Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Jul 2003, 14:21 (Ref:662861)   #101
BillStenning
Rookie

BillStenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting thread.. not much mention of Cadwell on it's own.... any guesses how much of the £70m total Cadwell would command? Can't be THAT much of it, surely.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 14:26 (Ref:662866)   #102
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
less likelyhood of Cadwell being prime development opportunity (trust me green belt seems to mean nothing if you "know" the right councillor) as it really is middle of nowhere so it should hopefully be relatively cheaper
Old 16 Jul 2003, 17:19 (Ref:663039)   #103
BillStenning
Rookie

BillStenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something in the £3m to £4m range??? Does that sound reasonable?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 07:59 (Ref:663636)   #104
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shame we cant buy some circuits!!?

maybe advertise a supporters association accross autosports, mcn, motosport news, web forums!!

£1000 x 10000 people makes what 10million by my calculations, football clubs have done it, cant we? anyone with some sensible business nonse out there, that could steer us into owning our own circuits or some of them ?

better than driving past westfield bends housing estate, or old hall plaza etc etc

just look at justin wilson!! £500 minimum per share and that bought him 1.5 million i think it was to buy him an f1 drive!! now thats a gamble he may not drive after next season if nobody can build him his own long boat!!
Old 17 Jul 2003, 11:02 (Ref:663739)   #105
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motorsport News is reporting that the BARC are trying to purchase the circuits calling upon the resources of wealthy enthusiasts from what I can gather..I need to read it again and see who the names mentioned are so we can suggest this idea

Last edited by PaulSands; 17 Jul 2003 at 11:02.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 12:39 (Ref:667064)   #106
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm an enthusiast, and would willingly donate to the fund. Problem is, with the amount I could stump up, there would need to be a lot of enthusiasts out there.

Anyone fancy starting a "Ten-Tenths Circuit Rescue" fund?

Tim.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 13:35 (Ref:667144)   #107
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah
Old 21 Jul 2003, 13:35 (Ref:667146)   #108
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We need a site set up for this.......
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:09 (Ref:667403)   #109
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickBrownFox
I'm an enthusiast, and would willingly donate to the fund. Problem is, with the amount I could stump up, there would need to be a lot of enthusiasts out there.

Anyone fancy starting a "Ten-Tenths Circuit Rescue" fund?

Tim.
Tim, All these kind of ideas can be forwarded to saveourcircuits@btccworld.com

We're looking at the possibilty of forming some kind of group.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:14 (Ref:667405)   #110
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
hahahaha!!!!

Sorry Sim but do you really think you'd be taken seriously if you approached the owners of BHC and offered to buy them out...?!

I think perhaps the best thing you can do is get in contact with the BARC and support their bid
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:13 (Ref:667475)   #111
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

LOL

I wasn't planning to buy them out, I was planning to start a support group (See previous post on the matter )
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:15 (Ref:667481)   #112
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

I expect more of you Craig, you should know that I cant be trusted with a can of pepsi, let alown a major company
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:22 (Ref:667490)   #113
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
*Start* a support group? I think you *need* a support group...!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 19:23 (Ref:667543)   #114
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
*Start* a support group? I think you *need* a support group...!

I'll remember that.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:48 (Ref:668129)   #115
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Nah, he just needs help.....

Seriously though, i will support this...
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:53 (Ref:668135)   #116
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
would individual representations to the BARC carry any weight or would something under the ten-tenths banner be more effective?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 11:26 (Ref:668168)   #117
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
dunno, could try both?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 20:33 (Ref:668768)   #118
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

I think as a group you've got more chance to be honest.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 20:42 (Ref:668772)   #119
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
More chance of what exactly? You can send emails all you like, unless you've got a few million quid stuffed under your pillow your just dreaming.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 20:47 (Ref:668778)   #120
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

As the bud advert once said,

True.

We'll if the sale happens we're all screwed and powerless.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 13:32 (Ref:670291)   #121
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just thought i'd post this from autosport.com:
Quote:
Marketing expert Tim Beadle, who led a consortium to buy the circuits being sold by Brands Hatch Circuits Ltd, has withdrawn his bid after reviewing a business overview of the venues, reports AUTOSPORT. Beadle believes that Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Cadwell Park cannot be run at a profit. "I was only interested in them as a going concern, not to redevelop the sites," said Beadle. "But studying the numbers and locations, they really are only prime for redevelopment."
Old 24 Jul 2003, 13:34 (Ref:670293)   #122
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Yes but in a later part of the same article (I think) Denis Carter of BARC says he doesn't agree with Tim.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 13:35 (Ref:670295)   #123
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but i think it's fairly worrying that a potential investor only sees the land as being viable for development.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 08:05 (Ref:670883)   #124
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
given the current state of the world economy and to a certain extent British Motorsport (too many championships fighting for a slice of the cake) nobody is going to make a huge profit (if any) running a circuit at this moment in time. This doesn't mean that it cant change, you only have to look at the sucessful meetings that Castle Combe runs...
Old 25 Jul 2003, 08:26 (Ref:670893)   #125
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
In some ways it's rather like running a fleet of trucks or an airline, you have to have your investment working as many hours of the day and as many days of the week as possible to maximise the return.

In other words, whoever buys the circuits will, if they are to keep them as motor racing circuits, have to have sucessful racing schools, conference facilities etc etc. Maybe even a change of planning consent to allow the occasional concert either after race meetings or during weekday evenings.