Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 May 2003, 16:42 (Ref:592560)   #1151
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair enough. So not shorter races. That i should think is agreed now. (I don't think Ayse's or Tony's sentiments will be any different to you on that one D)
Old 7 May 2003, 17:23 (Ref:592595)   #1152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo

*I only suggest this ranking idea because it would be a better measure of performance, and wouldn't result in ill feelings over disco's or connection problems. If it were say just a simple average, Ayse would be 2.29, and D would be 1.8, which on the face of it, is slightly more representative of true performance than the league standings would currently suggest.
The only trouble with this is you'd have to have a minimum number of races to count. I've taken part in every race, others haven't. If I hadn't raced again after my win in race 1 at Monza, I'd be quids in!
Old 7 May 2003, 17:25 (Ref:592597)   #1153
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Fair enough. So not shorter races. That i should think is agreed now. (I don't think Ayse's or Tony's sentiments will be any different to you on that one D)
I really don't mind all that much. I think the occasional "sprint" race interspersed with the longer ones wouldn't be a bad idea. Like, say, at Mosport - which seemed to go on for ever......
Old 7 May 2003, 17:32 (Ref:592605)   #1154
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, a summer break will do me good and should also help me close the gap to u guys. As for race lenght it does not bother me.
Old 7 May 2003, 17:38 (Ref:592614)   #1155
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair enough guys.

So what is there at the moment that we do all want for next season?

Summer Break i think is all so far, but these things seems to be at least under discussion

varying race lengths
dropping championship element
Race on Sunday, praccy following tues evening.

And mentioned:-
1 hour qualifying

So, shall we sort out varying race lengths?
Old 7 May 2003, 18:49 (Ref:592689)   #1156
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right,

Its so annoying that i do not have access at work to the net, and tonight i have been karting since 5pm.

Race day. I do not know about you but a weekend for me is a no go area (in summer anyway), I will be at race circuits spectating (pembrey this weekend, croft 2 weeks after, etc) or racing (karts) all summer, at least twice a month, and it seems unfair to scedule TTFL around me, Weekdays are then the only real option for the summer months to get race numbers up (I might be wrong here but..). If you really want to wait till october before starting up again for weekend races then i do not mind.

Dropped championship. Difficult one this, If any of you can come up witha suitable method of gauging performance then I am all for it. But it is alot of work for someone to do, could be tricky to apply in every circumstance, then again if someone does it then, who knows.

Could try a 2 class system, the faster drivers and 'slower' drivers in another and have a 2 class championship. just an idea

Varying race lengths. Do not mind this one, places like glen/mosport seem to go on for ages, Motion passed, lol

1 hour qualifing, If you want to do it then fine, but it means upto 2hours for one race, and that is getting silly and if evening races are being done then it means more hassle, we will see.

Anyway they are my opions and you are open to discuss/cut to shreds, lol.

Tony
Old 7 May 2003, 18:57 (Ref:592696)   #1157
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony_Simpson
Could try a 2 class system, the faster drivers and 'slower' drivers in another and have a 2 class championship. just an idea
Now that sounds like a good idea to me

Would it be possible to race on other tracks apart from the Papy ones?
Old 7 May 2003, 19:12 (Ref:592714)   #1158
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Personally, i think that 8pm is too late anyway. Infact, weekday evenings are going to be impossible to fit in around peoples eating times etc (well at least for me, i don't get to decide when my mum makes supper)

Weren't we gonna have a summer break Tony? But i see your problem there.

Hmm. Friday nights maybe?

It seems unless you wanna get up at 5am to race then it is always gonna be difficult.

Anyway, i like the two class idea, but how do you decide who's in each class? For instance, sometimes i'm fairly close to you guys up front, other times i'm nowhere near. Where to you put me and anyone else like me?
How do you manage two championships, how do you organise it all?

As for tracks other than papy tracks then i am most definitely game for that. I'd love to have a competetiv race round say Leipzig, or Le Mans
Old 7 May 2003, 21:07 (Ref:592865)   #1159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Heavens, so much to talk about and no time tonight!

Another couple of small thoughts.

1. I want to race all the cars
2. I want to race at the 'Ring
3. I want to race at some non-Papy circuits.
4. I have no intention of not racing at all for 4 months!

