Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2003, 13:14 (Ref:612462)   #101
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many people that are bagging Colin's decision have driven a race car at Winton? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sure Crompton had driven a race car if my memory serves me correctly so regardless of his title this year he has more of a right to comment than all of us lounge lizards.

I still think he made a mistake but he and the others are the umpires and the teams and us have to abide the ruling weather we like it or not.
Old 28 May 2003, 13:14 (Ref:612463)   #102
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gather ALL evidence from ALL sources, look at similar previous cases and the penalties they recieved and then- devise a penalty to fit the crime.

Nuf Said.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 28 May 2003, 13:18 (Ref:612470)   #103
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But would channel 10 like to have the result changed two hours after the race ends?

That is why we have this "Instant Justice" system that is causing the problems.
Old 28 May 2003, 13:21 (Ref:612476)   #104
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed.

If they didn't penalise during the races, you would have massive dramas after the event. At least Murph had a chance to make it back through the field a bit. What if he had a 30sec penalty after the race, and lost the appeal? He would have probably been worse off.
Old 28 May 2003, 13:23 (Ref:612477)   #105
Archer
Veteran

Gather ALL evidence from ALL sources, look at similar previous cases and the penalties they recieved and then- devise a penalty to fit the crime.

Nuf Said.

It doesnt take that much time, then put time penalties into effect eg 1 sec for curb hopping, 2 secs for speeding in pit lane and 3-whatever sec for "punting" to make the penalty to fit the crime (for EXAMPLE)

They announce the adjusted finishing positions before the presentation, it doesnt take that long if they work it out on the run.

Last edited by Archer; 28 May 2003 at 13:26.
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

Old 28 May 2003, 13:26 (Ref:612480)   #106
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't care what reasons anyone gives for that decision, the answer is that it was 1000% wrong. I'm not a big fan of Murph, but that was just ordinary. It also puts pay to the theory, that only drivers can produce the right justice at the racetrack.
Old 28 May 2003, 20:09 (Ref:612845)   #107
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't care what reasons anyone gives for that decision, the answer is that it was 1000% wrong.
YES! It amazes me that people are STILL defending the stuffup!!

If Murphy had have "nurfed" Lowndes off the track while he was running comfortably, sure, penalise him. This is a CLEAR case of the car in front losing it. I don't know what type of racing some of you guys are into, but it's obviously different to the majority of forumers that hang around here. Some of you guys have got into a "hmmm i'll take a different stance of this, and oppose what looked clear cut, and argue it from a different angle".

Now some of your arguments have turned slightly lateral.

Lets get back to basics huh. Lowndes and Murphy were having a rip-roaring battle, full-on. BUMPER TO BUMPER. Lowndes's rear end breaks away, causing him to jump on the stoppers RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE APEX of a fast left hander that has only ONE racing line, on the absolute grip limit. I've heard reports that Murphy's left front tyre was locked up? If that's true it makes sense as the right side is loaded up.

I read two guys posts who have done hundreds of laps around Winton, and both of them stated the same thing. You're on the limit there, letting the cars inertia do what you have set it up to do on the approach.

Lets say this happened at the Dipper at Bathurst, how much control do you think drivers have going through there?
Old 28 May 2003, 20:38 (Ref:612871)   #108
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point s you have raised Gunslinger.
When you look at what happened with Ambrose and Bright, and the fact that Bright was not penalised, it really makes you wonder doesn't it.
Old 28 May 2003, 21:44 (Ref:612944)   #109
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good points Gunslinger- I agree that on that corner, the car is balanced very finely and any little thing could upset its balance, including loss of grip from worn/wearing rear tyres. The fact he got nudged AFTER this wobble was set in motion is unfortunate and had no bearing on the fact that Lowndes was going off- he even stated things to that effect after the race had concluded.

Nowhere in the racing world is there a rule that drivers mus observe a 2 second interval between vehicles (more at higher speed) for the sake of "road safety".

