Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3380153)   #1176
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford is worthless, screwing around in amateur rubbish while they continue to fail in NASCAR and cower away from F1.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3380154)   #1177
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest the whole race felt like a bit of a sham. THE 12 hours a Sebring. That used to be run by the likes of Audi, Porsche, Toyota, BMW, Puegeot, Acura in the top LMP1 class. Are they going to put "2014 Ganassi" or "2014 Ford" up on the wall. Either doesn't seem right. No offense to Ganassi and the DP guys but they aren't in the same league.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3380155)   #1178
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford now joins an elite group of overall Sebring winners in the 21st century with Audi, Porsche, and Peugoet. Think about dat!!!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3380156)   #1179
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
There was nothing they could do about that last caution. It really hurt the race yes, but besides cleaning it up faster, there was little to nothing they could do.
Not true! They could have called a "debris full course" caution (47.2.5.E in rule book), which would have shortened the procedure considerably.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:24 (Ref:3380157)   #1180
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
The butthurt is palpable in this here thread.
All 100 people globally watching the race are furious by the result.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3380159)   #1181
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
Seems alot of people are overlooking the fact the caution screwed Viper out of the GTLM win. It completely changed the race
I will be shocked if they let this go. The 01 DP winning was opportunistic and a gamble but well done to them for taking the chance. But the 912 Porsche won because it got away with one and escaped a penalty.

As of yet there's not even been a public acknowledgment of error. Well I suppose those who only watched the last half hour won't need to know about it, will they?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3380160)   #1182
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Ford now joins an elite group of overall Sebring winners in the 21st century with Audi, Porsche, and Peugoet. Think about dat!!!
I did. It's a Grand Scam.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3380161)   #1183
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
42, 5, 1, 2, 02 i could see deserving the win...01 not quiet, they had an automatic 7 second lead on the restart
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3380162)   #1184
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Not true! They could have called a "debris full course" caution (47.2.5.E in rule book), which would have shortened the procedure considerably.
I might be wrong, but IIRC there are some parameters on when they can do that. Either shortly after the end of another yellow or if all cars would be good to go on fuel anyway. Neither of which was the case here.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3380164)   #1185
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Franchitti pitting before the caution was the move of the race.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3380165)   #1186
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Go to the TUDOR Championship Facebook page for more epic pitchfork action.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3380166)   #1187
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Magnus Porsche won D class I believe, correct?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3380167)   #1188
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
There is no "lucky dog" and the wave by procedure was an ALMS thing.
That is false.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3380168)   #1189
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
912 ultimate lucking out.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3380169)   #1190
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
IMO, one can say whatever they want about the Audi R18 "test session" last year, but at least the race played out naturally, they raced each other, and it was a close finish by Sebring standards.

The FCY and driver ranking/licensing deal needs to be straightened out. We managed only 4 FCYs last year. Granted, this year's field was 1.5 times as large, but some of the driving standards issues need to be cleaned up ASAP, especially in the pro-am classes.

Also, as mentioned, there's a rule in IMSA's rule book that would allow that last yellow to be shortened. Unlike Daytona, there was nothing else really that could've been done for the last yellow. A FCY needed to be called. But IMSA could've shortened up the procedure per their own rules. As with BOP initially, I wonder if IMSA are using all the tools they have available to put on a good race and a good show without overdoing stuff.

I could care less if a DP won, and to be fair Ganassi won by the old road racing deal of being the first to make their last stop. But if it wasn't for that caution being so long, they could've blown it because of being short on fuel. It may be a bit NASCAR-y, but it happens some times. And I'm not a fan of the DPs, but if they win on merit, be it car or team, a win's a win.

However, the bogus AJR penalty shows that the series still isn't learning from past mistake as they should be. If IMSA wasn't NASCAR owned, I'd bet that Paul Walter would be looking for a new job come end of business Monday, if not sooner. The FIA/ACO wouldn't put up with that standard of officiating.

The blow is a bit softened in that IMSA, unlike NASCAR, is willing to own up to mistakes, but if they keep making them, that's still counterproductive.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3380170)   #1191
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
IMO, one can say whatever they want about the Audi R18 "test session" last year, but at least the race played out naturally, they raced each other, and it was a close finish by Sebring standards.

