Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Dec 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2593246)   #101
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
No matter the quotes, I can't believe that an endurance race qualifies for Kimi's brain as "fun".
Can't see why not?.
He is a racer, and the other F1 drivers who has driven the 908, thought it was a blast driving it!.
Besides, how do you know what Raikonnen thinks is fun?, he loves rallying, why not endurance?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2593575)   #102
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he may not like it because if the race is 24 Hours long it will cut out at least one night of drinking from his week.

Chris
Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2593783)   #103
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny, somewhere I read someone stating that Kimi just wasn't a personality cut out for F1 in the 21st century, where media savvy is more important than anything else, and that the bulk of modern F1 fans couldn't understand him. I'm sad to say that modern sportscar fans seem to suffer from the same issue.

Raikkonen clearly enjoys driving as much or more than anyone else in F1 today, which is why he seems so bored with the current state of F1. This is a man who will happily throw away a paycheque to throw a rallycar around. That is a man who actually likes having fun driving...
Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2593786)   #104
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I think Kimi plays the "Finnish" part as a sense of humour. Some of the dry stuff he says is hilarious. I think he'd drive anything.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2593943)   #105
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Funny, somewhere I read someone stating that Kimi just wasn't a personality cut out for F1 in the 21st century, where media savvy is more important than anything else, and that the bulk of modern F1 fans couldn't understand him. I'm sad to say that modern sportscar fans seem to suffer from the same issue.

Raikkonen clearly enjoys driving as much or more than anyone else in F1 today, which is why he seems so bored with the current state of F1. This is a man who will happily throw away a paycheque to throw a rallycar around. That is a man who actually likes having fun driving...
Well, Mclaren stated that Raikonnen was demanding 10million punds, in pay check, as Ferrari offered him, for staying away for a year! (unfortunately i can't find my source!).
Old 4 Dec 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2594077)   #106
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport have confirmed Citroen have signed Kimi in the WRC, that really does open the possibility of Kimi at Le mans in a 908.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2594608)   #107
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This is new comment (translation):

Steven Robertson (manager): "It was clear from the beginning that at some point Kimi moves to rallying. He still has the same passion to race. Besides rallying he would be interested in 24 Hours of Le Mans race or driving in some series in the United States."

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/93619.html
Old 5 Dec 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2594639)   #108
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It is likely the opposite. Since Ferrari ended the contract, he gets a paycheck anyway. Thanks to some kind of clause that paycheck is higher if (not anymore "if") he doesn't drive for any other F1 team in 2010. There is a possibility that this money from Ferrari plus this Citroen deal (there were reports he gets 2x Loeb's salary) could be more than he would get by driving in F1 next season. This could tell something about the motivation too...

Last edited by deggis; 5 Dec 2009 at 22:52.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2594643)   #109
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The contracts he turned down in F1 for 2010 are surely more than the Citoren paycheque...
Old 5 Dec 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2594647)   #110
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
But didn't include the Golden Handcuffs from Ferari?
Old 5 Dec 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2594655)   #111
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
The contracts he turned down in F1 for 2010 are surely more than the Citoren paycheque...
But he would not get as much money from Ferrari if he decided drove for some team in F1. Reports seem to vary but the difference was considerable, several millions.

Last edited by deggis; 5 Dec 2009 at 23:32.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2594697)   #112
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
That is the wildcard, but nobody seems to know exactly what the nature of that deal was. The fact remains that I believe Kimi is done with F1 and on the route to new challenges that don't come with the same PR obsession. I think his is as much of a sabbatical as Mika Hakkinen's was.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2595304)   #113
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
is this saying what I think it does??

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3029.html
Old 7 Dec 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2595309)   #114
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have checked again and no it doesn't. It basically confirms that there were talks with Peugeot but they have not gone ahead
Old 7 Dec 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2595348)   #115
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I have checked again and no it doesn't. It basically confirms that there were talks with Peugeot but they have not gone ahead
Well not even talks, they investigated the possibility, but they couldn't because of the current contract with Acura, which ends in 2011, and there opens for a Peugeot, but only if Peugeot gives Highcroft support.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2595490)   #116
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autohebdo today confirms the rumour about a Redbull 908 for Loeb and Räikkonen

They also add possibility of Coulthard as third driver

But of course all that remains rumour until it's confirmed by Quesnel
Old 7 Dec 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2595494)   #117
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post

Yes, Quesnel holds the key to confirming this rumour, and until he does, its nothing more.

I don't see Coulthard as 3rd driver, but i do see Weber as one (he drove/flew the Mercedes CLR in '99), but he might not be available.
Does Red Bull support any endurance drivers?.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2595511)   #118
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post

Would that be the "fourth" 908 or replace one of the Total sponsored cars?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2595518)   #119
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes, Quesnel holds the key to confirming this rumour, and until he does, its nothing more.

I don't see Coulthard as 3rd driver, but i do see Weber as one (he drove/flew the Mercedes CLR in '99), but he might not be available.
Does Red Bull support any endurance drivers?.
Pretty sure the CanadianGP is scheduled for that weekend, ruling Webber out.
Does Bourdais have Red Bull backing?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2595546)   #120
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Pretty sure the CanadianGP is scheduled for that weekend, ruling Webber out.
Does Bourdais have Red Bull backing?
Bourdais is properly running with the Peugeot team, if he is running at all. But he did race for STR (Torro Rosso), but that didn't end very well, so i guess not.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2595720)   #121
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see the Red Bull livery on the 908. That would just look amazing
Old 7 Dec 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2595752)   #122
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If no Peugeot's available, we know Red Bull looks good on VAG products...
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:47 (Ref:2595826)   #123
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
If no Peugeot's available, we know Red Bull looks good on VAG products...
PSA-Peugeot-Citroen, remember?
Old 8 Dec 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2595880)   #124
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he means a Red Bull Audi.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 02:15 (Ref:2595882)   #125
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I understood that...
Closed Thread