Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 2 Jun 2024, 12:29 (Ref:4211471)   #101
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Discussions about Ducati to be held on monday next.

Sprint race highlights here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR4i3qX0xSk
Interesting helmet with moving flaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV6H2UxGZIs
Old 3 Jun 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4211621)   #102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNKHpkeWMQo
Old 4 Jun 2024, 00:17 (Ref:4211708)   #103
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOOOW Weeeeeee

Thats from left field - Martin to Aprilia.
Old 30 Jun 2024, 16:36 (Ref:4217369)   #104
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sprint race highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWKFQnDItC0
Race highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPz8oKxfkQo
It was Pecco's days!
Old 1 Jul 2024, 04:28 (Ref:4217444)   #105
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Pecco was on song all day.

Perfect Pecco in this race for sure.
Old 6 Jul 2024, 11:44 (Ref:4217952)   #106
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Some sore bodies this weekend after practice and quali.
Massive highsides. Will be interesting if Mark & Vinales front up for the sprint.
Old 3 Aug 2024, 03:31 (Ref:4221599)   #107
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched Silverstone practice today and i was really shocked. It just didnt seem like a normal Moto GP round. It looked like an open test session or something. No atmosphere, empty stands, not even that many people around.
Old 3 Aug 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4221627)   #108
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Watched Silverstone practice today and i was really shocked. It just didnt seem like a normal Moto GP round. It looked like an open test session or something. No atmosphere, empty stands, not even that many people around.
I watched but didnt notice. Will be sure to look whilst the sprint is on
Old 4 Aug 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4221726)   #109
flatlandsman
Veteran

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think the problem is if you watch F1 it is rammed, for Lord knows what reason it is hugely popular here.

Bike racing is not, certainly not at Silverstone, it is an awful place to watch bike racing, and i really feel that Silverstone do not want it there. The tickets are not bad prices, it is stuff like parking that makes it silly. People will blame the weather but you buy tickets months in advance not on the day but not many Brits really do not WANT to stand out in 30 degree heat all day as much as sit in the cold, we are not built that way and Silverstone has no cover at all from anything unless you pay a load for the stands.

They only open certain stands, because demand is very low, certain areas are packed if you look closely but I would say over half the stands are empty as not open, and the GA areas are not rammed either.

it simply is a desolate awful place to watch bike racing, the prices do not help the parking charges are a joke for car drivers, you are too far away, etc etc. They have changed the date for next year to May, just before the TT so right in peak rainy season for the UK really, and I think that is Silverstone and Dornas last throw of the dice, without an increase in crowds it will be dropped and Silverstone won't care, their cash cow is F1, it probably costs them say 5-10 million to host this and it can't be making them much.

I would conservatively say they are making at 50 mill a year from f1 they do not NEED this, Dorna do not want races with empty stands and there are people waiting in the wings to host races prepared to pay more. I would happily see it dropped from the UK.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 07:52 (Ref:4221932)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Classification of the Ducati Cup after the GB round:

Martin 241 pts, Bagnaia 238 pts, Bastianini 192 pts and M Marquez 179 pts. With ten rounds to go, the question is can a Ducati rider be the new WC? Wait and see.
Old 6 Aug 2024, 09:20 (Ref:4221942)   #111
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the ticket prices I was chatting with a friend on Sunday at Brands and he reported that a mate had taken his son to the motogp and it had cost him the best of £500 for seated admission tickets and parking, etc. As for food prices a couple of fancy burgers and drinks cost the best part of £50, Watching 4 wheel racing at Sillystone is dire so I can't imagine how boring the bike racing must have been. As Gerard says the Ducati steamrolller marches on...
Old 6 Aug 2024, 10:01 (Ref:4221944)   #112
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Classification of the Ducati Cup after the GB round:

Martin 241 pts, Bagnaia 238 pts, Bastianini 192 pts and M Marquez 179 pts. With ten rounds to go, the question is can a Ducati rider be the new WC? Wait and see.
More to the point will Ducati get to keep the #1 on one of their own works bikes for the 2025 Ducati Cup.

I actually hope that Martin or Bastianini wins the title so that either the Aprilia or Tech 3 KTM bike wears the #1
Old 8 Aug 2024, 18:07 (Ref:4222183)   #113
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good observation EB, it would certainly be a poke in the eye to lose the no.1 status symbol.
Old 9 Aug 2024, 04:40 (Ref:4222218)   #114
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Good observation EB, it would certainly be a poke in the eye to lose the no.1 status symbol.
Will be an interesting watch for sure.
Engine/Electrical gremlins could be on their way up
Old 9 Aug 2024, 20:34 (Ref:4222318)   #115
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Knowing the boss, if it goes to Tech3 it will be fun.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 12:21 (Ref:4222874)   #116
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
A mini-mini guide for the Austrian GP. I use it as an orientation about what is going on during the races (who is losing his chances, who is doing a significant scoring,...)

