Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Sep 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3304088)   #1176
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marsh and park place have post race penalties for avoidable contact with scuderia Corsa in the closing stages of the laguna race taking it out of a podium finish.this now puts scuderia Corsa 4 points from Magnus.so both gt and dp championships are up for grabs at lime rock.might be exciting.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:57 (Ref:3304506)   #1177
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Marsh and park place have post race penalties for avoidable contact with scuderia Corsa in the closing stages of the laguna race taking it out of a podium finish.this now puts scuderia Corsa 4 points from Magnus.so both gt and dp championships are up for grabs at lime rock.might be exciting.
I'm not surprised by both of those penalties.

Lots of carnage in the Conti Challenge race on SPEED this afternoon.

Congratulations to Stevenson and Freedom Autosport.

The Finale at Lime Rock should be fun.

Andy Flinn
Old 16 Sep 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3304732)   #1178
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait to hear what Magnus has to say about those late penalties.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3304752)   #1179
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Can't wait to hear what Magnus has to say about those late penalties.
Should be interesting.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3306050)   #1180
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I can't believe anyone dislikes Boris. What a great guy! He's a throwback to the seat of pants type of driver who can drive anything fast. Always liked the guy and always will.

DK
He's made a bit of an ass out of himself a few times by opening his mouth, I know lots of the ALMS fans dislike him because of some interview he made a few years ago where he said some nasty things about the ALMS.

He's kind of a "good ol' boy" type driver, and he's been good in the Whelen Corvette all year. For the most part, I like him too.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3306273)   #1181
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
And we have another surprise entry: Stevenson will be running two cars at Lime Rock. The last time they ran their second car (#75) was in 2012 for the three NAEC events. Drivers for the #75 are TBA.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3306275)   #1182
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He cemented his place in my mind at Road Atlanta, qualifying was 'abandoned' due to inclement weather, aka the lightest rain of the day, and he was the only guy that went out and turned some laps for us. It was a very quiet practice session.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 22:13 (Ref:3306359)   #1183
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
He's made a bit of an ass out of himself a few times by opening his mouth, I know lots of the ALMS fans dislike him because of some interview he made a few years ago where he said some nasty things about the ALMS.

He's kind of a "good ol' boy" type driver, and he's been good in the Whelen Corvette all year. For the most part, I like him too.
The cool thing about Boris is I bet he doesn't care what people think. I remember a dozen years ago while racing in the Trans-Am he had some colorful things to say about some of the other drivers (PG).

Plus, he's not afraid to admit when he's made a mistake, whether it's in NASCAR or Grand-Am (NJMP a few years ago).

Gotta like Boris. What you see us what you get.

Andy Flinn
Old 23 Sep 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3308236)   #1184
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/grand-am/hed...-at-lime-rock/

Starring in the #8 Starworks DP will be none other than... Pierre Kaffer and Mike Hedlund!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3308241)   #1185
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice! I wonder if this his a hint for Starworks drivers lineup next season?
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3308270)   #1186
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys! Should be a fun weekend... :-)

-mike
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3308284)   #1187
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr. Hedlund, how much prototype seat time have you had prior to this?
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3308290)   #1188
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Mr. Hedlund, how much prototype seat time have you had prior to this?
I did about 25 laps in an LMPC at COTA last Sunday and did about the same number of laps at Sebring in a Starworks DP earlier this year.

And please call me Mike, Mr. creeps me out... lol! :-)

-mike
Old 23 Sep 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3308295)   #1189
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I did about 25 laps in an LMPC at COTA last Sunday and did about the same number of laps at Sebring in a Starworks DP earlier this year.

And please call me Mike, Mr. creeps me out... lol! :-)

-mike
Didn't you also do some laps in a PC, Buttonwillow or something?

L.P.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 20:07 (Ref:3308334)   #1190
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Didn't you also do some laps in a PC, Buttonwillow or something?
Ya, although it was so few and with a car that wasn't dialed in so I didn't really figure out how to drive it.. just how to operate it (switches, transmission, electronics, etc).

When I tested the DP at Sebring and the PC at COTA I was able to drive it like I stole it. :-)

-mike
Old 23 Sep 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3308370)   #1191
ACFlinn
Racer

Quote:
Ya, although it was so few and with a car that wasn't dialed in so I didn't really figure out how to drive it.. just how to operate it (switches, transmission, electronics, etc).

When I tested the DP at Sebring and the PC at COTA I was able to drive it like I stole it. :-)

-mike
Mike, I think the SPEED cameras missed it but who put you off at Laguna Seca? They said it was a DP. You appeared to be having a good run (fifth or sixth?) up to that point. Just curious.

Andy Flinn
Old 23 Sep 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3308428)   #1192
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
Mike, I think the SPEED cameras missed it but who put you off at Laguna Seca? They said it was a DP. You appeared to be having a good run (fifth or sixth?) up to that point. Just curious.

Andy Flinn
The #60: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr-oy2tbRw

I talked with John after and it was just a mistake.. he thought I was letting him by. Broke the rear toe-link which is what caused the spin and the retirement of the car. The lead GT pack was split by a really slow DP and once the #73 and I got around it we were down about 10 seconds.

First contact I've ever had with an out of class car in a multi-class race...

-mike
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3308463)   #1193
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/van-overbeek-jo...rticle/313088/

Johannes Van Overbeek in the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari. ESM must be conducting a lot of trades with the Grand-Am Ferrari teams.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 00:44 (Ref:3308470)   #1194
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The #60: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znr-oy2tbRw

I talked with John after and it was just a mistake.. he thought I was letting him by. Broke the rear toe-link which is what caused the spin and the retirement of the car. The lead GT pack was split by a really slow DP and once the #73 and I got around it we were down about 10 seconds.

First contact I've ever had with an out of class car in a multi-class race...

-mike
The old guys in that 50 DP, perhaps?
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:15 (Ref:3308486)   #1195
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
The old guys in that 50 DP, perhaps?
Ya. Check out this video from the 14 minute point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtiY...tailpage#t=840

I'm fine with people driving around off the pace, hell I'm sure I've been in some peoples way at some point... but at least pay attention and stay out of other peoples race. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be out there.

-mike
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3308512)   #1196
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
http://sportscar365.com/grand-am/exc...-at-lime-rock/

Stevenson getting heavy-hitters Magnussen and Garcia from Corvette Racing for Lime Rock! The Chevy connection is really paying dividends
Old 24 Sep 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3308519)   #1197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might as well use it before you lose it after that race.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3308528)   #1198
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Might as well use it before you lose it after that race.
Good-night, fat pig; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3308817)   #1199
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://sportscar365.com/grand-am/hed...-at-lime-rock/

Starring in the #8 Starworks DP will be none other than... Pierre Kaffer and Mike Hedlund!
That's awesome! Best of luck Mike I will be cheering you on
Old 24 Sep 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3308864)   #1200
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.racer.com/van-overbeek-jo...rticle/313088/

Johannes Van Overbeek in the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari. ESM must be conducting a lot of trades with the Grand-Am Ferrari teams.
Don't ESM have a GA Ferrari 458 of their own? Or did they sell it?