Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Oct 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3461622)   #1026
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
With Jono Webb being keen enough to originally accept a drive in the Lago Lambo, but subsequently relieved by Steve Owen, could we see him in the Quinn McLaren ? There's certainly a strong link there and his Sandown V8SC drive showed that he's on the pace.

That's a good thought there. I wonder if McLaren will push a factory driver there way though.

Quote:
Inaugural Bathurst 12 Hour race winner Peter Fitzgerald has confirmed plans to return to the event next year in an Audi R8 LMS Read More

Good to see Peter back but it'll be odd to see him not in a Porsche.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3461623)   #1027
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
With Jono Webb being keen enough to originally accept a drive in the Lago Lambo, but subsequently relieved by Steve Owen, could we see him in the Quinn McLaren ? There's certainly a strong link there and his Sandown V8SC drive showed that he's on the pace.
Presuming Mr Webb isnt busy with a main game seat of course...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Oct 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3461957)   #1028
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know its not Bathurst 12hr related but BMW have just announced the new M6 will replace the Z4 as the flagship GT3 from 2016 on, could we see a new M6 at Bathurst before we see a Z4 again????

http://www.motorsport.com/gt/news/bm...-for-2016-bmw/
Old 7 Oct 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3461959)   #1029
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are we safe to assume no Webber in 2015?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3461986)   #1030
goat69
Racer

goat69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

Looking forward to this event, especially with the recent additions creating a wide variety of cars.

Not sure if i am doing this in the right thread but i'm looking for some info for a first time visitor for the event/place.

I'm looking at staying for a few days and wondering about places to stay? Places to eat?

Do you catch up at the event? Would be nice to meet some of you. I haven't contributed much but regularly log in and enjoy the news and banter.

Thanks

Glen
Old 8 Oct 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3462011)   #1031
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat69 View Post
Hi Guys

Looking forward to this event, especially with the recent additions creating a wide variety of cars.

Not sure if i am doing this in the right thread but i'm looking for some info for a first time visitor for the event/place.

I'm looking at staying for a few days and wondering about places to stay? Places to eat?

Do you catch up at the event? Would be nice to meet some of you. I haven't contributed much but regularly log in and enjoy the news and banter.

Thanks

Glen
Great that you will be attending the 12hr and Bathurst for the first time Glen.
You'll love the race, the town and the racetrack. I lived in Bathurst for years and would move back in a heartbeat if the missus would allow
If your looking for motel accommodation in Bathurst itself, then it will probably be too late already and that's including some of the motels having a minimum 4 night stay policy and slightly increased prices such as the motel that i stay in each year. Wotif site is one of the best to check for this.
If you can't find any motel accommodation in Bathurst itself, then towns like Orange, Blayney, Cowra etc aren't a million miles away (Cowra the furthest at around 1 hour) Pub accommodation may be an option also.
There are a couple of van parks around Bathurst including Kelso (5 min from Bathurst that would most likely still have vacancies.
There is also camping areas at the track itself and you can find the relevant info on the official 12hr site.
As far as filling your guts, you won't have a problem finding something you like in Bathurst with all the usual fast food outlets there, some great and varied restaurants, clubs and pubs.
As far as a meet up, i'm sure that something will be organised closer to the event, especially after realizing that half the regulars on here were within shouting distance of each other this year without knowing it.
Im sure that some of the other guys on here will add some more info for you, however feel free to PM me if you wish and i will also fire you off an invite to our 12hr fan sub forum where we have about 27 members. You will obviously have to log in to sign up and may not work on the tapatalk set up.
Welcome again and I'm sure that the whole experience will be everything that you hoped.
PS, watch out for that rich07 guy
Old 8 Oct 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3462015)   #1032
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Hey goat69, in my opinion the best way to experience the race is to camp at the bottom of the mountain for a couple of days, is relatively cheap in comparison to the v8 supertaxis weekend, and ya cant beat walking through the front of the pits on a friday night checking all the teams working on the cars and of course the friday night track walk...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3462024)   #1033
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadz44 View Post
Hey goat69, in my opinion the best way to experience the race is to camp at the bottom of the mountain for a couple of days, is relatively cheap in comparison to the v8 supertaxis weekend, and ya cant beat walking through the front of the pits on a friday night checking all the teams working on the cars and of course the friday night track walk...

We usually do the pit walk on the Saturday evening, but what is this "Friday night track walk" you speak of?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3462133)   #1034
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
We usually do the pit walk on the Saturday evening, but what is this "Friday night track walk" you speak of?
Nadz likes to do a romantic evening circuit walk each year ( with a few long necks).