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 28 May 2003, 23:48 (Ref:613019)   #110
Morris 1100
Veteran

Gunslinger, My opinion is based on having done a heck of a lot of racing laps at Winton, I have even won a race there, has Crompton?
Old 28 May 2003, 23:53 (Ref:613020)   #111
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
How many people that are bagging Colin's decision have driven a race car at Winton?
So are you saying that if a similar thing happens at Pukekohe later in the year, you'll be willing to take the word of those of us that have driven there?

Seriously, we've all see the footage from the camera in the KMART car. Is there anyone here that can honestly claim that if they were in that car, they could have avoided hitting Lowndes.

Would you have tried to go;
a) left - but you are already cornering on the limit,
b) right - that's where Lowndes appears to be sliding off the track - why would you want to go there? or
c) brake (Murphy did that, but too late - are you claiming your reactions are better?), or
d) another answer - describe?
Old 29 May 2003, 08:42 (Ref:613231)   #112
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
found this at foxsports

By Ray Kershler
May 29, 2003

V8 SUPERCAR race stewards are under fire after a public backlash over the penalty imposed on K mart driver Greg Murphy last Sunday.
Murphy - how can I be to blame?
The stewards virtually disqualified Murphy from last week's championship race at Winton by imposing a drive-through penalty.
Murphy's K mart Commodore tapped a struggling Ford rival, Craig Lowndes, who ended up seeing more of rural Victoria than he had planned.
What appeared to most to be "a racing incident" changed dramatically within minutes. Stewards deemed Murphy to be in the wrong and gave him the penalty, dropping him from third to 16th.
Even a seemingly harsh penalty might have gone without too much controversy except many believe stewards are having too much influence on race results and a growing suspicion among fans that they are picking on Murphy.
V8 Supercar fans have bombarded Murphy with support and the penalty on one of the series' more charismatic drivers was too much for the outspoken Tony Cochrane, the chairman of Avesco, the controlling body of the sport, who bagged his own stewards.
"I thought it was an absolute joke," he said. "It was a farcical decision. I'll be raising merry hell because it is reflecting on the professionalism of the sport."
Murphy is no angel on the track. But he is outspoken and passionate.
"I don't want to sound like a whinger, but I've got to say something because I can't just let these things happen," he said yesterday.
"The other driver has admitted it wasn't my fault because he got out of shape.
"How can I be to blame?"
According to the stewards' driving standards observer, former champion Colin Bond, Murphy should have avoided Lowndes.
"Well, if he thinks that, he should put the suit back on. If he could have avoided that incident then he is still good enough to win championships," Murphy said.
Murphy is adamant there is no evidence to suggest the stewards are picking on him.
But, circumstantially, there has been enough interaction between Murphy and the stewards over recent years to suggest otherwise to fans.
Murphy finished second in the championship last year, never giving up the chase even after Mark Skaife established an almost unbeatable lead from the start.
"An incredible number of people have asked, 'Why have they got it in for you for?' I'd hate to believe that but when other people are telling me, it is hard to get it out of your mind," Murphy said.
"It is fairly frustrating.
"We are stuck with some very inconsistent rulings.
"It's not just me. Incidents involving other people as well are overwhelmingly seen as wrong and they are hurting the sport.
"Sunday was an example but there are lots of other examples."

The Daily Telegraph
Old 29 May 2003, 09:13 (Ref:613254)   #113
TeamChaparral
Rookie

TeamChaparral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdmdog
It seems that Bomn subscribes to the "Id better say something otherwise I might sound stupid" theory.

MAAATE, better stop before you get further behind!!

Now that's FARKIN Funny....
Old 29 May 2003, 10:04 (Ref:613292)   #114
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that’s a real hoot.

It just shows that you can’t have a discussion with people who don’t have a clue because as soon as they realise that they can’t have everything their own way they resort to personal attacks. Some people here think that because they turn up at a racetrack with a pretty paint job on an old hairdressers car that it makes them an expert.
Old 29 May 2003, 10:47 (Ref:613342)   #115
Gunslinger
Racer

AHHHHHAHAHAAAahahahaa...heheheee...kekekeekekeke

Don't want to be the one who told you so Bomn, BUT I TOLD YOU SO!! LOL
Old 29 May 2003, 10:59 (Ref:613355)   #116
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bomn: Enlighten us on your wonderful career and what you race then ?? Who exactly were you referring to with the "pretty paint job" comment ?? rdmdog ??

