Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Mar 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2408840)   #1051
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
No , you cant say an Audi is a Dallara . Dallara was contracted to build the tub for Audi uniquely . This is then an Audi .

AM ordered an existing tub , that is homologated by Lola already . There lies the differance .

If AMR/Prodrive ordered a new design , and build by Lola . homologated it . Then It could be called an Aston Martin .

Nissan had Lola build them a chassis for Group C ..... but it was build and paid for by Nissan , so its a Nissan . Porsche used amongst others Thompson , but It was still a Porsche 962 .

The 2 Dauer 962 GT were Thompson chassis , but were still Porsche's too .
Old 4 Mar 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2408854)   #1052
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Larnach View Post
I do believe Lola was responsible for the CFD and manufacturing... then again I could be wrong.
'Fraid in the case of the bodywork you are wrong
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2408922)   #1053
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
I don't know what is going on, but it all just ****es me off. As if suceeding in doing what I've dreamed of for many years wasn't hard enough, they find a way to shoot themselves in the foot before they've even started.
Actually, the "foot shooting" (though that's the wrong body part) has been going on for quite a while.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2408936)   #1054
Adam Larnach
Rookie

United States
San Diego
Adam Larnach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
No , you cant say an Audi is a Dallara . Dallara was contracted to build the tub for Audi uniquely . This is then an Audi .

AM ordered an existing tub , that is homologated by Lola already . There lies the differance .

If AMR/Prodrive ordered a new design , and build by Lola . homologated it . Then It could be called an Aston Martin .

Nissan had Lola build them a chassis for Group C ..... but it was build and paid for by Nissan , so its a Nissan . Porsche used amongst others Thompson , but It was still a Porsche 962 .

The 2 Dauer 962 GT were Thompson chassis , but were still Porsche's too .
That was precisely my point. Aston Martin was offered to "buy" the design to speak, but they declined.Then again Lola isn't cheap by any means. Our new 2009 spec wing cost 10,000 pounds.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2408939)   #1055
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Miguel Ramos joins line up.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73553
Old 4 Mar 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2409083)   #1056
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ramos! didnt see that coming. he did do well with vitaphone and is well funded
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2409375)   #1057
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What prior Proto experience does Ramos have before this move to AM?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2409441)   #1058
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
None AFAIK- Purely GT1 so far?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2409446)   #1059
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
Ramos! didnt see that coming. he did do well with vitaphone and is well funded
More bags of cash, then. Ideal would be to have Enge / Mucke / Turner in one car and Primat / Ramos / Charouz in the other (there's two cars in LMS, right?), but I fear that won't happen.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2409455)   #1060
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
More bags of cash, then. Ideal would be to have Enge / Mucke / Turner in one car and Primat / Ramos / Charouz in the other (there's two cars in LMS, right?), but I fear that won't happen.
The paying drives wouldn't be too happy i guess if they got a car for themselves!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2409483)   #1061
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
More bags of cash, then.
If you are expecting 'bags of cash', you may want to grab a chair and sit very comfortable.... ! He may bring something (vodaphone perhaps) but don´t expect to see here a 'traditional' paying driver.

Ramos had raced for RML in 2004 with the MG-Lola EX257 (5th in LMS with one 5th pale and three 6th - 9th in Le Mans 24)
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2409484)   #1062
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The paying drives wouldn't be too happy i guess if they got a car for themselves!
What I'm saying. And I suspect Mr.A. Charouz will want Mucke, Enge and Charouz Jr in one car.. Turner / Ramos / Primat? I feel a little sorry for Darren if that's the case...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2409525)   #1063
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder who the three drivers will be if the 3rd car does go to LM.

Would Enge, Mucke and Charouz go into the AMR Eastern Europe entry if it does go?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2409549)   #1064
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These lineups are certainly somewhat behind Audi and Peugout. Combine the diesel advantage, problems between Lola and Aston and inferior drivers, i have a hard time seeing Aston challenge Audi and Peugout.

I'm happy Aston has moved up to LMP1, but if they want to win Le Mans (and competing as a factory entry that has to be the goal), i think they have to step up. Hopefully they will give themselves time to develop, and continue the program into the new regulation.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2409587)   #1065
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Aston Martin dont stand a chance to challange over a 24 hour period , possibily next year . 2009 is a big learning curve for them , so they dont need the best of drivers
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2409622)   #1066
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 16:15 (Ref:2409666)   #1067
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Aston Martin dont stand a chance to challange over a 24 hour period , possibily next year . 2009 is a big learning curve for them , so they dont need the best of drivers
Not to rain on anyones parade but I am not so sure that it won't end up a one and done with the P-1. And then concentrate on the customer based GT programs. They already seem to be money challenged for this project. Example being Richards trying to take credit for the car, yet not pay up at Lola to do so.

L.P.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2409726)   #1068
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, that negativity is very, very...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 21:50 (Ref:2409913)   #1069
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin itself is reportedly up for sale again, or at least part of the Middle Eastern owner's shares.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2409941)   #1070
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Aston Martin itself is reportedly up for sale again, or at least part of the Middle Eastern owner's shares.
Not good!.
Isn't it the Middle Eastern parts which laid down the money for the Le Mans Project?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2409953)   #1071
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Le mans project is, commercially, nothing to do with Aston Martin - It is an Aston Martin Racing project and is commercially structured and justified as such by AMR - not AM.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2410082)   #1072
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Astonmartinracing.com has been recently updated, nothing special though.

http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng/thecars/lola
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...9/thecars/lola

Last edited by deggis; 6 Mar 2009 at 07:26.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2410091)   #1073
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously the crisis is catching up with project. Paydrivers signing in on the drive, I am worried.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2410297)   #1074
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're not the only one thats worried about the project Aslak, it does indeed appear that in these early stages the Project is already running into difficulty much like the Swiss Spirit Lola Audi of 2007, That project ran into difficulty early on after only a race or two. However in that case the circumstances were different to now but im skeptical as to how AMR will come out the other end after this, it would not surprise me if AMR switched to a LeMans only programme.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2410353)   #1075
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
Obviously the crisis is catching up with project. Paydrivers signing in on the drive, I am worried.
If you mean the financial crisis Nope, the programme was commissioned by AMR when that was well underway - My firm guess is that an element of pay driver input always was required to make this viable - Unless of course a further big money sponsor emerged (which in the current climate is, let's face it, unlikely)

Remember that if anything signing pay drivers makes it MORE likely that a team will race at the events pre-publicised - I have no doubt that we'll see AMR in the LMS as well as LM