The FCY and driver ranking/licensing deal needs to be straightened out. We managed only 4 FCYs last year. Granted, this year's field was 1.5 times as large, but some of the driving standards issues need to be cleaned up ASAP, especially in the pro-am classes.

Also, as mentioned, there's a rule in IMSA's rule book that would allow that last yellow to be shortened. Unlike Daytona, there was nothing else really that could've been done for the last yellow. A FCY needed to be called. But IMSA could've shortened up the procedure per their own rules. As with BOP initially, I wonder if IMSA are using all the tools they have available to put on a good race and a good show without overdoing stuff.

I could care less if a DP won, and to be fair Ganassi won by the old road racing deal of being the first to make their last stop. But if it wasn't for that caution being so long, they could've blown it because of being short on fuel. It may be a bit NASCAR-y, but it happens some times. And I'm not a fan of the DPs, but if they win on merit, be it car or team, a win's a win.
Agreed.

The last time we had a field this big though there was 11 FCY, so it's about on par.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3380171)   #1192
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Same number of cautions as in 2012, though, also same number of starters - so that's actually par for the course.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3380173)   #1193
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
To be honest the whole race felt like a bit of a sham. THE 12 hours a Sebring. That used to be run by the likes of Audi, Porsche, Toyota, BMW, Puegeot, Acura in the top LMP1 class. Are they going to put "2014 Ganassi" or "2014 Ford" up on the wall. Either doesn't seem right. No offense to Ganassi and the DP guys but they aren't in the same league.
Maybe not in the same league equipment wise, but Ganassi is every bit as good as Penske when it comes to preparation and professionalism. As for the many recent Audi banners which came with victories that were more like 12 hour test sessions then races...really not that impressive. Ganassi beat champion OAK racing champion Muscle Milk etc. Not an easy task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
The cautions are WAY too long, especially for what amounted to a parked car. The caution was necessary, it was at the end of a high speed straight. But its length was so unecessary...
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3380174)   #1194
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have the times of green/yellow running? I'll be surprised if there was less than 6 hours of yellow.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3380175)   #1195
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it is what it is,I don't like ganassi but I'm a ford tech so seeing the Eco boost win is quite nice since I see them break and work on them all the time.

Core is just a bad ass team and great for them!

I'm not upset about the caution,go back and you tube the last hour of this race since 2010 and there have been last minute cautions in EACH and every race.the fcy is an Imsa thing since the alms glory days always has been.only caution was uncalled for and that was the sod one on the back straight.

I do not agree with the 912 the win is rightfully srt's. This isn't as bad as daytona, and you guys know it.the last caution at daytona was bull ****.this one was not!

It's been a long day and I agree the fcy's need to change but there were many that had every reason to be long.

All in all it was a good race during rhythmic green flag periods,p2 and dp racing was spot on and I hope they don't get anymore tweaking between races.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3380176)   #1196
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
hope they do an interview with ESM
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3380177)   #1197
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another record has been set. During the 12 Hours of Sebring there were 964 posts to this thread with the lowest percentage of almswhiningaboutdp that I have seen in months.

Y'all have a good night. I'm going for 3 hrs sleep, then F1 (2AM here).
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3380178)   #1198
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good night everybody, it was nice spending the day with you all...

See you next time
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3380179)   #1199
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
yeah i will say that really wasnt any issues with 01 winning, was just luck and how it played out. no way 912 shld win, though they could have came back from the penalty and still won. i understand how not much can do for the 22 after they served their penalty, but once u realize what you did need to penalize the car that actually comitted the crime

utter amazement some of the driving in the LMPC today, I've raced in online leagues on Forza and don't have things like that happen.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3380180)   #1200
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Total BS officiating and total BS FCY procedures. I watched every minute of this race and all I can think of is that I wasted 12+ hours. It doesn't take skill or preparation to stay on the lead lap or even win due to the wave arounds. It's NASCAR with some foreign cars. Why even run the first 11.5 hours?

So much for the improvements promised by Mr. Atherton. I really want to hear the BS that comes out of his mouth to explain the GTLM finish.

I think I'll stick to watching the highlight video. I won't be spending any money attending races in person except Austin, but I'll be there for WEC. IMSA has made the two biggest races on the calendar into a sad joke. And the jokes on me for watching.