You remind me of a guy who is drowning but because his girlfriend is watching from the beach he's to scared to raise his arm and call the lifeguard....

It's tough trying to defend the indefensible... still, good luck, at least you are persistant...

Cheers,
Paul...
Old 29 May 2003, 11:03 (Ref:613360)   #117
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
You told me what clothears.

In the only post you made that wasn’t an attack you were wrong.
Old 29 May 2003, 11:11 (Ref:613367)   #118
TeamChaparral
Rookie

That's what I would expect from yesterday's hero...

Off you go.. Tuck your Semi-retired Team Managers arse into your $14,990 Drive away-No more to pay Race car and give someone with half an idea a go...

I DO think your a tool, but what's my opinion... I'll let the thousands of others on here tell you...

Last edited by TeamChaparral; 29 May 2003 at 11:13.
Old 29 May 2003, 11:18 (Ref:613376)   #119
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
If you find somebody with half an idea will you let me know.
Old 29 May 2003, 11:20 (Ref:613379)   #120
Morris 1100
Veteran

Yeah Yeah Blah Blah sling mud because you are wrong, blah blah.

To me it seems like Bomn in about the only one here with a clue!

Last edited by Morris 1100; 29 May 2003 at 11:22.
Old 29 May 2003, 11:20 (Ref:613380)   #121
TeamChaparral
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
Yeah that’s a real hoot.

Some people here think that because they turn up at a racetrack with a pretty paint job on an old hairdressers car that it makes them an expert.
1) Glad you like the Paint job
2) Hairdresser Car ??? Not my Hairdresser.. Ya Toss

What's this... Beat up a Senior Citizen's Day... What on your mind Morris ??? Apart from the Beatles ???

Last edited by TeamChaparral; 29 May 2003 at 11:22.
Old 29 May 2003, 11:38 (Ref:613402)   #122
FatBoy
Racer

FatBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
Yeah Yeah Blah Blah sling mud because you are wrong, blah blah.
To me it seems like Bomn in about the only one here with a clue!
Fantastic mate, congrats on a great post. I honestly don't think you could make a comeback if you w@nked into a fan...

Bomn: So pointing out perceived blindness is a personal attack thesedays ??
I'm still waiting to hear about your achievements too ?? Or are you another of those "The older i get the better i was..." kind of people ??
Why is it that when an overwhelming majority can see the sky is blue there'll always be someone who thinks it's pink ??

And i'm glad you have taken such an avid interest in or race team. Check out the website, the race dates are there, and feel free to rock up and let us know face to face what you think of our hairdressers cars...

Cheers,
Paul...

Last edited by FatBoy; 29 May 2003 at 11:39.
Old 29 May 2003, 12:22 (Ref:613472)   #123
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
You are obviously that slow that you didnt even realise the sarcastic tone of my writing even the didnt clue you in enough?! Please I thought you would have figured by now you havent got too many fans here.
Old 29 May 2003, 19:54 (Ref:614046)   #124
Gunslinger
Racer

Neither of these experts answered your questions alfasud?

Thankyou Mixxer for your post.

Bomn, sorry to rub it in, childish of me, i'll go read the FAQ ten times as penance....but why don't you go ahead and rip Mixxer's post apart, point by point. I'm sure you'd be good at it. So would you colinbond, and Morry1100.

E x p e r t s a t l a t e r a l t h i n k i n g d o h
Old 30 May 2003, 03:22 (Ref:614300)   #125
Archer
Veteran

Gunslinger, FatBoy, TeamChaparral when are we all getting together for drinks?

We seem to be on the same frequency (its called reality in case colinbond and Morry1100 were wondering).

Closed Thread