In terms of a catch up, I think what may work best is to do it on the Saturday afternoon. Eg 4pm Murrays corner at the Bathurst museum or something along those lines.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3462345)   #1035
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd yort View Post
In terms of a catch up, I think what may work best is to do it on the Saturday afternoon. Eg 4pm Murrays corner at the Bathurst museum or something along those lines.
That sounds like a good solution to me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat69
Not sure if i am doing this in the right thread but i'm looking for some info for a first time visitor for the event/place. I'm looking at staying for a few days and wondering about places to stay? Places to eat?
Glen,

One of my party is camping averse, so I no longer camp in the paddock area like we did for the 2 24hr races. In 2012 and 2013 we stayed at a motel in Orange; in 2014 we stayed in Oberon. Both are about a 45 minute drive to the track from memory. Each of those years was a reasonably late booking, and Bathurst was well sold out. For 2015 I booked in July and got 3 nights in Bathurst, but even then there wasn't much left.

Like reload says, food won't be a problem in and around town. At the track there is a cafe in the pits behind the garages, the usual vans up at the top, and of course if you score a corporate ticket, you'll get fed in one of the pit suites.

Cheers, Mike.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3462355)   #1036
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
, but what is this "Friday night track walk" you speak of?
Me and the boys (about 12 of us) will grab a few drinks on the friday night and do a lap of the track which ends up taking about 3 hours hahaha....
Old 8 Oct 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3462356)   #1037
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Nadz likes to do a romantic evening circuit walk each year ( with a few long necks).
HAHA not far off Troy...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3462361)   #1038
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Me and the boys (about 12 of us) will grab a few drinks on the friday night and do a lap of the track which ends up taking about 3 hours hahaha....
Sounds like a good idea.

Do the security guys let you wander through or are you making your way onto the track more discreetly?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:40 (Ref:3462373)   #1039
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
At the end of a long day that will probably be in the mid thirties, i have to say that a 3hr walk up and around the track wouldn't even enter my mind
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3462374)   #1040
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
That sounds like a good solution to me .

Glen,

One of my party is camping averse, so I no longer camp in the paddock area like we did for the 2 24hr races. In 2012 and 2013 we stayed at a motel in Orange; in 2014 we stayed in Oberon. Both are about a 45 minute drive to the track from memory. Each of those years was a reasonably late booking, and Bathurst was well sold out. For 2015 I booked in July and got 3 nights in Bathurst, but even then there wasn't much left.

Like reload says, food won't be a problem in and around town. At the track there is a cafe in the pits behind the garages, the usual vans up at the top, and of course if you score a corporate ticket, you'll get fed in one of the pit suites.

Cheers, Mike.
Was that van or vans up the top Mike ?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3462375)   #1041
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah, come to think of it, by the time we drive down from Brisbane Thursday and spend the day Friday wandering around with drinks in hand, we're pretty much toast by about 9pm
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3462376)   #1042
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
Was that van or vans up the top Mike ?
Only one, and they were busier than a one armed juggler!

Hopefully there'll be a couple more this year.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3462377)   #1043
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

A time and place to meet up will be great, but 4pm on Saturday sounds like about the mad hour for qualifying, so it will be Reid Park for me
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3462378)   #1044
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do the security guys let you wander through or are you making your way onto the track more discreetly?
I walked a lap at night a few years back, the guards were happy to let us through.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3462379)   #1045
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Quote:
A time and place to meet up will be great, but 4pm on Saturday sounds like about the mad hour for qualifying, so it will be Reid Park for me
Yep, we'll still be at McPhillamy.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3462403)   #1046
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Sounds like a good idea.

Nah mate, they are actually quite easy going, even with noticeable alcohol they still let us on for a wander, i think they only stop vehicles that do not have a special pass that signifies they are residents of the track...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3462406)   #1047
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Anyone have any pics of the Edwards Bentley that's testing at PI today ?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3462420)   #1048
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not according to this...... http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/eve...o/race-program

Draft schedule is different to 2014. (4pm was just an example).
Old 9 Oct 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3462421)   #1049
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Not according to this...... http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/eve...o/race-program

Draft schedule is different to 2014. (4pm was just an example).
Gotcha jd. I'm sure that we'll come up with something a little closer to the event.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3462788)   #1050
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Anyone have any pics of the Edwards Bentley that's testing at PI today ?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1791273&type=1

not sure if you can see it but they have a fb page Flying B racing