Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Nov 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2591297)   #101
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They will not be the new Andrea Moda if they inherit the Toyota race team and the TF110. It will essentially be Toyota under Serbian management
Old 29 Nov 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2591410)   #102
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
They will not be the new Andrea Moda if they inherit the Toyota race team and the TF110. It will essentially be Toyota under Serbian management
Pretty much. It always struck me as odd that AFAIK there hasn't yet been a mass exodus of Toyota employees (bar the drivers) leaving for other squads and the like.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2591648)   #103
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155011/...enault_f1.html

Another step in the direction of Briatore F1 perhaps...

Selby
Old 30 Nov 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2591672)   #104
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that one plays out you would have to wonder how truly sorry or removed from the Singapore thing Renault really were.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2591676)   #105
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
*If Toyota do not have an entry next year they have an agreement with Ecclestone - they would have to pay him $150 million
Crivens!!! Who in their right minds gets in to a deal like that??????? BE should be bloody grateful people want to race in his series, not charge the Earth for people who can no longer afford to be in it.

Still, its Toyota's fault for agreeing to that sort of deal in the first place I guess.

If I were Toyota I'd just tell him to sod off. If BE then sued to get the cash, the publicity would go something like this...."We would have kept on the UK workforce, but unfortunately we had to give BE all the money for running the factory, so its his fault all you people are now unemployed - and of course, BE doesn't give a s**t about you guys - he only wants the money that would have kept you in a job"

Or something.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2591765)   #106
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Or they could simply have not committed to the series by signing the Concorde thingy. Just an idea. Why shouldn't they be made to pay?

I say let Renault feck off and let the ex Toyota and BMW teams back. Works for me. Last thing we need is Flavio back.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 18:02 (Ref:2591837)   #107
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You just can't have people signing up to something with no penalty if they go back on the deal and the bigger the deal the bigger the penalty, simples! As Craig says, why sign in the first place, I am sure they knew what they were signing?
Old 30 Nov 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2591885)   #108
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in the biiger picture, $150million to leave, isn't that around 6 months racing at their budget and the agreement was for 3 years. not cheap for sure, but compared to staying in? Now if they'd agreed to the cap!
Old 30 Nov 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2591891)   #109
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltb View Post
Now if they'd agreed to the cap!
ooh! don't get me started on that!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2592068)   #110
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were racing on ~$250 million this year, with further cuts along the way for 2010. I recall comments being made that they (Toyota Motorsports GmbH) have enough money to turn up racing in Bahrain.. not sure how far through the season it would take them though. I'm guessing $150 million could take em halfway through 2011.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2593300)   #111
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
According to the French newspaper L'Equipe, Renault are going to quit and hand over the team to David Richards with possible backing from another "second tier" (Korean?) manufacturer.

We will announce something the day we have something to announce,” said a Priodrive spokesman yesterday. “Prodrive had its candidature turned down by the FIA for 2010, but would be ready to engage with F1 as long as it could be competitive and the business is viable.”
Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2593308)   #112
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Prodrive, Aston Martin?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2593312)   #113
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Prodrive, Aston Martin?
Possibly, but here's a link that could explain more.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/1...e-under-study/
Old 3 Dec 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2593330)   #114
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Good explanation and another reason why manufactures should supply engines and leave the racing to teams like Williams and Brawn...
Old 3 Dec 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2593342)   #115
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Good explanation and another reason why manufactures should supply engines and leave the racing to teams like Williams and Brawn...
Oh no! I'm agreeing with James Allen, but also you Jeremy, so that's OK.
Yes, you're right...
Old 3 Dec 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2593407)   #116
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...o-buy-renault/

Joe Saward seems rather certain
Old 3 Dec 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2593411)   #117
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
Let's hope that Uncle Dave keeps Kubica and, while he's at it, hires Kobiyashi. I really like the idea of that pairing.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2593442)   #118
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
There's a meeting today..........

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80424
Old 3 Dec 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2593445)   #119
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
Let's hope that Uncle Dave keeps Kubica and, while he's at it, hires Kobiyashi. I really like the idea of that pairing.
The rumour is that there's a clause in Kubica's contract that if Renault go, he goes. So I reckon he'll end up at Mercedes. Heidfeld will probably end up at Sauber, so I don't know who DR would pick
Old 3 Dec 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2593459)   #120
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it keeps the team going it's fine by me.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2593480)   #121
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
The rumour is that there's a clause in Kubica's contract that if Renault go, he goes. So I reckon he'll end up at Mercedes. Heidfeld will probably end up at Sauber, so I don't know who DR would pick
I'll correct myself slightly as it's too late to edit - Kubica might end up at Mercedes. Obviously no guarantee there, as Haug apparently still likes Heidfeld and Kubica isn't German. You only have to look at the standings this year to see why it wouldn't necessarily be a straight-forward decision. It depends on how highly they rate Rosberg and whether they genuinely want him as team leader
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:38 (Ref:2593486)   #122
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More details about the unofficial Mangrove-Prodrive-Renault deal:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/n..._09120318.html
Old 3 Dec 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2593516)   #123
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'll correct myself slightly as it's too late to edit - Kubica might end up at Mercedes. Obviously no guarantee there, as Haug apparently still likes Heidfeld and Kubica isn't German. You only have to look at the standings this year to see why it wouldn't necessarily be a straight-forward decision. It depends on how highly they rate Rosberg and whether they genuinely want him as team leader
Do they actually want two Germans though?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2593522)   #124
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Do they actually want two Germans though?
All signs suggest so
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2593576)   #125
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Rosberg can realise his potential, then him and Kubica could be a very strong pairing, not far off what McLaren and Ferrari will have next year.