Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2412381)   #1101
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Way too much talk about the damaged tub . Im just happy that after a 13G inpact , Enge is ok !!!

As I said before ..... dont they still have one of last years tubs knocking about ? I assume the B08 & B09 tub is the same ? But It may sound the death bell for the Eastern effort .
Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2412383)   #1102
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
didn't one got sold?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:45 (Ref:2412386)   #1103
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Way too much talk about the damaged tub . Im just happy that after a 13G inpact , Enge is ok !!!

As I said before ..... dont they still have one of last years tubs knocking about ? I assume the B08 & B09 tub is the same ? But It may sound the death bell for the Eastern effort .
Hmm, as I posted. Were not the cars from last year owned by Charouz? One of them at Speedy Sebah now and the other already being upgraded with the "AMR body panels to become the Eastern European AMR entry? And if it is owned by Charouz then I doubt it will be the death knell of the effort.

L.P.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2412388)   #1104
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG View Post
Third car was due to be delivered soon (if not already) i suspect this may be the end of the third cars entry at LM........
hmm, I'll try to be a bit more optimistic!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2412420)   #1105
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, as I posted. Were not the cars from last year owned by Charouz? One of them at Speedy Sebah now and the other already being upgraded with the "AMR body panels to become the Eastern European AMR entry? And if it is owned by Charouz then I doubt it will be the death knell of the effort.

L.P.

The AMR Eastern is a new chassis . So there is still one kicking about . But maybe that was last years test hack ?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2412427)   #1106
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The AMR Eastern is a new chassis . So there is still one kicking about . But maybe that was last years test hack ?
Hmm, I do not think so.
Quote:
“Lola’s binding contract with Aston Martin is for two cars...

L.P.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2412436)   #1107
The Badger
Veteran

Oh right ..... I thought there was 3 in build .
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2412445)   #1108
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, the 3rd car IS new. Who the buyer was, officially, may not be the same, but the new tub is due to arrive at Banbury in a few days.

What the status of a replacement tub might be, and whether the 2nd Charouz tub from last year is a) in the possession of Charouz or AMR and b) is suitable for build-up into an '09 Lola-Aston are both open questions.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2412449)   #1109
amdb7gt
Rookie

England
elland, west yorkshire
amdb7gt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet Martin Birrane is adding a few noughts to the invoice for a replacement tub!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2412481)   #1110
The Badger
Veteran

I bet that tub can be repaired back at Mr.Birrane's workshops .

Interesting to see if that chassis number ever apears again . What chassis number was it ?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2412484)   #1111
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I bet that tub can be repaired back at Mr.Birrane's workshops .

Interesting to see if that chassis number ever apears again . What chassis number was it ?
Starting a season with a repaired tub? Think a repaired carbon fibre structure is never as good as a new one ...
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2412490)   #1112
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Starting a season with a repaired tub? Think a repaired carbon fibre structure is never as good as a new one ...
And i don't believe its allowed!
When the Tub has been crashed once, i don't believe it can be restored to the same safety!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 21:35 (Ref:2412528)   #1113
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its allowed when the tub builder approves it, done last year with the Kruse Lola. Depends of course on the damage.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2412547)   #1114
The Badger
Veteran

Of course its allowed ..... your hardly going to fork out anything up to 1.3 million that can be bashed into armco and thrown into the bin , are you ?

What happens when a suspension arm punctures a chassis ? ..... Its repaired .

You cut out the damaged section , after approval from the stress boys , and repair it in accordance with an approved drawing , which in this case would come from Lola . It may have to go back to the Lola workshops for a more extensive repair , and autoclave treatment though . Most teams wouldnt have that facility .
Old 9 Mar 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2412601)   #1115
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Intersport had a tub that was repaired. I don't think it was the one that later broke in half when jacked up. Intersport had a fair few tub repairs
Old 9 Mar 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2412604)   #1116
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Intersport had a tub that was repaired. I don't think it was the one that later broke in half when jacked up. Intersport had a fair few tub repairs
Does there exist a picture of that incident?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2412608)   #1117
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Badger points out, if it can be done safely, it is done readily. That's really the issue - not every piece of damage done to a tub can be repaired. He should know about repair, since in his profession things have a nasty habit of falling out of the sky if due diligence is not maintained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I don't think so. It was one of the old MG Lola 675 cars. I'm not sure it was as dramatic as the statement sounds...
Old 9 Mar 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2412614)   #1118
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I never saw a photo, it was described, probably on DSC, as a loud crack and it slithered off the jacks.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2412657)   #1119
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
as a loud crack and it slithered off the jacks.
LMAO ..... sounds fairly terminal !!! ..... a loud crack .....
Old 10 Mar 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2412663)   #1120
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is a sound, sending the chills thorugh the spines of the poor mechs!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2412702)   #1121
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
i know i saw them somewhere, maybe EI, or planet lemans
Old 10 Mar 2009, 02:21 (Ref:2412715)   #1122
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
That is a sound, sending the chills thorugh the spines of the poor mechs!
That would depend on what kinda crack your talking about Aslak !!!
Old 10 Mar 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2412775)   #1123
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Imagine being the driver in that car, and thinking everything is normal, and then it cracks, and thats it!.. It must be terrible!, also for the team owner!.
I would love the see that break on picture or see the incident on video (which probably is impossible)
Old 10 Mar 2009, 07:45 (Ref:2412779)   #1124
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Intersport incident happened in pitlane at Infineon Raceway midway through Friday testing in 2004
Old 10 Mar 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2412816)   #1125
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
High resolution pics here:
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...sting/lmp1lola

exhaust:
http://www.pitlane-vision.com/images.../3/img_007.jpg

I think the Aston Martin badge on the front is a bit cheesy (and not very aerodynamic?). Are they going to put badge on the steering wheel too?