Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jan 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1496484)   #101
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any one has the lot on VHS or DVD I need a copy, lets hope Aunty gets there act together a puts some of this out for sale!!!

78 GP from Sandown on again tonight - what a blast is it to be watchin this nostalgic motor racing.

I worked in the pits at Sandown in 82 and what a s--t fight! Our team manager was actually hit by Moffat, to his credit Moff and Mick Webb came out to our w/shop on the Monday to smooth things over.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1496537)   #102
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sorry guys , please do not discuss trading copywrighted material on the open forums (I will delete any more mentions of it)

Take it to PM

I thought the whole week was excellent
Old 6 Jan 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1496541)   #103
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
Someone correct me if I am wrong - but wasn't this Garry's last race as a driver? I seem to recall that his injuries stopped him from driving after this, although he kept up with Elfin for a while.

Garrie raced on.....he raced the MR9 later on, remember?
AGP Calder...was it 1980, 0r 81?
and...that accident didnt affect his heart...although he had a bone deep gash on his leg from ankle to knee....
Hamiltons accident was huge, but believe it or not, no legs were broken
Old 7 Jan 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1496552)   #104
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Havent the Laws just been relaxed on this issue Marcus, and there was no mention of any money changing hands!!
Old 7 Jan 2006, 02:08 (Ref:1496589)   #105
Shoey
Rookie

Shoey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a similar note - ABC Monday 8:00pm Dynasties - The Jones (aka Stan, Allan etc.)
Old 7 Jan 2006, 02:48 (Ref:1496599)   #106
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GroupC - the laws hasn't been changed as yet - the changes have been mooted however and only for personal recordings.

On the other hand - copyright only subsists in an item for a specific period of time from first publication (in the case of written works from the date of death of the author).

It is, however, worth clarifying rather than have the waters muddied all the time.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1496605)   #107
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Group C

I personally have no idea of the laws or anything like Im simply passing on information from the admins of this site that there is to be no discussion of sharing video or illegal content on the forums.

I believe it would be great but these are the rules and sadly they must be enforced.

so we can simply continue discussing the excellent shows that the ABC have been showing but cannot discuss offers of trading,purchasing or anything of that nature on the open forums
Old 7 Jan 2006, 05:39 (Ref:1496607)   #108
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GroupC - the laws hasn't been changed as yet - the changes have been mooted however and only for personal recordings.
Saw that in the paper the other day (it will be legal to record programs for your own use)....

.....good to see they are on the ball...

.....when did video's come out....late 70's....

.....just like they have stuffed up cable tv and digital tv.

What do they think we have been doing all these years.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Jan 2006, 06:06 (Ref:1496609)   #109
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABC Shop

Guys....I have heard that ABC has a bunch more stuff archieved and intends to market it on DVD....badger the ABC Shop to make sure it happens
Old 7 Jan 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1496620)   #110
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Group C

I personally have no idea of the laws or anything like Im simply passing on information from the admins of this site that there is to be no discussion of sharing video or illegal content on the forums.

I believe it would be great but these are the rules and sadly they must be enforced.
And a serious question then - exactly whose laws are we to follow here? UK or Australian as the two copyright law, whilst similar *are* different (as are the US copyright laws).

Not trying to bend this in any way but we should at least know what we are operating under here.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1496621)   #111
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
Saw that in the paper the other day (it will be legal to record programs for your own use)....

.....good to see they are on the ball...

.....when did video's come out....late 70's....

.....just like they have stuffed up cable tv and digital tv.

What do they think we have been doing all these years.
s this is starting to get OT a bit..

Video recorders came onto the consumer market around the mid 70's - 1977 - these were 3/4 U-Matic machines, high quality, max 60 mins per tape. Tapes around $30-$35 each, recorders about $2,500.

VHS, Beta came out commercially about 78, 79.

As to 'what have we been doing'? Technically, breaking the law but one that has never been enforced unless the police needed to charge someone with something, anything, to get them into custody and questioning because they didn't have enough evidence for any other charge.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 07:11 (Ref:1496625)   #112
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, is ABC2 on pay TV (Ie Foxtel, Austar etc) or free to Air like Seven/Prime?
Old 7 Jan 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1496630)   #113
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Digital free to air
Old 7 Jan 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1496637)   #114
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....and on pay tv....

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Jan 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1496638)   #115
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
Well, is ABC2 on pay TV (Ie Foxtel, Austar etc) or free to Air like Seven/Prime?
Both -- FTA-digital and also Foxtel
Old 7 Jan 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1496639)   #116
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
s this is starting to get OT a bit..

Video recorders came onto the consumer market around the mid 70's - 1977 - these were 3/4 U-Matic machines, high quality, max 60 mins per tape. Tapes around $30-$35 each, recorders about $2,500.

VHS, Beta came out commercially about 78, 79.

As to 'what have we been doing'? Technically, breaking the law but one that has never been enforced unless the police needed to charge someone with something, anything, to get them into custody and questioning because they didn't have enough evidence for any other charge.
.........and if I remember correctly the TV stations had adds on saying you could not record any programs without contacting the station. They gave up. I guess no one rang.....and its taken our government this long to catch up.
(.....and like I said don't get me started on Pay tv or Didital TV or we will be here forever)

Old 7 Jan 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1496643)   #117
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ok then I will put this straight forward so everyone knows then.

simply put we are under the law of ten tenths which law that operates under im not so sure ? Probably British law.

