Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jul 2024, 04:13 (Ref:4219827)   #1126
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nico deserves a chance at one of the leading hypercar teams. I suspect that the driver feels like he is waisting prime years with Peugeot so far.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 16:03 (Ref:4220097)   #1127
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Nico deserves a chance at one of the leading hypercar teams. I suspect that the driver feels like he is waisting prime years with Peugeot so far.

What a thing it would be if Peugeot manage to sort their issues and understand their car over the winter and come out punching off the line next year.

Which of the top teams are looking for a driver though?
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:34 (Ref:4220111)   #1128
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
What a thing it would be if Peugeot manage to sort their issues and understand their car over the winter and come out punching off the line next year.
Atm sounds like a fan's dreams, nothing more. For example the 963 which, let's be honest, sucked in the first season still had flashes of pace in its first season and even led a race for 2/3 of its duration. So far nothing like that for the 9X8W and it doesn't even look like they're going forward significantly. Sure P8 at Sao Paulo was best result yet but it wasn't on pace, not at all. And they got beated by a Lambo at Le Mans.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 18:27 (Ref:4220119)   #1129
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post

Which of the top teams are looking for a driver though?
Reportedly Porsche.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4220129)   #1130
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
He could join Pascal Wehrlein, EF world champion.
Hope they manage to sort their issues of course but they must prove it this year. And keep the good drivers they have atm.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 16:38 (Ref:4220281)   #1131
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think Aston will be looking for experienced drivers, I would guess they might run a Dane train team again, but there are several drivers who could run in their prototype.

Muller has to be a decent chance, Gounon aswell sort of same family, and he is one GT guy that really deserves a shot unless he is tied to Renault.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4222892)   #1132
tomcug
Veteran

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2024/...-for-2025.html
There's nothing official available but I wonder if this might be most expensive hypercar program of all manufacturers.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4222896)   #1133
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Not only expensive but time consuming too. I don't recall J-E Vergne speaking freely about the lack of performance. Far from the usual BS.
Old 2 Sep 2024, 07:19 (Ref:4225186)   #1134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Brilliant weekend at CoTA for the # 93 finishing in the top 12. The end of the race was breathtaking, the french car overtaking any GT till the end. Way be we've been lucky enough to witness the transition from 505 to 205. With those people you never know!
Old 2 Sep 2024, 08:00 (Ref:4225203)   #1135
tomcug
Veteran

But at least one of the Alpines did very good
Old 14 Sep 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4226472)   #1136
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
But at least one of the Alpines did very good
Update: still valid! Mont Fuji Q: Peugeot secure the 14 th and 18 th place but at least the #93 Pug has been "faster" than the #36 Alpine. Baguette battle! I wonder if their CEO wants to sell car in Japan…
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4226480)   #1137
tomcug
Veteran

As sad as it is, I don't think it's a surprise anymore to see Peugeot embarrass themselves on yet another track. Maybe in 2025 with even newer updates... maybe. But honestly this machine looks like it's beyond saving.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4226482)   #1138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I fear we will never know what's happening there. My 2pcs is that there is no connection at all between the designers and the pit crew. Like a very complicated system delivered without the owners manual if this makes sense. That's why they've been putting so much pressure on the drivers' shoulders for a while, they need quite a lot of feedback. We have a proverb here sayin: if a chicken finds a knife he won't know what its for…
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:35 (Ref:4226484)   #1139
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I fear we will never know what's happening there. My 2pcs is that there is no connection at all between the designers and the pit crew. Like a very complicated system delivered without the owners manual if this makes sense. That's why they've been putting so much pressure on the drivers' shoulders for a while, they need quite a lot of feedback. We have a proverb here sayin: if a chicken finds a knife he won't know what its for…
But why? It's an all a French project, no teams worldwide with different cultures.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:49 (Ref:4226486)   #1140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd say its what we call "une voiture d'ingénieurs". Almost perfect on the paper and wind tunnel but when it comes to have proper suspension/aero settings, sht happens. Different depts of the same company totally unable to work together. This is French.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 11:01 (Ref:4226497)   #1141
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doomed from the point they decided no rear wing, there is a reason why most the cars end up looking the same.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 11:14 (Ref:4226499)   #1142
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Really Peugeot didn’t do their research. They need to go away and come back properly prepared next time
Old 14 Sep 2024, 12:06 (Ref:4226503)   #1143
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think as fans we can all agree we love cars that are out the box, I adored the Deltawing and the Nissan, I love seeing stuff like that, and in the past they might have worked, the Nissan I do not think was ever given enough of a chance, but this Peugeot has, it is clearly a flawed design on normal tracks, the only place it has worked remotely well is Qatar, a billiard table, the winged car hos not looked good anywhere as it is compromising the original design, never a good idea.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 13:20 (Ref:4226511)   #1144
tomcug
Veteran

The wingless car looked good at least in Qatar, Le Mans, Monza & partially in Bahrain (good 2022 performance and poor 2023 which was surprising). The winged car is good nowhere.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 13:43 (Ref:4226515)   #1145
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s still nowhere near the requirement to be competitive with or without wings. As I said, they need to go away, rethink how they do things and come back with a car that’s much more competitive. They are wasting their time atm
Old 14 Sep 2024, 13:50 (Ref:4226516)   #1146
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It’s still nowhere near the requirement to be competitive with or without wings.
It's not but the wingless was at least good somewhere. As flatlandsman said earlier, these cars are quite complex so it's not that you can slap a wing, take off some underbody aero and fix a broken design that way. They seem to be stubborn enough to continue trying this "fix" this Frankenstein tho. But maybe Peugeot should just ask ORECA to make a good car for them?
Old 14 Sep 2024, 14:09 (Ref:4226517)   #1147
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
It's not but the wingless was at least good somewhere. As flatlandsman said earlier, these cars are quite complex so it's not that you can slap a wing, take off some underbody aero and fix a broken design that way. They seem to be stubborn enough to continue trying this "fix" this Frankenstein tho. But maybe Peugeot should just ask ORECA to make a good car for them?

Yes, they didn’t think this through when building this car did they? And now they haven’t made progress. They would have been better off letting someone else like ORECA design the car for them yes
Old 14 Sep 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4226528)   #1148
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
They should return to wingless car and get Red Bull on board so they have wings if needed.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4226537)   #1149
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
But maybe Peugeot should just ask ORECA to make a good car for them?
Or buy a second hand Isotta?
Old 14 Sep 2024, 16:49 (Ref:4226550)   #1150
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's sad to see them struggling so much, the 908 wasn't always reliable but it was crazy fast, it took LMP1 cars years and becoming practically spaceships to finally beat their LM lap record, the 9x8 on the other hand is seemingly neither reliable nor fast.