Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Apr 2004, 21:51 (Ref:956158)   #101
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had an email today from Codemasters asking if I wanted my free copy on PC, XBox or PS2 and was told I would have to wait a couple of months if it was PS2.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 23:40 (Ref:956245)   #102
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HMM.

Okay, hope they do a decent job of it this time mind!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 09:37 (Ref:956599)   #103
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ive just bought the Australian version of this game I believe called V8 Supercars 2 , Ive started another thread about it in this forum but am having probs with my PC crashing quite a bit.

does anyone know why this would be happening ?
Old 30 Apr 2004, 14:16 (Ref:956957)   #104
Dunnes
Rookie

Dunnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad Driving.......

sorry couldnt help it!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 17:19 (Ref:957140)   #105
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent got it yet Damon, It was a toss up between Hitman Contracts for the PC, and Toca RD2. Contracts got it I'm afraid.
Although I'm still not sure when I'm going to get all the time to play it now... Still got Deus Ex Invisible War, KOTOR, and Splinter Cell to complete first... :S
Old 30 Apr 2004, 18:14 (Ref:957184)   #106
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT4 is far more advanced than TOCA 2 in all areas yet is a PS2 game, which is admittedly less powerfull than the XBOX.

Doesn't this just show that huge resouces (from Sony), a top quality dev team, and no time limits on the development of a game are far more important than a slightly better tech spec for a particular console?

Its only next gen hardware that will provide a 'signifcant' increase in performance and technical quality in a game. Enough for a none gamer to see the difference.

It seems we won't have to wait long either with XBOX 2 scheduled for 2005 and PS3 not far behind!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 18:20 (Ref:957187)   #107
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
the next gen machines won't be out until at least 2006.

Take my word for that!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 18:33 (Ref:957199)   #108
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelH
the next gen machines won't be out until at least 2006.

Take my word for that!
I will

Just going of the fact that the XBOX 2 will be launched well ahead of the PS3. With PS3 likely to make an appearance in 2005 at E3 (or other major show/event), Microsoft will want to be ready for launch by the end of 2005. At least in the US/Japan.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 19:04 (Ref:957233)   #109
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
James Kimbley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got the game! It is such an improvement over the orginal in all ways. But I a do agree the rallying has to be the worst simulation of rallying ever to have been produced. But apart from the rallying eveything else is brilliant. About 50% of the way through career mode now.

Damon give you a game next time your online.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 19:11 (Ref:957243)   #110
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely! Probably be on saturday or sunday evening depening on weather i can be arsed to go out or not.
Old 1 May 2004, 10:30 (Ref:957725)   #111
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
Look forward to it just played a bit of live. But unfortuantly had a cheating host.

I recommnd to everyone not to play against lightmaster on xbox live.

The guy is a ****, if he is not winning he will boot you. I was racing against him and he pulls in front of me too early I have no where to go so I hit him in the rear and he goes off. That's a "racing incident" but cause he has no driving skill he decided to boot me at the end of the race because he finished last, as he was unable to catch up. Gave him plenty of negative feedback.
Old 1 May 2004, 11:32 (Ref:957758)   #112
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I'm glad to say I've seen very few of such people thankfully, but when they do show up they sure are annoying.
Old 1 May 2004, 14:12 (Ref:957863)   #113
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Pomfret
Glad people like the Formula Fords as it is based on my car! Codemasters contacted me after seeing the car on the 750 Motor Club stand at the Autosport show in 2003. In Feb.2003 they had the car at Codemasters for a day taking hundreds of photographs and measurements, in June we spent a day at MIRA doing the sound recording on a rolling road in the MIRA acoustic labs.I've not seen the game yet but the screen shots look pretty accurate apart from the diameter of the pushrods which look rather narrow. Hopefully should be receiving some free samples soon.
Have to say that in the Aussie V8 Supercar version your cars are there to barry , didnt notice it at first until it was pointed out in this forum but your cars are there with your name loud and proud on the side

P.S apologies for punting your car off at Oulton park as well

cool game and Im getting the hang of it.

does the Toca version have v8 supercars on it ?
Old 1 May 2004, 14:36 (Ref:957877)   #114
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
As far as I know the game is identical, name aside.
Old 1 May 2004, 21:05 (Ref:958127)   #115
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
yeah, they all have the same selection of championships. But no ****ing BTCC.....
Old 1 May 2004, 22:31 (Ref:958187)   #116
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelH
yeah, they all have the same selection of championships. But no ****ing BTCC.....
You don't want to race breathed on shopping trollies do you?
Old 2 May 2004, 14:54 (Ref:958631)   #117
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that's TRD2 completed then. Didn't last long. The GP cars are dissapointingly easy to drive and look utterly rubbish. Like a 1990 Tyrrell (not a bad looking car), except it has piled on weight and looks bloody stupid!

Enjoyable enough game though and I've still got a couple of championships to unlock.
Old 2 May 2004, 16:45 (Ref:958700)   #118
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Fords, DTM and V8 Supercars are the best part of the game, rallying and ice racing being coplete waste of time.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 2 May 2004, 19:47 (Ref:958777)   #119
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ice racing is even worse than the rallying!

I love DTM and V8 supercars, although the handling could be more challenging. They go around corners as if on rails and it's impossible to light up the rears!
Old 2 May 2004, 20:11 (Ref:958791)   #120
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
I constantly am lighting my rears up on the start. Can not do a start with out wheelspinning. But in the end it dont matter much as I usually can gain all the places lost by the first corner.
Old 2 May 2004, 20:18 (Ref:958794)   #121
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I find the AI is generally useless on the brakes, you often out-brake 4 or 5 cars into the first corner depending on how tight it is.
Old 4 May 2004, 00:34 (Ref:959918)   #122
xbook
Rookie

xbook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yo guys,

I am pretty happy with this game. I am almost done with the 1 player portion of the game. And I am itching to try and start playing online. I have done a few races, but most of the drivers out there are kids looking to play smash up derby.

If anyone here is up for some on-line races please let me know. My XBox live handle is "opking". Keep a look out for me. Maybe we could put together some sort of schedule to meet up online and race.

-xbook
Old 4 May 2004, 07:21 (Ref:960050)   #123
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
Ive just bought the Australian version of this game I believe called V8 Supercars 2 , Ive started another thread about it in this forum but am having probs with my PC crashing quite a bit.

does anyone know why this would be happening ?
I had similar problems. I returned my CD and also went to msn.com and downloaded updates for XP and my graphics card. Don't know if it was the original CD or the updates, but all working fine now.
Old 4 May 2004, 07:29 (Ref:960057)   #124
James Kimbley
Rookie

England
hi xbook. i am up for some seriouse online racing. my handle is JamesK so just add me to your friends list and next time i am online we can race. i usually log on every night to see whos on and race. thats a good idea we should set up a ten tenths racing league. to race at certain times. we would also need to pick which type of class to race. i think a formula ford racing league would be great fun and close racing.
Old 4 May 2004, 08:41 (Ref:960108)   #125
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
yeah I fixed my problem , I just had to update to the latest driver for my graphics card and now the game works fine