Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2335810)   #101
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what caused the rest of the carnage? Oil from Thompson's attempt to keep going?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:16 (Ref:2335814)   #102
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that was my take of it.

However the whole thing seemed to happen in a black hole, TV camera coverage wise..
Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2335827)   #103
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage always dissapointing at Macau, they seem to always miss incidents, Thompson was hit by Farfus trying a move which was never going to come off and put James in the wall, fortunatly Farfus lost his wheel but would have been excluded anyway for deliberate contact. Oil's a bit of a mystery but could have been Tommo but then Tarquini was smoking but this may have been after he hit the runaway wheel form Farfus which ripped off the sump.

Well done to Muller and Huff , Thommo dreadfully unlucky. Lets hope he finds a works drive next year in either BTCC or WTCC with Honda.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2335933)   #104
MikeD
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen
MikeD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Yvan Muller...well done. You deserved it the most this year.

PS: What i wouldn't do to kick our Eurosport commentator (Peter Maaloe) out of any kind of motorsport. He cannot pronouce the names and he cannot calculate points. He also say that every driver from Denmark is "unique" (ret enestående, in Danish) and the same with every move they make. He's the biggest crap commentator I have ever heard. Argggg had to watch the races with no sound. Please give us Martin Haven's comments...
Old 16 Nov 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2335958)   #105
THIM
Racer

Poland
THIM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before Thommo was smashed, there were several DNFs caused by engine problems. Maybe one of them polluted the track?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2335983)   #106
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commentators curse on Thompson and Farfus i'd say

John Cleland doesn't mix his words does he
Old 16 Nov 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2335993)   #107
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Very surprised there weren't crashes in the first lap.

A shame Thompson didn't win the 2nd race.

Congrats to Yvan Muller for winning the title.

Terrible weekend for Coronel. Hope he will have a drive next season.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2335994)   #108
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
John Cleland doesn't mix his words does he
Has he ever?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 19:54 (Ref:2335997)   #109
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Cleland and Martin Haven have been magic together this season and I hope this continues, John says it like it is and thats just what we want.

On topic regarding Macau I have my doubts about Farfus as a driver, quick yes but erratic which was evident more so at Alfa Romeo. Im not sure if he really warrants the drive when a driver with the calibre of Thompson may be available.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2336136)   #110
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Yes, that was my take of it.

However the whole thing seemed to happen in a black hole, TV camera coverage wise..
The host broadcaster, Macau TV, is just so poor. For me, since WTCC becomes part of Macau, the action has always been quite poor, everytime it has been a game of "follow my leader" until someone breaksdown or crashes. This time the TV cameras couldn't even give us the crashes!
Old 17 Nov 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2336185)   #111
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
you shall know that macau race is in streets you cant put cameras wherever you want. tdm is good broadcaster and deserve respect.

wtcc is welcome to macau and people like. asa doesnt like cause hk hav no track to host racing. poor hk. those were the days.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2336219)   #112
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
you shall know that macau race is in streets you cant put cameras wherever you want. tdm is good broadcaster and deserve respect.

wtcc is welcome to macau and people like. asa doesnt like cause hk hav no track to host racing. poor hk. those were the days.
They have cameras in those positions, they just missed the actions.

Those were what days? If you talk about Group A, DTM or Super Touring days, those really were the days when we had great racing.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2336327)   #113
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
For me, since WTCC becomes part of Macau, the action has always been quite poor, everytime it has been a game of "follow my leader" until someone breaksdown or crashes.
Can only agree. 9 laps on a track with at best 1 half decent place to pass. The only people that get much out if it is the crash monkeys and tram race afficionados. F1 races have more overtakings...
Old 17 Nov 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2336368)   #114
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Those were what days? If you talk about Group A, DTM or Super Touring days, those really were the days when we had great racing.
Never seen these races but it would surprise me these faster cars offered better racing.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2336412)   #115
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should allow overtaking in Malco-hairpin. It is possible if cars are fitted with a hydraulic handbrake.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2336421)   #116
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite sure there wasn't any oil on the track. First Farfus hit Thommo, damaging his own car (you could see it wobble under breaking a few times before the wheel came off), and when it finally did come off Tarquini hit it. With the damaged Tarquini slowing down the field behind got compressed, and Menu didn't react in time and could only jerk the car out of the way and into the wall. Any other incidents left unaccounted for?
Old 19 Nov 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2337337)   #117
100kubik
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen
100kubik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD
Well done Yvan Muller...well done. You deserved it the most this year.

PS: What i wouldn't do to kick our Eurosport commentator (Peter Maaloe) out of any kind of motorsport. He cannot pronouce the names and he cannot calculate points. He also say that every driver from Denmark is "unique" (ret enestående, in Danish) and the same with every move they make. He's the biggest crap commentator I have ever heard. Argggg had to watch the races with no sound. Please give us Martin Haven's comments...
It sounds also really good, when Martin Haven said Kristian Poulsen.
But to dirt one Danish commentator to praise the Danish riders???
Old 19 Nov 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2337440)   #118
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
I'm quite sure there wasn't any oil on the track.
Eurosport showed the re-edited highlights last night. The one without Cleland and where Martin spots all the things he missed first time round. There was a brief interview with Menu where he said there was fluid everywhere and blamed Thompson for not parking the car earlier.
Old 19 Nov 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2337459)   #119
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Eurosport showed the re-edited highlights last night. The one without Cleland and where Martin spots all the things he missed first time round. There was a brief interview with Menu where he said there was fluid everywhere and blamed Thompson for not parking the car earlier.
He started off by blaiming Tarquini, but that has changed I see. According to Thompson his car wasn't leaking anything (he should know because he's got the gauges). Of all the cars going through that corner behind Tarquini Menu was the only one who was able to find the oil.
Old 19 Nov 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2337573)   #120
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
He started off by blaiming Tarquini, but that has changed I see. According to Thompson his car wasn't leaking anything (he should know because he's got the gauges).
He wouldn't say he knowingly covered the track in oil though, would he?

I guess we'll never know for sure.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2340179)   #121
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
They should allow overtaking in Malco-hairpin. It is possible if cars are fitted with a hydraulic handbrake.
Coronel had a handbrake especially for Macau.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2340640)   #122
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh?! Interesting. How do you know that?
Old 24 Nov 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2340771)   #123
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
They showed in on Dutch TV:
http://www.rtl.nl/components/sport/g...cau_s2_a13.xml
(I am not sure you can see this from outside Holland, but it's around minute 15)

But I got the impression Coronel didn't use the handbrake. If a team like Sunred has this I am sure at least the other Seats have this too.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2340822)   #124
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
disturbia. how can you fitt 2 cars in melco?if you crash you wont to see fiaa guys sidled up to macau conspiratorially with several looses and sheets of paper rolled up. melco is yellow and actually there had been settlements along to make it in this way.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2340970)   #125
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak
disturbia. how can you fitt 2 cars in melco?if you crash you wont to see fiaa guys sidled up to macau conspiratorially with several looses and sheets of paper rolled up. melco is yellow and actually there had been settlements along to make it in this way.
You can fit two cars through if the drivers have balls. The only narrow bit is the run up to it, the actual braking zone is quite wide, then the exit is narrow. If the driver can get on the inside under brakes, then do a p-brake turn, he could pass.

Tags
wtcc