Old 5 Jul 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2244494)   #101
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm_five
Also I've got tinted windows to keep the horrible sun off my albino skin and the only thing that can then keep me cool is the aircon - otherwise you'll only find a puddle of milky liquid in the driver's seat one day
Know what that's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm_five
Got to find a 2nd hand one as BMW want £500 for one.
Now that isn't cheap. Hope it gets sorted though.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 12:19 (Ref:2246280)   #102
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I think that was quite possibly my best meeting so far this year - and there's some tough competition there too.

We were spoilt rotten with the weather despite what the forecast said at some points; the racing was (on the whole) exceptionally close (Legends being their usual selves); and the company was great. It was unusual to be asked to do incident as that's where the shortage was, but a great change - I don't do the running and pushing as often as I'd probably like.

It was definitely a different pace and style to how we're used to at Anglesey, and I'm sure that the Irish attitude to certain issues raised a few blood pressures - but it all came together in the end as it always seems to do!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2246324)   #103
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Well, I think that was quite possibly my best meeting so far this year - and there's some tough competition there too.
I seem to be saying that after every meeting this year; this one was no exception! Some great racing - again; good company on post - again; great weather - again; a quiet(ish) weekend - again...there's some sort of pattern developing here!

A first for me...I've seen all sorts of odd things drop off cars, but an oil filter... Well spotted, Jennifer!

Thanks for volunteering to change the marker board after lunch, Asp - I noticed you let your staff do it, though!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2246414)   #104
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What can i say...Fantastic weekend got home at 7 this morn and slept till now! Looking forward to next year already!! Racing was great, weather was much better than expected and it was fairly incident free apart from me trying to ice skate on my knees!! Glad you had a good weekend Dave and i hope that the Irish (or me and maurices) laid back approach to marshaling didnt send your blood pressure through the roof!!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2246488)   #105
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly lived up to my expectations. Legends are always cracking fun and despite some fairly small grids, very few of the races bore resemblance to the circus that is F1 We even had better weather than they did!! That was my first meeting acting as Post Chief on a radio, thanks to Dave for the pointers on Sunday i'm sure i'll get it right given time. Thankfully not too much to do at Peel, plenty of spinners and a few broken cars but nothing too serious. Can't help feel that the startline and a couple of the clerks could do with a hand tho, be it counting or reminded of the Pit Lane rules <cough>umbrellas</cough> Good fun all weekend tho, and as expected a noisy bar on Saturday evening. The food was also fantastic, certainly be eating there again.

Sorry for bringing the radio back a little late on Sunday, but this is the reason. After a Libre got stranded at Peel and i couldn't tell how close to the track it was from our post, i decided to climb up the bank and next to the spectators. Much better view for observing up there, and a fantastic view of the circuit. After we finished the last session, i went back to the car for my camera and took a series of pictures, hence why i was a little late back. The result is below;

Or for the whacking great big full glory of it all, click here
Old 7 Jul 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2246525)   #106
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh!Ha! I wondered what you were up to on the top there Steve. That explains why you went back to the Paddock too! I was expecting you to turn right and head off home and was suprised when you went left! Radio's Huh!

Just like to add my tuppence, was brill and had a super weekend flagging at Rocket! Hope I didnt put too many of the drivers wrong and have now blue flagged the leader of a race! D'oh! Had to happen sooner or later.

Glad the Marshals from Ireland had a good time, wished I could have had that much sleep after I got home! Good to see and old friend in John Cunningham too!

One day I'll get over there (if you'd have me!) and sooner the better! Maybe for Rally Ireland? Who knows?

Cheers to all on Rocket who put up with me. Cracking laughs all weekend.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2246541)   #107
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
it was fairly incident free apart from me trying to ice skate on my knees!!
I wasn't going to mention that!

Quote:
Glad you had a good weekend Dave and i hope that the Irish (or me and maurices) laid back approach to marshaling didnt send your blood pressure through the roof!!
No problem there - it's great to work with folks who make me look alert...

...you can be on my post next year as long as you bring Patrick with you!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2246545)   #108
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgot to say thanks to Magnet (Terry) for letting us stay in the Paddock Suite (or office as its better known ) I know I speak for all four of us who stayed saturday night!

Old 7 Jul 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2246557)   #109
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a weekend!! I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Anglesey... the racing was first class, and with the exception of this crash on the start/finish straight at the start of the Formula Vee race yesterday, it was fairly incident-free at Post 1. On the whole we were very lucky with the weather (the sky looked very threatening on both mornings) so that was another bonus. Hopefully you'll have me back next year

Finally, a huge thanks to Jennifer_ni for the work that she put into organising the ferry, accomodation and of course the driving. Cheers!

Last edited by Burnsie; 7 Jul 2008 at 18:38.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2246732)   #110
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was a pretty scary looking crash (I saw it from post 4).

Thanks to everyone for an excellent weekend. The racing was great with the legends being excellent as normal.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2247017)   #111
Mad Mattie
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Mad Mattie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Chief Marshal for the race meeting, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude to all the marshal's and the crew of the rescue unit for the smooth and safe running of the race meeting.

It was a great weekend.

Mattie
Old 8 Jul 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2247199)   #112
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to add PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we try not to clash with that little event at silverstone next year? I really missed being there with you all.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2247465)   #113
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
What can i say...Fantastic weekend got home at 7 this morn and slept till now! Looking forward to next year already!! Racing was great, weather was much better than expected and it was fairly incident free apart from me trying to ice skate on my knees!! Glad you had a good weekend Dave and i hope that the Irish (or me and maurices) laid back approach to marshaling didnt send your blood pressure through the roof!!
So that's why you trotted over to the Rescue Unit.

Please could someone tell Tony that Dave managed to fix my stopwatch and to thank him and Agnes for the craic over the weekend.

Looking forward to next year already.