But more on this tomorrow, maybe....
Old 7 May 2003, 21:11 (Ref:592869)   #1160
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
"4. I have no intention of not racing at all for 4 months!"

????

1. Uhuh,
2. Yes
3. !!!Yes Please!!!
Old 7 May 2003, 21:17 (Ref:592885)   #1161
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. why not, (season 1 was done so that people could get used to the race format)

2. yes, it was always in my plan to race there (I need to lower my gpl rank )

3. Yeah why not.

4. Hows the new season starting in late september/early october.???

It was always my plan to have some sort of summer break anyway. Just to give us some time of a break, and get new ideas/etc/etc out in the air.
Old 7 May 2003, 21:37 (Ref:592916)   #1162
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
"i have no intention of...

Not going to do what ever follows

...not racing

In other words, Ayse is going to keep racing all summer regardless!
Old 8 May 2003, 07:05 (Ref:593113)   #1163
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:

In other words, Ayse is going to keep racing all summer regardless!

Yes I am.

Is everyone else going to take the summer off then?
Old 8 May 2003, 07:08 (Ref:593117)   #1164
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Not exactly....

It just seemed like a good idea that the TTFL should take the summer to regroup.

No, i've got a long summer pretty much from June 19th, right the way up the beginning of August to race online. I'm on holiday all August, but i think the following 5 and a 1/2 weeks is more than enough time for racing
Old 8 May 2003, 07:21 (Ref:593138)   #1165
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I have made a start on improving my connection.

Broadband is now installed, did you not notice now fast this reply was, 10 times faster infact !!!

As it stands at the moment there is little chance of me competing in a championship as I will be unable to attend all the races. However I would like to join the races that I can attend just for fun.

Could we use a summer break to run some "Non Championship" races at the original circuits Aintree, Mallory Park, Brands Hatch etc ? Or perhaps something like the Tasman series.

Anyway just and idea.

Simon
Old 8 May 2003, 07:22 (Ref:593140)   #1166
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'd like to do that.

Tenthsman Series?
Old 8 May 2003, 12:35 (Ref:593437)   #1167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll be more than happy to run "occasional" ad-hoc races (say inter short) at non-Papy circuits. I'll post here (probably in the "Praccy Races" thread when I know I'm going to have time to do it. Crystal Palace first, I think!!

I suggest everyone downloads and installs the Historic Rank circuits.....
Old 8 May 2003, 16:27 (Ref:593681)   #1168
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've got an idea. Why don't we hold races for the Munchausen rank tracks? It'd be fun to complete that particular rank together. Not least since they are all supposed to be fun tracks (And Red Rock Speedway sure is)
Old 8 May 2003, 17:37 (Ref:593771)   #1169
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, not for me. I've got quite enough tracks I'm useless on as it is. There's still plenty of work to do on the Papy 11, the Challenge Rank and Historic Rank tracks. I really can't be bothered with any of the rest that I don't have already.
Old 8 May 2003, 17:55 (Ref:593800)   #1170
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK

When you do have a race at Cp though, i'll definitely try to be there. I've never raced there, but i know it'd be really good fun
Old 8 May 2003, 19:17 (Ref:593884)   #1171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep - we can agree on that. I'll try and set aside some time to host it this weekend. I'll post somewhere roundabouts when I do.
Old 8 May 2003, 19:18 (Ref:593885)   #1172
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just downloaded

Crystal Palace
Aintree
Mallory Park
Donnington Park

I tried Brands as well but that will not load so will try again later. Any other worthwhile tracks ? I don't want too many, just ones that will be raced on.

I assume that I just install the tracks as normal and they will show up on VROC as well, or do I have to do something else ?

Simon
Old 8 May 2003, 19:45 (Ref:593911)   #1173
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Where do u want me to start - Goodwood, Beal Vally, Oulton, Le Mans, Le Mans (the car park, come campsite), Bathurst.......
Old 8 May 2003, 20:14 (Ref:593939)   #1174
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well i haven't got Mallory Park.

But CP is where you need to start

Thornham?
Croft?
Snetterton?
Brands Indy?
Old 8 May 2003, 20:18 (Ref:593941)   #1175
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Got all of them

Last edited by rdjones; 8 May 2003 at 20:19.