In this post, I call "Candidate" to any rider who has a chance of at least 5% of overcome the gap with the leader. That probability is calculated from the gap, the number of races to go and the empirical results of former seasons. I am calling "Pre-Candidate" to any rider who can become candidate in the next race.

The riders who don't appear here, have a minimal chance to become WC (typically, less than 1% or 2%). It is not impossible, though!

In resume: 3 candidates in MotoGP, 3-4 in Moto 2 and ONE in Moto 3.

MotoGP:

JMAR Candidate
BAG -3 Candidate
BAS -49 Candidate
MMAR -62 Pre-Candidate

In order to continue in the hunt, Bastianini needs not to lose points to any of the two leaders. M.Marquez *needs* to recover good points from both (like more than 10-12 points). The rest of riders are out of contention, for a long time, at very least.

Moto 2:

GAR Candidate
OGU -18 Candidate
ROB -37 Candidate
ALD -48 Candidate?
LOP -60 Pre-Candidate

In order to continue being a "Candidate", Roberts needs not to loose too many points from Garcia (like 10 points max). Fermin Aldeguer is in the limit to be seen as a candidate, but, subjectively, his potential seems to be so high. He would need to be above Garcia in this GP. Lopez needs to win many points over Garcia (like 15 points) to become a full-fledge candidate.

Moto 3:

ALO Candidate
ORT -53 Pre-Candidate
HOL -66 Pre-Candidate
VEI -68 Pre-Candidate

There are not any "legitimate" alternative candidate to Alonso. Ortola can become one if he score clearly over Alonso (like 10 points). Holgado and Veijer are in a critical position: they need an utter win over Alonso just to become potential candidates (like >20 points over ALO). Basically, those two have to be 1st or 2nd and ALO not scoring.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 18:40 (Ref:4222913)   #117
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post
The riders who don't appear here, have a minimal chance to become WC (typically, less than 1% or 2%). It is not impossible, though!
In resume: 3 candidates in MotoGP, 3-4 in Moto 2 and ONE in Moto 3.
MotoGP:
JMAR Candidate
BAG -3 Candidate
BAS -49 Candidate
MMAR -62 Pre-Candidate
In order to continue in the hunt, Bastianini needs not to lose points to any of the two leaders. M.Marquez *needs* to recover good points from both (like more than 10-12 points). The rest of riders are out of contention, for a long time, at very least.
Interesting good job, thank you.
J MARTIN Candidate (241 pts)

F BAGNAIA -3 Candidate (238 pts)

E BASTIANINI -49 Candidate (192 pts)

M MARQUEZ -62 Pre-Candidate (179 pts).

Of course the sprint races points attribution will be important:

Sprint race points: 12, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3 and 1.
Race points: 25, 20, 15, 13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.

No room for the bean counters, only for the braves!
Old 16 Aug 2024, 23:28 (Ref:4222921)   #118
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks!

Yeah, I have taken on account the scores in the sprint races in MotoGP. The "goals" for each rider is the amount of points for the weekend (sprint + main races).

Those are the "dry" reality of numbers... but, of course, we all have our subjective preferences or our personal "magical predictions". That makes it funnier!
Old 17 Aug 2024, 16:07 (Ref:4222957)   #119
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Correct again, I'm with you here too. The real and unwanted unkown seems to be the rear tyre quality ATM. Seems that Bibendum as found a fix for this issue so far.
Old 17 Aug 2024, 20:37 (Ref:4222975)   #120
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Did you like the Spielberg Sprint? For me, it was a boring one.
Old 18 Aug 2024, 17:55 (Ref:4223052)   #121
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I won't divulgue the results for those needing some time to watch either the race or the highlights. Far from the leaders, the two Frenchies suffered different issues. Fabio (finishing 12th then 18th) talks about a real disaster, a total lack of pace and tyre pressure issues. Zarco (recent 8 hrs of Suzuka winner) reports that the engine doesn't give all its power when at WOT! This strange thing apart, it seems the chassis doesn't work very well. Strange too that the very promising P Acosta could only finish 13th when B Binder finished 5th.

Sprint race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z2BGgTf-OA
Old 20 Aug 2024, 14:05 (Ref:4223205)   #122
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Six minutes of the Pecco's hot show! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpwrhw_bk84
Old 21 Aug 2024, 05:02 (Ref:4223270)   #123
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Six minutes of the Pecco's hot show! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpwrhw_bk84
The 2024 bike seemed untouchable !
Old 21 Aug 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4223307)   #124
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure!

@ Shummy: just a thought. Did you compare your "results" to what is done by the online bets like Winnamax or FdJ for instance? Do they include variables like riders prone to crash or being injured?
Old 21 Aug 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4223308)   #125
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sure!

Do they include variables like riders prone to crash
MM#93 in a Sprint race??