Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 May 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2203388)   #101
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK I think I might have an answer to this riddle.
If you guys recall at the beginning of the season (when the 997RSR Evo first appeared) we were all surprised to see that the engine power quoted was 460 as opposed to 485 in 2007, It seems that Porsche have taken a cut in hp in order to get a cut in weight.
Old 15 May 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2203409)   #102
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
If you guys recall at the beginning of the season (when the 997RSR Evo first appeared) we were all surprised to see that the engine power quoted was 460 as opposed to 485 in 2007, It seems that Porsche have taken a cut in hp in order to get a cut in weight.
So in other words, it is running/homologated at a lighter weight! As I first suggested.

L.P.
Old 15 May 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2203438)   #103
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
but thats cheating its not only a weight break its what equalises the tho car that are run in diferent spec,

Ferrari, 1125 kilos, smalier tires and smaler restrictor, and maler wings
porsche has all these breaks becouse it chose to have 100 kilos more its plain wrong to lessen the weight diff just becouse Porsche hasnt been able to mach Ferraris speed, When Ferrari was slower then porsch from 2000 up until 2005 no rules were bent to speed up the ferrari even do Porsche dominated every race in every series, Well not exacly ferrari had some succsess in 2001 and 2003 but thats beside the point
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 May 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2203443)   #104
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
GOD I hate artifical performance adjusting after Rules have been set and cars have been built. I wanna see witch car is fastest be it porsche or ferrari. this way they can just as well call the series GT3
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 May 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2203468)   #105
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Evidence

I have evidance that porsche has been runing 25 kilos lower weight since the beging of the 2008 sesaon, I emailed Flying lizard, asking tham if they could explain to me why imsa posted that buletin, ( I masked my self as a porsche fan offcoure) he he,

I got a reply where they state that the weight of the car was changed since the end of last season, and that the car was alowed to run up until this month at 1200 kilos. and they will run with 1200 kilos at Utah to.

Old 15 May 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2203487)   #106
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, now that the Porsche weight issue has been resolved, I have another homologation question. On the most recent video of the Ford GT there is talk about how they were given a smaller restrictor than the competition. and how much smaller is it, well they didn't say, but it seems strange that the car would have been given a smaller restrictor but is now given a weight reduction. Does anybody know anything about this? Do the other "new" GT2 cars (Vantage, Corvette) have reduced restrictors?
Old 15 May 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2203493)   #107
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb
Ok, now that the Porsche weight issue has been resolved, I have another homologation question. On the most recent video of the Ford GT there is talk about how they were given a smaller restrictor than the competition. and how much smaller is it, well they didn't say, but it seems strange that the car would have been given a smaller restrictor but is now given a weight reduction. Does anybody know anything about this? Do the other "new" GT2 cars (Vantage, Corvette) have reduced restrictors?
my guess would be that they have much bigger engines I yhink 5 or 6 l wich is compared to 4l ferrari and 3.8 a big diff, and thus they got smaller restrictors, becouse even if their hp figures are below ferraris or porsches the torques numbers are probably trough the roof
Old 15 May 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2203502)   #108
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 997 GT3 RSR is still heavier and the F430 is still faster over a single lap... Flying Lizard would still be leading the points this season even if they were at 1225 KG.
Old 15 May 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2203513)   #109
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Restrictor size is based on a formula of weight and engine displacement. Cars with larger engine displacements will have smaller restrictors.
Old 15 May 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2203519)   #110
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well when there is something more substantive (real #'s) than the narrator of a puff piece whimsically wrapping up, there may be something to check. Until then its a mystery to me.

L.P.
Old 16 May 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2203602)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
my guess would be that they have much bigger engines I yhink 5 or 6 l wich is compared to 4l ferrari and 3.8 a big diff, and thus they got smaller restrictors, becouse even if their hp figures are below ferraris or porsches the torques numbers are probably trough the roof
Sounds plausable to me. I don't know the exact size of the engine, and can't find it on their website.
Old 16 May 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2203604)   #112
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well when there is something more substantive (real #'s) than the narrator of a puff piece whimsically wrapping up, there may be something to check. Until then its a mystery to me.

L.P.
Now what makes you think it is a puff piece, and not some good subjective documentry making?? hahahahahaha Eitherway, I find the videos pretty entertaining.
Old 16 May 2008, 00:30 (Ref:2203607)   #113
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds plausable to me. I don't know the exact size of the engine, and can't find it on their website.
3.8 litre.
Old 16 May 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2203749)   #114
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ALMS Spotters Guide has been updated for Utah, completed with tyre changes for the Viper and LG Corvette and also the two new entries, the de Ferran Acura (artists impression) and an exclusive, the 2nd Vici racing, which seems to be pretty much exclusive for the time being

Free PDF and JPG as ever over at www.spotterguides.com (part of Ten-Tenths)
Old 16 May 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2204010)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
ALMS Spotters Guide has been updated for Utah, completed with tyre changes for the Viper and LG Corvette and also the two new entries, the de Ferran Acura (artists impression) and an exclusive, the 2nd Vici racing, which seems to be pretty much exclusive for the time being

Free PDF and JPG as ever over at www.spotterguides.com (part of Ten-Tenths)
Looks good as always! I missed the LG car switching to Dunlops, I hope it works for them.
Old 16 May 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2204048)   #116
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
they have also lost lots of weight too. Apparently the car arrived very overweight.
Old 16 May 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2204173)   #117
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Yes it did. http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=39

L.P.
Old 16 May 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2204199)   #118
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
just seen a pic of the de Ferran Acura. Its basically, as per the test day, so its black base, with the red stripes I have on the spotters guide and a small Panasonic on the sidepod.
Old 16 May 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2204211)   #119
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where've you seen it?
Old 16 May 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2204226)   #120
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
someone sent to me It will be out in the air shortly
Old 16 May 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2204264)   #121
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I do believe he was responding to
That is correct.
Old 16 May 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2204345)   #122
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
will the promoter test be covered by live timing and scoring, they start in 20 min I think
Old 16 May 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2204347)   #123
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis
will the promoter test be covered by live timing and scoring, they start in 20 min I think
Its not on the RML schedule (on the main page) or in the ALMS section. They have sometimes been there early and broadcast but you will have to check it live I believe. Sorry not much help!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 16 May 2008 at 20:00.
Old 16 May 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2204359)   #124
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they are on west coast time. I think IMSA will have timing but no RLM coverage.
Old 16 May 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2204360)   #125
Chaos81
Racer

United States
Chaos81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I think they are on west coast time.
They are on mountain time.

Live timing is up now.