probably find some over enthusiastic fan has seen his TBL go out on loan and gone "oh Dan Welch must be at Motorbase then!" and edit Wiki. I read they were planning on two cars in 2018 and taking a sabbatical this year only today...
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3694825)   #1020
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
You will probably find some over enthusiastic fan has seen his TBL go out on loan and gone "oh Dan Welch must be at Motorbase then!" and edit Wiki.
Would love this to happen though!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3694827)   #1021
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
Quote:
You will probably find some over enthusiastic fan has seen his TBL go out on loan and gone "oh Dan Welch must be at Motorbase then!" and edit Wiki. I read they were planning on two cars in 2018 and taking a sabbatical this year only today...
that's what I thought as well but you never know, article did say that he hasn't given up on getting a drive for 2017 so may still see Dan on the grid.

Kieran Gallagher stating on Facebook he was also making a return to racing but no indication as to what series so maybe one to watch
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3694832)   #1022
pagey318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
that's what I thought as well but you never know, article did say that he hasn't given up on getting a drive for 2017 so may still see Dan on the grid.

Kieran Gallagher stating on Facebook he was also making a return to racing but no indication as to what series so maybe one to watch
Don't think that will be BTCC, he struggles for funding big time. He was linked to SOPR but obviously (and rightly so!) they didn't get a TBL, so unless they are going racing elsewhere...

Unfortunately I cannot see their FB page as they blocked me for calling them out on their engine photos!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3694836)   #1023
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
Quote:
Don't think that will be BTCC, he struggles for funding big time. He was linked to SOPR but obviously (and rightly so!) they didn't get a TBL, so unless they are going racing elsewhere...

Unfortunately I cannot see their FB page as they blocked me for calling them out on their engine photos!
Nothing on the FB page regarding any announcements last post was also on the 3/12.

I know Kieran struggles for funding which is a shame as hes a decent driver
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:15 (Ref:3694837)   #1024
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Just looked through SOPR facebook page. Are they on another planet? .... Pics of RML sign, when they don't have any TBLs.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:25 (Ref:3694839)   #1025
pagey318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Just looked through SOPR facebook page. Are they on another planet? .... Pics of RML sign, when they don't have any TBLs.
In fairness to them bud, they went there before TBLs were announced. But the engine picture they put up is a 2015 engine. I pulled them up on it and so did Adam Weaver, then the TBLs got announced and they blocked me lol