Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Oct 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3317420)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some of my stuff still has spring Road Atlanta clay on it. And some I think just finally dried after back to back weekends.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3317466)   #102
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Already two full rows of campers waiting to get in.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:35 (Ref:3317475)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damn, was afraid the line was going to build fast being the last year. Any idea where they will stick us if the line fills up? Couple years ago I got there at 7 on Tuesday night and got stuck in Lanier until after 9 on Wed morning.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3317480)   #104
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Wow, my plan had been to arrive around when it opens on Wednesday. Sounds like I might want to get there a bit earlier!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3317482)   #105
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If you don't mind where you camp Wed morning is fine, I'm running ahead to grab a decent size area since there will be prob 4 canopies, 4-6 tents and a popup camper.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3317496)   #106
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will be down there mid-day Wednesday, thankfully I have just a truck and a tent to set up so I should find some space.

I am so freakin' excited!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3317499)   #107
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If you don't mind where you camp Wed morning is fine, I'm running ahead to grab a decent size area since there will be prob 4 canopies, 4-6 tents and a popup camper.
I've just got to find a spot for a minivan and a couple tents, so it shouldn't be much of an issue... as long as I can get in the gate in time to watch the first ALMS sessions!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 14 Oct 2013 at 01:01.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3317510)   #108
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Damn, was afraid the line was going to build fast being the last year. Any idea where they will stick us if the line fills up? Couple years ago I got there at 7 on Tuesday night and got stuck in Lanier until after 9 on Wed morning.
Sorry, I don't know. I'm traveling on business and wont get to the track till Wednesday P.M. Some of our group (campers) will be arriving around noon, hope they can get our spot.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3317823)   #109
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a day and half to go! Bring on Wed morning!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3317826)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Exactly, just finishing loading the truck and I'm ready for Wed. Gonna be a long day in line tomorrow I'm sure but if we get along the road worth it I think. Trying for the same spot as GA weekend unless there's a desire to be off the road.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3317937)   #111
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just want a spot, I ain't picky.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3317949)   #112
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just want a spot, I ain't picky.
Me too. I was of work today but tomorrow will be the longest day of staring at my cubicle.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3317950)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
That I can do, just talked to the road Atlanta people, 3 lanes and a bit full now. Think I'll be sleeping at Lanier tomorrow
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3318040)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just find me a flat spot.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3318046)   #115
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds like my day tomorrow is going to consist of 8 hours of driving... followed by waiting in line!
Old 15 Oct 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3318083)   #116
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Forecast now calls for rain on Thursday
Old 15 Oct 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3318101)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Number 70 in line, 4 full rows now.
Sorry, forgot to hook up the bobcat to make a flat spot. Did grab two straw bales in an effort to ward off the rain though. Now to nap and be a bum in line until 8 tom morning.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3318168)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sorry, forgot to hook up the bobcat to make a flat spot. Did grab two straw bales in an effort to ward off the rain though. Now to nap and be a bum in line until 8 tom morning.
You the man!
Old 15 Oct 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3318198)   #119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Forecast now calls for rain on Thursday
Yeah, 60 or 70 percent depending on where you look.

http://www.wsbradio.com/s/weather/

Just need to have it all cleared off by Night Practice. Nothing worse than a wet night session. that would be a -10 of the "JHam-meter".

Quote:
Bacon will bring you his shovel.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3318664)   #120
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fingers crossed, but one local tv weatherman (wsb) showed
a forecast model with the rain moving out of the track
area by 5 or 6:00 pm Thurs. Friday looks good,Saturday
looks great.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3318872)   #121
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Good call canamman, latest forecast this AM looks like rain on and off all day, but ending by 6pm. Should be at worst, a drying track at the start of night practice.

*knocking on wood*
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3318902)   #122
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Not going to make the noon meet-up today, but I know where the campsite is so I will stop by later in the weekend.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3318903)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Not going to make the noon meet-up today, but I know where the campsite is so I will stop by later in the weekend.
Looking forward to seeing you and the meet up, albeit different times! Trying to get motivated to get out in the rain and mud.

Do K&N cars have rain tires and wipers?
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3318914)   #124
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They aren't on track now, thinking they might not make their second practice either.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 14:29 (Ref:3318955)   #125
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
They are searching cars for alcohol so be creative.