Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1014849)   #101
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there as in iGOR there are good grids for 65 cars, 67 s are still a bit slow to fill!
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1014895)   #102
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For some reason, I don't seem able to log into VROC.....

All I get is "Logging into VROC, please wait....."
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1014899)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chat seems OK though......
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1014901)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Has the address in the ini file changed since I last went there?

I have

Address=216.27.177.129
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1014919)   #105
petestenning
Veteran

The 67 cars at the moment have no takers but it is isle of man circuit, I had the same problem with vroc this morning ayse.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1015123)   #106
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to let you guys know, I've put the Season 3 calendar and rules on the TTFRL website.

Old 24 Jun 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1015126)   #107
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks Spud.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1018398)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
At the moment, I'm assuming I'll be there tomorrow, but if we're using VROC, I may be out of luck. I'm still getting nothing at all with VROC.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1018442)   #109
petestenning
Veteran

Ayse i have had trouble with vroc recently but this morning it worked for the first time for me.
I use iGor most of the time so i want to know which we intend using.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1018455)   #110
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I've got both iGOR and VROC and I can get a race list in both. I didn't check the chat room on VROC though.

Just to let you guys know, I *think* I'm BW-patched. I patched the original GPL.exe and the then re-installed the '65 mod (although that won't have any bearings on the league since we're running '67's).

I guess running only the '67's is an advantage in the case of messing about with the patch.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1018733)   #111
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lets use VROC for the time being.
iGOR still has those timeout problems unless you turn off the security.

Plus I'm not sure if its possible to turn off checkpoints in iGOR, which with my stupid wireless connection would mean I'm well and truly buggered for the race, I don't enjoy the prospect of building up an advantage over the guy behind only have to give it all up and then some with numerous stop-goes.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1018734)   #112
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think that means now that everyone will need the BW patch if either of us host.

I'm wondering if my VROC problem is something to do with the installation of iGOR and GEM. Did anyone else have to fiddle with re-locating the GPL exe or anything to get VROC back?
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1018778)   #113
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I have the same problem as you Ayse, no racelist in VROC.
I believe the chatroom server in VROC and iGOR are the same though, just FYI.

I'll try and work out this racelist thing
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1018782)   #114
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Didn't take very long to work out...

Ayse, use Address=racelist.vroc.net
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1018798)   #115
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah . that one made my Vroc to work .
i use two installs of GPL . one with the 65(and igor) and one with 67(Vroc)

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1018821)   #116
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yeah, I used to have it set to that, then that server went down and somebody posted on RSC to use the one Ayse typed. Mine was still set to what Ayse had, my first test was to see if racelist.vroc.net worked and it did. Hence there being just 2 minutes between me saying I'd figure it out to figuring it out
Old 28 Jun 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1018867)   #117
petestenning
Veteran

I dont have the bandwidth patch yet so i would not be able to race if its needed. I have it on my pc but cant tell how to set it up.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1018868)   #118
petestenning
Veteran

If this means i am an idiot so be it
Old 28 Jun 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1018878)   #119
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
put the bwpatch.com in you gpl directory . and run it
then follow the instructions . press 1 for more cars patch and 2 for cars behind patch .. and so on .

PS . i'm still to try the BRM at Kyalami i will do it this night or tomorow morning

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1018902)   #120
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
and there are some core.ini mods needed too.

I can't remember what they were without looking in the readme, but here is the appropriate section from my core.ini

Code:
[ communications ]
alternate_ip_addr_lookup = 1
net_mdm_client_send_every = 3
net_mdm_client_send_size = 84
net_mdm_server_send_every = 3
net_mdm_server_send_size = 384         	; show 19 cars
net_use_mdm_bandwidth_for_tcp_ip = 1
You may have more lines than that in your communications section so just find all the lines above and compare them with mine if that is the case. You may also have no communications section at all, in which case copy and paste all that in
Old 28 Jun 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1019145)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks p - I'll make the changes now and see what happens.......
Old 28 Jun 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1019149)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, that got me the racelist again. Thanks a lot.

I still haven't run a single lap of GPL67 since 65 came out - and I haven't even run that for getting of for 3 weeks now. To say I'm going to be rusty is the understatement of the year......
Old 28 Jun 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1019185)   #123
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
done my first running at Kya with the BRM ...
slow . very slow .. in a 2x6 lap run did lots of 1m25 . but only one 1m24 .. but i hope i can keep it on the road

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2004, 18:42 (Ref:1019199)   #124
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
lol.
So is it VROC or iGOR?
Old 28 Jun 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1019204)   #125
petestenning
Veteran

Dani you wont be last my best so far is 1.26.4
and i still spin but not as often i can now put in 3 or 4 laps before the spin