Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Aug 2024, 01:59 (Ref:4222504)   #1201
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Reading too much (either way) into the Red Bull statements is probably a worthless pursuit.
I can pick apart much of your post as being aligned with my earlier comments. But this tit for tat discussion is going nowhere. It has become a polarizing topic and I don't think facts are going to change many minds at this point.

I would agree with your quote above, but add an extra statement... That we should not be trying to extract guilt or innocence from the RB press releases (from those we have seen so far.) As I have said in numerous posts, Horner may not be guilty of violating RB policies and procedures.

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2024, 02:39 (Ref:4222507)   #1202
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I am done on this topic until we get some "new" news as I think my position and arguments have been clearly stated. I guess feel free to flame away at my position on this topic.

Richard
Old 12 Aug 2024, 07:46 (Ref:4222513)   #1203
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
her alleged boyfriend, who is known to covet the position of team principal.
I think I am preaching to the converted here but I struggle on nearly every level to see why Jos would be qualified for the team principle role. Yes, he was so-so in F1 himself. Yes, he has coached his son to become the best driver in the world (and for which he deserves credit even if he hasn't exactly made many friends in the process). But managing a high-tech company worth north of £500M with hundreds of interdependent technicians. Not a chance
Old 12 Aug 2024, 08:11 (Ref:4222516)   #1204
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
I think I am preaching to the converted here but I struggle on nearly every level to see why Jos would be qualified for the team principle role. Yes, he was so-so in F1 himself. Yes, he has coached his son to become the best driver in the world (and for which he deserves credit even if he hasn't exactly made many friends in the process). But managing a high-tech company worth north of £500M with hundreds of interdependent technicians. Not a chance
He is only called Jos the Boss because it rhymes! A journeyman at best.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4222518)   #1205
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Knowing the man, I don't think there is any evidence at all he would want to be TP. Or remotely suited to it.

The post suggesting he is was nonsense IMO.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 08:32 (Ref:4222519)   #1206
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
E
G
O
!

Given the chance, most egoists think they can do a better job than the incumbent, regardless of industry, experience, training & knowledge.
It is there. So therefore they must dominate it, control it.
Being the boss is fun when you can generate more energy into the role than you take from it, so progress, genuine progress exists.
Otherwise you are waiting for the blade on the guillotine.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Aug 2024, 08:50 (Ref:4222520)   #1207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I think I am done on this topic until we get some "new" news as I think my position and arguments have been clearly stated. I guess feel free to flame away at my position on this topic.

Richard
I just wondered if I'm the only one absolutely bored to tears with the topic?
Old 12 Aug 2024, 09:04 (Ref:4222523)   #1208
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nope, I'm with you too Ayse, but still can't resist clicking on it when the thread has new comments! (I think I'm just hoping to read some genuine news and not more frothy speculation).
Old 12 Aug 2024, 11:46 (Ref:4222538)   #1209
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too. I think it keeps being resurrected to keep the matter alive.

Last edited by morninggents; 12 Aug 2024 at 11:51.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4222542)   #1210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Nope, I'm with you too Ayse, but still can't resist clicking on it when the thread has new comments! (I think I'm just hoping to read some genuine news and not more frothy speculation).
Yep, same here.....
Old 12 Aug 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4222545)   #1211
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bored with this one and the ongoing Red Bull or VCAB driver change speculation that wont happen until years end atleast
Old 12 Aug 2024, 16:43 (Ref:4222564)   #1212
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not to undermine the serious nature of the allegations/investigations and maybe im missing the point, but the focus on the complaint has helped to largely move the conversation away from what i imagine is still the unsettled leadership/control struggle that has (i assume) been going on since DM's health issues and his subsequent passing.

or has this been settled now?
Old 12 Aug 2024, 23:21 (Ref:4222584)   #1213
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I've never seen or read one report suggesting Jos wants to be team principal? Where has this come from?
Old 13 Aug 2024, 00:30 (Ref:4222588)   #1214
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wasn’t referring to Jos but more about what I assume to be the inevitable change in power structure that’s happens when a multi billionaire passes away….who has final decision making power for the team, is it Horner as CEO of the race team or whomever controls the board of the parent corp type of questions?
Old 13 Aug 2024, 07:50 (Ref:4222598)   #1215
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I've never seen or read one report suggesting Jos wants to be team principal? Where has this come from?
It was claimed to be “known” in post 1196. As far as I’m aware it’s untrue. I’d think it nonsensical in fact.
Old 13 Aug 2024, 10:24 (Ref:4222606)   #1216
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems to be not helped by Jos’ stirring of the pot. He’s always been the same
Old 13 Aug 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4222626)   #1217
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a conspiracy theory around that suggests that Mr Perez has a high quality production mini series about his life and times of his and Red Bull’s season 2023.
So the theory goes, this Disney+ production mini series is set to go to air later this year… on networks that might just have some kind of relationship to TelMex or Telcel or similar.
While the making of said cinematic art is said to have been financed by connections close to the reported owners of those telcos…

Presumably it would not do to well for the viewership of this series if it was about a pilot that has been freshly dumped by the same team in the subject of the vision.

The story continues on a pathway about said owner perhaps leaning on that team from a contractual standpoint as subject of the series. And of possible intervention of the owner of the series and/or their representatives as fellow intended content users of this documentary in certain markets in assuring the pilot stays in his seat for this year at least.

The fantasy as above is the thought process of a conspiracy theorist..
..who seems to think Red Bull Racing are not at risk of losing the ‘24 WCC with Mr Perez’s current level of competitiveness

Interesting thoughts..

Note that This Article talking about pressures from outside the team does not completely debunk the above.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Aug 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4222749)   #1218
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
it wouldn't be the first time a sponsor pushed a team to keep a struggling driver in the seat that they were subsidizing.

not sure if that amounts to a conspiracy or not but would make for some interesting TV. that he has been struggling may even make it more compelling?.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 00:46 (Ref:4223571)   #1219
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
SO Helmut giving mixed messages by stating Lawson will be in a seat in 2025 with Horner suggesting it may not be in a RB Car. Interesting times.
Old 24 Aug 2024, 03:21 (Ref:4223579)   #1220
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
SO Helmut giving mixed messages by stating Lawson will be in a seat in 2025 with Horner suggesting it may not be in a RB Car. Interesting times.
Say Howdtto Audi?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Aug 2024, 06:50 (Ref:4223891)   #1221
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
RB have to place Lawson in a car in 2025 or they lose his contract. It doesn't need to be an RB car, but they have to secure him a seat.
Old 26 Aug 2024, 07:51 (Ref:4223901)   #1222
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
RB have to place Lawson in a car in 2025 or they lose his contract. It doesn't need to be an RB car, but they have to secure him a seat.
https://speedcafe.com/liam-lawson-li...turn-at-monza/

Posted this in the Williams Forum Post
Old 11 Sep 2024, 15:24 (Ref:4226140)   #1223
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Newey on Verstappen: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ewey/10653188/

I just wonder whether he might be angling for Verstappen to forget about Mercedes, if that is what he has been doing, and join him at Aston Martin when his contract allows.

(Also posted in the Aston Martin thread)
Old 13 Sep 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4226423)   #1224
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The RBR seems more competitive at Baku! It would be great to see Verstappen win to stabilise the WDC bid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't think Lawson is in demand enough for that to be a problem TBH. Bortoleto has overtaken Lawson as the favourite for Sauber.
Old 13 Sep 2024, 22:48 (Ref:4226433)   #1225
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt RBR is that competitive. A win will be a tall order. As for Lawson, I can see him missing out again