Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Feb 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4098823)   #101
saxoflute03
Racer

saxoflute03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wicked looking new F1 cars if ever I saw them.
Old 15 Feb 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4098847)   #102
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I get the point, but honestly, what percentage of fans are going to watch the Bahrain testing. I expect that any day of the week the Netflix show will out perform testing significantly from a viewership perspective. And those of us who car to watch testing, will watch both anyhow.

Richard
indeed its not a big deal and i have a PVR so will watch all of this at my own leisure anyways.

but you dont need a large percentage to create trouble these days sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I suggest that pre season testing isnt seen as a product to market to viewers. It really is for the teams to try out their new contenders. Any coverage or news is a bonus.
so this is what i was getting at...this is a strange choice for a media and content creation company to make and seemingly a bit contradictory to what their approach has been since taking over?

again though, its not a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
In the meantime, Aston has posted footage of their car shaking down at Silverstone.

Good to see footage of one of the new cars, rather than just still shots under lighting effects.
indeed it is!

also speaks to what i was getting at...there is a lot of great content to be had but it comes out on multiple platforms and on the teams own sites. still feels a bit like the hodge podge Bernie days where online organization was not a priority.

again, not a big deal as its easy enough to find and share content, just sayin that the NFL does it differently (centralized distribution of as much content as they can all with a set production value) but thats not necessarily a bad thing just thought thats what Liberty were going for.

anyways, ia very not interesting rant on my part!
Old 15 Feb 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4098848)   #103
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoflute03 View Post
Wicked looking new F1 cars if ever I saw them.
yes they are and another looker with the Williams.

Old 15 Feb 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4098867)   #104
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the McLaren launch on Sky F1, car looks great, couldn't say the same about the presentation, Karun Chandhok was fine and took a tour around the factory. The woman just stared at a script and behaved like she'd been picked up from her day job at a Holiday Camp. Hi de Hi.
Old 15 Feb 2022, 20:18 (Ref:4098868)   #105
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n-1P86CGzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYBzndSFVpw

My friend introduced me to this youtube channel, and here are two excellent videos explaining the aerodynamics of the McLaren and Aston Martin. I personally don't really know a huge amount about F1 car aerodynamics but these videos are useful for learning more, and I suspect will also be enjoyable for people who do know a lot about aerodynamics.
Old 15 Feb 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4098879)   #106
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Williams giving me 94 Simtek vibes
Old 16 Feb 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4098947)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Williams giving me 94 Simtek vibes

The Simtek was more of a purple-blue if IIRC.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4098958)   #108
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Williams looks gorgeous.... although am disappointed the Senna S sticker is no more.
Old 16 Feb 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4098985)   #109
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
on reddit someone posted/leaked a pic of the new Ferrari a day early.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...i_f175_leaked/

more gills but from this one blurry picture, its clearly another beautifully sculpted car!

and made even more beautiful because there's no longer any UPS logo on it! might even buy some Ferrari kit this year because of this...and of course in anticipation of Carlos Sainz, my dark horse pick, winning the title!
Old 16 Feb 2022, 21:20 (Ref:4099004)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lovely red and no green on it anymore!
Old 16 Feb 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4099007)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
on reddit someone posted/leaked a pic of the new Ferrari a day early.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...i_f175_leaked/

more gills but from this one blurry picture, its clearly another beautifully sculpted car!

and made even more beautiful because there's no longer any UPS logo on it! might even buy some Ferrari kit this year because of this...and of course in anticipation of Carlos Sainz, my dark horse pick, winning the title!
No UPS or Marlboro on Ferrari? WTF is this world coming to, next thing you'll say it isn't gonna be red
Old 17 Feb 2022, 16:43 (Ref:4099103)   #112
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lovely red and no green on it anymore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
No UPS or Marlboro on Ferrari? WTF is this world coming to, next thing you'll say it isn't gonna be red
missed that the marlboro stuff has ended...well dont miss it actually! it was garish

looks freakin amazing right!

bit curious about what happens when it rains...could water pool up in there? weird question maybe.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4099105)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Looks organic.
Old 17 Feb 2022, 18:06 (Ref:4099120)   #114
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
some interesting comparisons being made online between the sidepod areas of the F1-75 and the MP4-26.

Old 17 Feb 2022, 21:02 (Ref:4099163)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
missed that the marlboro stuff has ended...well dont miss it actually! it was garish

bit curious about what happens when it rains...could water pool up in there? weird question maybe.
I meant REAL Marlboro not that garbage weird logo nonsense.

Well water pooling would be a problem if we had the old rules, but apparently new race direction and regs about actually moving at speed or just park it for rain races to count may fix that.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 01:57 (Ref:4099204)   #116
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
One thing that it seems we'll be able to say for sure in 2022 is that the cars (or at least their sidepods) are all likely to look quite different to each other - at least to begin with.

That's a good thing - how long it lasts is anyone's guess.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 10:49 (Ref:4099254)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

Definitely the red and bring brings to memory the beautiful 641 from 1990
Old 18 Feb 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4099266)   #118
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
This just looks wonderful. All the cars look good under these regs

Old 18 Feb 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4099279)   #119
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ok, who sat on the sidepods during the design phase and no one caught it? MUCH harsher and deeper crease under the NAS of Petronas than others, may be the silver but interesting differences between cars. How will the sidepods evolve over the season and how much can they tweak of it within their overall design and regs for everyone?
Old 18 Feb 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4099282)   #120
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ok, who sat on the sidepods during the design phase and no one caught it? MUCH harsher and deeper crease under the NAS of Petronas than others, may be the silver but interesting differences between cars. How will the sidepods evolve over the season and how much can they tweak of it within their overall design and regs for everyone?
Indeed.

Its been a VERY interesting launch season. I know teams are still hiding a lot but the differnce in designs is quite stark. Im not sure weve seen this much variation since the early 1990s, and for a rule set which was seen as quite restrictive has given us some really fun designs.

In terms of the Mercedes, the render is nothing like the launch car...

....and the launch car is the real deal..it even has the sensors on the car ready for the test this afternoon.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4099290)   #121
Akrapovic
Veteran

Australia
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can spot the fake launch car as it doesn't have the DRS actuator. All the cars which don't have it have been the F1 generic car. All the cars with one have been real.
Old 18 Feb 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4099294)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

Loving the silver and light blue on the Merc. Nothing with the previous black livery, but this year’s livery is something else.

And yes this year’s regs seem to be working. The cars are much better looking, a lot sleeker and nicely shaped
Old 18 Feb 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4099296)   #123
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
This just looks wonderful. All the cars look good under these regs

Indeed another beauty!

But are those barge boards looking things behind the front wheel? Thought the new rules eliminated those so it’s a clever interpretation of the rules?

These are the bits you leave off if it’s just a show car no?

Also no gills. lol
Old 18 Feb 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4099298)   #124
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Given the games that Merc and Red Bull were playing, perhaps they stuck some fake lego barge boards on for the photos / rendering just so that Red Bull waste huge amounts of time planning an appeal.

My goodness, F1 in 2021 has turned me into a full blown conspiracy theorist!
Old 18 Feb 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4099299)   #125
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada

forget masks, tin foil hats offer the best protection!