Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Aug 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2949068)   #101
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
as with marshalling abroad its a shame they havent got a list of organising clubs/chief m's to contact of ALL big meetings in the world or at least europe, i am trying to find different clubs (as ive already tried going through the promoters) to marshal at trophee andros (ive already been advised on tenths to some extent) and ROC (havent tried with ROC yet which i know will be hard)
As you mention yourself - your best bet for a list of contacts is right here. get yourself the "MSA Letter of Recognition"*, then ask around here. I am sure (in fact I know) there are people on here from pretty much every continent that can help you out with marshalling in their home country.

Don't take my word for it, just look at all the different flags that appear on people's profiles. They must be true, it is on the internet!!

*Exact name may differ, but it is the letter from the MSA saying that they know who you are, and are happy that you are competent to represent the Great British Marshal.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2949236)   #102
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
As you mention yourself - your best bet for a list of contacts is right here. get yourself the "MSA Letter of Recognition"*, then ask around here. I am sure (in fact I know) there are people on here from pretty much every continent that can help you out with marshalling in their home country.

Don't take my word for it, just look at all the different flags that appear on people's profiles. They must be true, it is on the internet!!

*Exact name may differ, but it is the letter from the MSA saying that they know who you are, and are happy that you are competent to represent the Great British Marshal.
The MSA letter isn't that grand and certainly doesn't go so far as to say that they are happy that you are competent and/or a representative of british marshals ........ all it says is you are a registered marshal with the MSA and they have no objection to you marshalling abroad on the understanding that it is a private matter between the marshal and the overseas party.

Just want to be clear and help to manage people's expectations/understanding

Dave
Old 1 Sep 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2949274)   #103
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
thanks deley, mark and m1 for the more helpful comments for me on this thread...