It doesnt make a difference if here in Australia things like this are Legal the rules are set out very plainly by the administration of this site and ultimately they are the ones responsible for the content of their website and any dealings in the illegal trade of pirated video or DVD recordings can come back and bite them where it hurts.

so therefore it doesnt matter what court of law you want to enter because when its all said and done if the owners of this site dont want it then they have every right in the world to refuse such material and content appearing on their website (it simply doesnt matter where the poster posts from)

they are responsible for the content of the website in their own country which at this stage all topics of conversations and such are deemed illegal (I believe)

so there will be no defence of But here its legal , simply put Ten tenths does NOT want to be seen to be condoning these activities so it doesnt depend on what countries laws we are thinking we are under , heck if the owners dont want us to use the letter "P" in any of our posts that is their right to do so and all letter "P's" will be removed.

so i hope that makes things clear or a little clearer , I am acting upon the request of the site owners to remove any conversation about tape or DVD or Bit Torrent trading on the general forums , what you do in Pm or by email is your business.

so if you have any further questions on the matter please feel free to PM me or if you want to go higher by all means PM the admin of the site and ask for a clarrification on the matter at hand.

P.S pease dont see this as a strong arm tactic I just wanted to make sure we all knew where we stand and that its clear.

carry on
Old 7 Jan 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1496653)   #118
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
marcus - thanks for the 'elucidation' of this 'rule'. I just wanted to be clear seeing as some of the adverts carried by Ten-tenths have, recently, been promoting this type of service! (taped shows, bit torrents, radar detectors etc)
Old 7 Jan 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1496847)   #119
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing some of the names that popped up during the races shown (am i allowed to say i watched the lot of them again this afternoon?)

It was interesting to hear Will Hagon's call of the two F5000 races from AIR and Oran Park. He was quite excited calling these races, as he was calling some of the Group A races in the mid-80s. Have listen to his commentary of races in the 1983 and 1984 ATCC however and he was much more subdued and quiet.......

Anyone else hear Robbie Francevic's name pop up during the 1972 Tasman race from AIR, and Alfie Costanzo's during the 1968 Tasman race at the Farm, it's amazing how much more you see second time around.

It's a pity only one of the Wolf F1 cars started the Rothmans round at Oran Park (Geoff Lees' car broke on the warm-up lap). I'm hoping the ABC have the Surfers Paradise round of the 1979 Rothmans Series tucked away somewhere, the two F1 cars dominated the race and ran into eachother, must have been a site to see these cars at work on that circuit (particularly under the Dunlop Bridge at turn 1).

If only some of the other TV stations were willing to dip into their archives like the ABC has. (maybe if multi-channel Digital gets approved, they will start to do it....)
Old 7 Jan 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1496928)   #120
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other names that suprised was Jim Richards in the Matich at Oran Park(Notice the huge crowd, same sort of crowd they used to get for the Touring cars). Will Hagon was more excited , but did not have much information really on the cars. Strange he was the "Neil Compton" of the announcers back then and I remember him being extemely well informed...well relatively compared to his co-hosts.
A few of the 19 cars on the grid were AF2 cars, so there about 16 true" big bangers" on the grid, including the Wolf F1 car. The F1 car, struggled...lack of torque on a tight track?
Old 7 Jan 2006, 22:24 (Ref:1497010)   #121
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I even heard a Radisich mentioned , Im assuming this was either Paul's father or another relative (I think that might have been the oran park F5000 round?)

and even in the old 1970 and 71 touring car events Im sure I heard Bob Tweedie get a mention.

it really was fantastic though and I do hope they show some more in the future.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1497018)   #122
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Thanks for making that much clearer Marcus,
I didn't mean to cause any trouble but at least everyone that bother's to read it know's where they stand.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1497063)   #123
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I recall rightly, Hagon mentioned that the F1 car around Oran Park had to complete 17 gear changes per lap, compared to an F5000's 8 or 9. Also, the F1 cars had to run on the same tyres, as used in the Aurora Series.

A question: When did Oran Park get rid of that horrible squiggle after turn three?
Old 8 Jan 2006, 01:03 (Ref:1497078)   #124
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Touring Cars at least, the last time the 'squiggle' was used was for the 1984 ATCC round. By the time the Valvoline 250 came around (Round 2 of the 1984 Australian Endurance Championship), they had put a straight line in cutting out the squiggle. So sometime inbetween the 1984 ATCC round and the 1984 AEC round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
Other names that suprised was Jim Richards in the Matich at Oran Park(Notice the huge crowd, same sort of crowd they used to get for the Touring cars). Will Hagon was more excited , but did not have much information really on the cars. Strange he was the "Neil Compton" of the announcers back then and I remember him being extemely well informed...well relatively compared to his co-hosts.
A few of the 19 cars on the grid were AF2 cars, so there about 16 true" big bangers" on the grid, including the Wolf F1 car. The F1 car, struggled...lack of torque on a tight track?
I believe so, it hurt them at Sandown as well. Basing it on the RCN report, Surfers really suited the F1 cars right down to the ground, and they walked that round of the Rothmans Series.

Seton Fanatic - I'll have to watch it again regarding the tyres, but i can't imagine the Theodore Wolf's using tyres from the Aurora Series would have been a problem, because the Aurora Series was a Formula 1 championship. The cars were two years old by then as well (one of them Jody Sheckter used to win the 1977 Argentine Grand Prix (hang on, or was it South Africa?), Wolf's first grand prix), and weren't the latest 'wing cars' (were they allowed to enter ground effect cars in 1979 in F5000?)
Old 8 Jan 2006, 01:15 (Ref:1497081)   #125
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that.